Having hard water running at your house can become a costly problem for you. The dissolved minerals in the groundwater that flows through your home’s pipe combine with the heat, forming buildup and scale inside the pipe, harming your fixtures, appliances, and pipes. Rainwater is pure, without any minerals or even soft water. The rainwater then gathers minerals such as magnesium and calcium when it runs through the ground. Hard water is defined as water that has accumulated many minerals. Hard water isn’t bad for your body. However, it isn’t suitable for your house.
This is where water softener comes in. It treats hard water by eliminating the minerals that cause it using an ion-exchange method. The resin present within the system traps mineral ions that harm your home and cause water hardness and exchanges them for potassium and sodium ions.
From scale development, mineral deposits, and chalky films to dry hair and skin after showering, there are many common problems that water softener devices can prevent. The elimination of heavy minerals like magnesium, iron, and calcium from the water going into your point-of-use sites, RV, and your house, as well as improved drinking water and reduced water hardness, are all advantages of a water softener.
The most significant water softener’s function is either neutralizing the minerals present in the water or using an ion-exchange mechanism to remove heavy minerals from the water. In this way, the minerals won’t remain soluble and bind together in the water. We have made a list of the best water softeners you can choose from.
Best Dual Tank Water Softeners
Fleck 9100SXT Dual Tank Water Softener
The Fleck 9100SXT is an efficient water softener device with some unique features that make this device desirable compared to other water softeners.
- This water softener is known for its excellent performance, which helps you save water and salt up to 40%. This popular dual tank water softener’s twin tanks allow it to utilize each tank’s maximum capacity before renewal, causing the users to enjoy a two-in-one experience.
- The Fleck 9100SXT Dual Tank Water Softener comes with a straightforward design that is not difficult to install and use. The device does not require any reprogramming and resetting.
- The Fleck 9100SXT system comes with an internal capacitor which comes in handy in case of a power outage. This internal capacitor makes the device run for 48 hours. In addition, it has a non-volatile memory standard that helps the user pre-set the functions that the device does not forget.
- This water softener is available in seven capacities, ranging from 24 thousand to up to 96 thousand grains, and costs between $1,000 to $2,000 to purchase. You can also choose from 3/4′′ and 1′′ bypasses. A Quick Pro connect kit can be purchased for an additional fee to make installation easier.
- When you buy the Fleck 9100SXT, you’ll get a lot of help from the company. The company provides all the guidelines and instructions for installation and a support center and troubleshooting videos.
- It comes with an internal capacitor.
- This water softener has an internal capacitor.
- It has 7 capacity options which you can choose from.
- The Fleck 9100SXT is easy to install.
- It needs a Quick Pro connect kit which would cost you extra.
This popular dual tank water softener’s twin tanks allow it to utilize each tank’s maximum capacity before renewal, causing the users to enjoy a two-in-one experience. It comes with a straightforward design that is not difficult to install and use. This internal capacitor makes the device run for 48 hours.
Crystal Quest Commercial Water Softener System
If you search for an efficient and affordable water softener system, then Crystal Quest Commercial Water Softener is one of the best options available in the market.
- This water softener system has timer control valves that reduce water consumption and adjustable backwash cycles.
- Crystal Quest Commercial Water Softener provides efficient performance with its heavy-duty and durable composite fiberglass tanks, which keep this system running for years.
- The self-adjusting backwash controller in this water softener system allows maintenance-free operation of the system.
- Crystal Quest Commercial Water Softener wastes less salt and water, providing efficient performance.
- A metered backwash, skid mounting for tanks, backwash bypass, and metered control valve are among Crystal Quest’s potential add-ons.
- The Crystal Quest comes in various sizes, based on the scale of your family and how much water you use daily. If you want to know more about this water softener system, such as the installation, maintenance, and warranty, you must contact the manufacturer.
- This water softener does not waste water and salt.
- You can choose from various system sizes.
- The Crystal Quest Commercial Water Softener comes with timer control valves.
- The information available on the website of the company is very limited.
- The site does not have much customer feedback.
Crystal Quest Commercial Water Softener provides efficient performance with its heavy-duty and durable composite fiberglass tanks, which keep this system running for years. This water softener system has timer control valves that reduce water consumption and adjustable backwash cycles. In addition, the self-adjusting backwash controller in this water softener system allows maintenance-free operation of the system.
Fleck 9500 SXT Commercial Water Softener
If you live in a large home and your area has hard water, then it’s high time you get a commercial water softener system that can meet all of your water requirements. Every minor to moderate-sized company, such as restaurants and coffee shops, requires a more robust water softener than regular versions.
- The Fleck 9500 SXT is a popular water softener device used commercially. This water softener is not big enough for resorts or other enterprises with lots of showers. Still, it’s plenty for small office buildings, restaurants, and other companies with many bathrooms and kitchens.
- The Fleck 9500 SXT may lessen maintenance difficulties and general equipment over time by reducing the quantity of iron that enters your other devices.
- The Fleck 9500 Commercial water softener provides excellent performance with the SXT control. It provides a continuous flow rate which provides almost 38 gallons of water each minute.
- You can customize the tank diameter of this water softener ranging from 14 to 24 inches. The overall space required varies; however, because tank sizes vary from 16″ x 65″ up to 24″ x 72″, the overall space necessary is 73″ x 39″ x 88″, which makes the tank present in this system less suitable for household use. Still, it is a worthy purchase if you require a greater capacity.
- A 5-year warranty covers the valves and tank on Fleck’s business water softener systems. This water softener system is simple to use and has specific features, allowing customers to make changes without calling in a professional.
- The Fleck 9500 has an entirely adjustable 5-cycle control that regulates brine refill, backwash, slow rinse, brining, as well as other softener functions. It helps you save water and salt by filling each tank to the maximum, lowering maintenance costs.
- This water softener utilizes soft water throughout regeneration, which helps to maintain the overall system pure and clean from any dangerous scale accumulation.
- It comes with a peak flow rate of almost 66 GPM.
- The Fleck 9500 SXT contains customizable 5-cycle control.
- It comes with a 5-year guarantee.
- It is costly as compared to other water softeners.
- The Fleck 9500 SXT water softener cannot be used for large companies, restaurants, or resorts.
The Fleck 9500 Commercial water softener provides excellent performance with the SXT control. It provides a continuous flow rate which provides almost 38 gallons of water each minute. A 5-year warranty covers the valves and tank on Fleck’s business water softener systems. This water softener system is simple to use and has specific features, allowing customers to make changes without calling in a professional. The Fleck 9500 SXT is a popular water softener device used commercially.
Fleck 2900S 2 Inch Commercial Single Metered Softener | UP TO 140GPM
If you are looking for a water softener for your office, restaurant, or any other business, then Pentair Fleck commercial water softener is the ideal choice for you.
- The fleck 2900S was softener has a maximum capacity of up to 600,000 grains.
- This water softener uses an NXT2 programmable controller which links different commercial valves by using onboard communication capacity for several different types of systems.
- It comes with an aircheck safety brine valve.
- The company provides a 1-year warranty on resins and parts as well as 5 years warranty on tanks, electronics, and valves.
- This water softener system is highly durable and easily survives under harsh chemicals.
- It is easy to install.
- It is easy to maintain.
- It is durable.
- This water softener has less grain capacity as compared to other systems.
FilterSmart Premium Filter-Salt Free Softener Alternative Combo PRO Series- FS1500PRO- Catalytic
If your house has hard water and you want to get rid of it, then this system is one of the best options in the market out of all.
- This water filter comes with a 12 GPM flow rate and has a capacity of 1,000000 gallons of water. It comes with two tanks. Tank 1 has 1000,000 gallons or almost five years, while on the other hand, tank 2 comes with a lifetime guarantee.
- The filter media of this water softener is made from granular activated carbon with high activity and high purity. Its carbon filter removes synthetic organic compounds, volatile organic compounds, chloramine, chlorine, industrial solvents, herbicides, pesticides, and THMs.
- This water softener uses a media with atomic-level templates, which diminishes the capacity of molecules of water to stop bicarbonate ions, magnesium, and calcium from coming together to create magnesium and calcium scale crystals for salt-free softening by acting as a catalyst.
- This procedure produces minute scale crystals (seed crystals), which increase in the treated wastewater rather than on the water system’s surface contact and are transferred down, leaving you with scale-free water.
- A 90-day guarantee with a full refund and a lifetime warranty on accessories is also included, along with this system’s incredible features.
- It uses media atomic level templates.
- This water softener system comes with 90 days guarantee and a full refund.
- It is easy to install and maintain.
- This water softener system can be a little expensive compared to the other options.
Nevertheless, this Filtersmart model is a fantastic choice to make if you’re searching for the perfect whole home filter system that also treats hard water. This water filter comes with a 12 GPM flow rate and has a capacity of 1,000000 gallons of water. It comes with two tanks. Tank 1 has 1000,000 gallons or almost 5 years, while on the other hand, tank 2 comes with a lifetime guarantee. This procedure produces minute scale crystals (seed crystals), which increase in the treated wastewater rather than on the water system’s surface contact and are transferred down, leaving you with scale-free water.
Dual Tank Water Softeners Buying Guide
What is a Dual Tank Whole House Water Softener?
Dual tank water softeners come with two cylinders that soften the water of your house, office, or restaurant separately. Tank 2 takes over when the first tank is being refilled. Since one tank replaces the other, these water softeners don’t pause during the cleaning process, which is why they provide softened water 24/7. It is helpful to continue operating throughout the day without any break, even after intense operations.
How Does a Dual Tank Water Softener Work?
After softening a specific amount of water, all water softeners must renew. They contain a resin bed within their tank that requires sodium replenishment after chilling a particular quantity of water.
Since the entire system closes down to clean itself, a single tank softener can’t deliver soft water on regeneration. While a twin tank softener comes with two tanks, if one of the tanks regenerates, another takes over.
Because of this, twin tank softeners can soften your water7 days a week and 24 hours a day, making them work more efficiently.
Do I Need a Dual Tank Water Softener?
Many people are possibly looking for the idea of twin tank water softeners for their homes because they want to get rid of the hard water.
However, if you’re still undecided, let us clarify why you should get one now.
Anybody looking for high-end results should consider a dual-tank water softener. In other words, if you don’t want any hardness or any pollutants in the water, then the water softener is the best option for you out there.
If you’re not interested in drinking water that looks, tastes, and smells strange, then you must go for it.
Aside from that, these softeners are notable for their ability to function at all periods, no matter how difficult the situation is. You won’t even have to wait till the tank regenerates because the other tank would be at work during that time.
One tank can regenerate in a dual tank water softener while the other completes the task, which is impressive.
Dual Tank Water Softeners Advantages and Disadvantages
- These water softeners can work 24 hours a day without any break because if one tank is regenerating, the other one works in its place.
- In most cases, dual tank devices are also more productive. They regenerate when necessary, depending on water use and capacity, with the least amount of salt and energy possible. The water quality of dual tank water softeners is more consistent.
- The majority of single tank systems are set to renew at nighttime when they use less water. This results in improper salt and energy usage and water quality problems. On the other hand, dual tank water softener regeneration is more efficient and uses less energy and salt.
- The initial cost of a dual tank water softener is much higher than that of a single tank water softener.
- Since it comes with two tanks, a dual water softener needs more space.
- A dual tank water softener is not ideal for smaller places that do not require much water.
What To Consider Before Purchase a Twin Tank Water Softener
Before buying a twin tank water softener, you must consider some things:
- Flow Rate
This is the amount of water that the water softener device can produce every minute. This is how many gallons per minute there are in a minute. A water softener with a water flow rate of 7.4GPM to 22 GPM would be enough for smaller houses. The most crucial tip for restaurant owners and people who run small to medium-sized businesses is investing in a softener capable of delivering at least 22 GPM.
- Capacity Needed
Before buying a water softener, look at the water hardness capacity it can handle. The more capacity it can handle, the better it is.
- Regeneration Technology
Most current water softeners contain metered regeneration, which is efficient since everyone desires metered regeneration. The method uses a mechanical water meter or an electronic sensor to evaluate your water usage. This enables the softener only to initiate a regeneration cycle when it is essential, such as when the resin is nearly exhausted or after a specified quantity of water has been consumed.
You must consider your budget before buying a water softener and decide according to your budget. But, don’t worry; there are many budget-friendly options available in the market.
Before buying your water softener, don’t forget to look at its maintenance. It would be best to investigate things you may need to do daily to guarantee that your dual tank water softener is functional.
Make sure that you buy a water softener certified by NSF or WQA. This would give you a 100% guarantee.
How To Install a Dual Tank Water Softener?
- Once you have decided where to install your dual tank water softener, you must shut off your water supply to plumb in the system.
- Once you are done with the plumbing, you have to install the tanks. Before installing the tanks, make sure you check their height and diameter because they should be the same.
- After that, connect the joints close to the drain line, leaving at least 6 inches between these joints.
- Ensure that the space beneath the brine tank is straight and tidy before placing it.
- After that, fill the tank until it reaches a height of about an inch just above the grid plate.
- Connect the meter cord to the meter after connecting the valve to a power source.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are 2 tank water softeners better?
Yes, a two-tank water softener is always better than 1 tank water softener because it works 24/7 without any break. In addition, these water softeners are more efficient.
What is the highest-rated water softener?
Fleck 9100SXT Dual Tank Water Softener is the highest-rated water softener out there with its advanced features. It comes with a straightforward design that is not difficult to install and use. This internal capacitor makes the device run for 48 hours.
Can you hook two water softeners together?
Yes, you can hook to water softeners together; however, to achieve the desired result, the water softener system would need to be interconnected, and the water routed away from the one that is regenerating and toward the one that is in service, essentially simulating the operation of a dual-tank softer.
If you are looking for clean, pure, and drinkable water for your home or office, you must get a water softener system. However, before buying a water softener, don’t forget to go through the list we have made above to make a better choice.