One way to refresh the polluted air inside your house is by using a good-quality air purifier. But unfortunately, the chances of health issues caused by air pollutants are too high.
This can trigger neurological problems, respiratory infections, or people living with asthma. A good quality air purifier helps remove different air pollutants inside the house and keeps us healthy.
Air Doctor 3500 (formerly known as AirDoctor Pro and 3000) has become increasingly popular lately, and our readers were asking us how it looks compared to competitors.
Full Air Doctor 3500 review read here, but in this article, let’s compare it to another popular brand and one of their best model, BlueAir Pure 211+ Auto Air Purifiers.
Air Doctor 3500
The manufacturers of Air Doctor 3500 have designed their products to provide a beautiful and modern design.
These air purifiers are available in dual tones and are unique. As a result, these purifiers blend quite easily with the overall decor of your commercial or residential place.
The design and structure of this air purifier are entirely different from the other air purifiers available on the market. These do not look boxy or give an edgy look.
BlueAir Pure 211+
The Blue Pure 211+ Auto Air purifiers are easy to use. However, unlike some air purifiers, these do not have many buttons, which can confuse some.
One doesn’t have to spend hours learning how to operate it. It has a single-button design. This single button helps you to control the air purifier without any trouble.
These do not have any knob or button to adjust the different features of the air purifier; the single button will help you switch on and off the air purifier and select the speed options.
Blue Pure 211+ Auto Air purifier has Wi-Fi control features as well.
AirDoctor 3500 vs. BlueAir Pure 211+ Auto Air Purifier – Functionality
Air Doctor 3500
Air Doctor 3500 is constructed using UltraHEPA filtration technology, which helps create a field that kills bacteria and pathogens in the air when they pass through the area.
This is why more and more people choose to get air purifiers for their homes or commercial places.
The air purifier also uses a filter that can be washed when needed. These filters are the pre-filters that collect the large particles before the air passes to the filter inside.
You will also get notifications when you should clean the pre-filter so the air filter can work better.
BlueAir Pure 211+
The Blue Pure 211+ Auto air purifier helps trap and eliminate harmful particles in the human body.
These also have a pre-filter that can be washed easily—the pre-filter traps large particles, like pet dander or hair, pollen, etc.
These particles are harmful to people who have asthma or other respiratory problems.
The two-in-one filter has a lifespan of six months; the air purifier has a built-in LED warning system that glows red when you change the BlueAir 211+ purifier filters.
How Do They Work?
Air Doctor 3500
The AirDoctor 3500 has a pro filtration process. This air purification has a four-in-one cleaning process.
Following are the steps that are included in the process of air filtration done by Air Doctor 3500.
- Pre-filter is the first stage that the air has to pass through. The largest particles are collected, like hair, dust, and much more. This filter can be washed when necessary. In addition, it helps make the internal filter to be more efficient.
- In this air purifier, you will get an advanced HEPA filter. This filter helps capture particles that are even in size of 0.003 microns. These filters are quite efficient and can capture 99.95% of particles.
- After the Ultra HEPA filter, the activated carbon filter is next. These are also known as VOC or dual-action gas filters. These perform two functions and are commonly found in many air purifiers.
- Lastly comes the ionizers. It is a bonus in this air purifier mainly due to the cleaning feature. Ionizers send the negatively charged ions into the air and help to purify them. These are also called odor neutralizers and mood changers by plenty of people.
The AirDoctor 3500 is an all-in-all air purifier with a fantastic cleaning process. The UltraHEPA filter makes these stand out compared to the other air purifiers.
BlueAir Pure 211+
In BlueAir Pure 211+ Air purifier, you get a three-stage filtration process that removes all pollutants and harmful contaminants from the air.
The three-stage filtration includes the following:
- The first stage is the pre-filter, which is washable and helps remove large particles. It floats in the air due to its lightweight. This pre-filter used in the BlueAir Pure 211+ is also available in different colors. Therefore, one can choose to pick the one they want and purchase the design that they think will suit the decor of their space.
- The next stage is the particle filter. This polypropylene filter eliminates the air-borne particles and odors causing pollutants.
- Lastly is activated carbon. It is usually used inside the particle filter that helps remove odor, smoke, VOCs, and gases.
Air Doctor 3500 vs. BlueAir Pure 211+ Auto Air Purifier – Features
The Air Doctor 3500 air purifier has plenty of features. Some are as follows:
- Air Quality Sensor And Indicator: This is on the front of the unit and is a colored circle. The color that you see indicates the quality of the air. For example, if you see blue, that indicates good; orange indicates moderate, and red shows poor air quality.
- 24-Hour Timer: A timer helps you turn the air purifier off after being used for one to two hours.
- Four Fan Speeds: You will get four fan speeds in total: medium, low, high, and turbo.
- Automatic Mode: The Automatic mode helps the air purifier do all the jobs independently. It checks the quality of the air and then cleans the air accordingly.
- Night Mode: This dims the control panel and turns off the light when you are sleeping.
- Filter Change Alert: This tells you when to change the filter and clean the pre-filter so the air purifier can work properly.
- Phone App! You need to upgrade to model AD3500i to get the WIFI and the app, but that’s worth it.
BlueAir Pure 211+
The BlueAir Pure 211+ Air purifier has the following features.
- LED Air-Quality Display: You will be updated with the air quality by the LED display, that is, AQI or air quality indicator. This display changes the color to indicate the air quality, and you will learn whether it is good, moderate, or poor.
- One Button Design: When buying a BlueAir Pure 211+ air purifier, you will get a single-button design. When you pick this one, you do not have to learn about the different knobs on other air purifiers. One button will help you control all the features of the air purifier.
- Easy To Change Filters: These air purifiers have a built-in feature that helps you learn when to change the air filter.
Air Doctor 3500 Advantages Over BlueAir Pure 211+ Air Purifier
AirDoctor 3500 has plenty of features that make these advantageous and easy to use. These are built with the use of an Ultra HEPA filter.
These filters make these air purifiers powerful and far more impressive than the other air purifiers available on the market. In addition, these are efficient in capturing and killing pathogens that are even 0.003 microns in size.
Especially when new viruses are coming up and harming the health of our near and dear ones, these air purifiers are the best.
It helps viruses, airborne germs, and bacteria to a great extent. In addition, these filters have dual-action carbon or gas filtration that helps to filter faster and easier.
BlueAir Pure 211+ Auto Air Purifier Advantages Over Air Doctor 3500 Air Purifier
In this air purifier, the particle filter option reduces allergens and contaminants. However, BlueAir 211+ does not have the UltraHEPA filter system in them.
Though the UltraHEPA filter is suggested by plenty of people, the absence of the filter is not a flaw of this air purifier.
The air purifier has been tested to capture around 99.97% of air pollutants and make the air pure and clean.
These are also easy to use due to the one-button setting. In addition, these are designed with a single button that helps control the features of this air purifier quite easily.
Considering all the features and qualities of these air purifiers, we understand that both can make the air pollutant-free in your house.
If you want a user-friendly and straightforward air purifier that can be used easily, you should choose the BlueAir Pure 211+ Auto air purifier.
On the other hand, if you are looking for an air purifier capable of cleaning the air in a similar area that is also good value for money but has a different design, choose to get Air Doctor 3500. If you want smart features, go for AD3500i.
I compared AirDoctor and BlueAir to other brands as well; see below: