Since the discovery of stone enclosures and shelters, mankind has been enjoying a constant heat source in winters today known as a fireplace. A few years back, having a fireplace was just about warmth; however, it is much more than that. Fireplaces are still loved and enjoyed by today’s people; however, the only difference is they now desire more than simply warmth. They want a fireplace that comes with a lot more options. As a result, more homeowners are finding the advantages of having a multi-sided fireplace installed in their house. Traditional fireplaces were constructed against a wall that separated the inner and exterior spaces. Nowadays, remarkable fireplace designs allow these appliances to be mounted on a wall between two rooms, serving a dual purpose of elegance and warmth.
A multi-sided fireplace will be able to spread heat in more than one room. These fireplaces not just keep the place warm but create a pleasant sitting space for you, increase the value of your property, and more. With so many available options, it might be challenging to choose the proper fireplace for your home. How do you decide which is best suited for you when there are so many options? That’s where we can help you out; our guide on fireplaces will walk you through a list of the best fireplaces and assist you in finding the ideal fireplace for your home. Moreover, we will also guide you about the ways of maintaining and taking care of the fireplace.
7 Best See-Thru and Multi-side Heaters
1. Superior DRL4543 Direct Vent See Through Linear Gas Fireplace
If you want a dramatic appearance for your home, then you must check the Superior DRL4543 Direct-Vent fireplace. It is a versatile linear design that will be the right thing for your artistically planned room. Let’s look at some of the features of this fireplace:
- The Superior DRL4543 Direct Vent See Through Linear Gas Fireplace can be converted to an indoor or an outdoor version.
- The 43-inch see-thru model provides a premium fire experience.
- The bright dancing flames of the Superior DRL4543 fireplace provide 35,000 BTUs. The best thing is that you can view these flames from two different sides of your house.
- It comes with a customized heat control with seven different settings. You can adjust the heat setting with the help of the remote control that comes with the fireplace.
- Don’t worry if you run out of electricity, as the electronic ignition of the Superior DRL4543 Direct Vent fireplace comes with a backup battery to keep you warm even during a power outage.
- To provide a maximum flame contrast, this fireplace has an interior of black porcelain.
- It provides seven flame settings.
- This fireplace comes with a backup battery.
- It is ANSI certified.
- It comes in three colors: block, aged silver, and aged copper.
- The only con of this fireplace is that it cannot be used as a primary heater at any part of your home.
2. Empire Boulevard Ventless See-Through Gas Fireplace – 60″
If you are looking for a great, clean-burning fireplace, then the Empire Boulevard Ventless See-Through Gas Fireplace is a good option for you. This one-of-a-kind clean-burning gas fireplace has been designed to be put between two rooms to provide them both with functionality and aesthetics. The fireplace comes with some amazing features such as:
- This see-thru fireplace comes with propane or natural gas. Even though the Empire Boulevard Ventless See-Through Gas Fireplace is gas-powered, it includes a thermostat variable remote control that makes controlling the heat and the gorgeous flame display much easier.
- The Intermittent Pilot technology on this gas fireplace saves money and energy by eliminating the need for a standing pilot. Additionally, if you face a power outage, there is no need to worry as your fireplace comes with a battery backup mode.
- The best feature of Empire Boulevard Ventless See-Through Gas Fireplace is that you can customize this fireplace according to your preferences with its decorative media and optional liners. So give the fireplace your personal touch.
- It comes with six flame settings and a multifunction thermostatic remote through which you can adjust the height of the flame.
- The programmable room thermostat allows you to get the optimal comfort level.
- It has a thermostat variable remote control.
- It is certified by CSA.
- The fireplace comes with a five-year warranty.
- The fireplace does not come with a reflected background.
3. Montigo Divine H38FSD See Through Direct Vent Gas Fireplace
If you want to give your home a classic touch, then this fireplace is best suited for you. The Montigo Divine H38FSD See Through Direct Vent Gas Fireplace is designed for indoor use, and it can be a perfect addition to your home.
- This fireplace comes with a large see-thru glass opening and a classic square viewing area, which gives a magnificent double-sided view of the flames.
- The firebox frame of Montigo Divine H38FSD See Through Direct Vent Gas Fireplace is pretty slim; because of that, you can easily install your tile or rock over it.
- The fireplace has other cool features such as door screens, fiber gas logs, tempered glass, and a traditional burner with 34,000 BTUs.
- The Montigo Divine H38FSD See Through Direct Vent Gas Fireplace maximizes the heat output with the help of an optional built-in fan.
- It has a handheld remote that will allow you to control and adjust the fire from anywhere in the room.
- It has tempered glass.
- The Montigo Divine H38FSD See Through Direct Vent Gas Fireplace comes with an optional linear burner conversion kit.
- It has a 34,000 BTU traditional burner.
- It is only designed for indoors.
- The fireplace does not come with a backup battery.
4. Superior VRL4543 Ventless Linear Gas Fireplace – 43″
The Superior VRL4543 Ventless Linear Gas Fireplace comes with amazing versatility and a stunning clean face design to compliment your stunning home. Some of the fantastic features make this fireplace a perfect fit for your home.
- The Superior VRL4543 Ventless Linear Gas has a linear design and comes with a 43-inch viewing area with a black reflective porcelain liner which gives your home an elegant look.
- The fireplace comes with a customized heat control with six different settings. You can adjust the heat setting with the help of the remote control that comes with the fireplace and set the flames according to your comfort level.
- It has a 39,000 BTU, which is ideal for keeping your room warm during those cold days of winter.
- With the help of a see-thru conversion kit, you can give the fireplace whatever view you want. In addition, you can customize it yourself according to your preference.
- It has an optional draft shield, which makes sure that the fireplace keeps a steady flame and doesn’t pull any cold air.
- The fireplace comes with a battery backup to keep you warm during a power outage.
- It comes in three colors, black, aged silver, and aged copper,
- If you are using natural gas as a fuel source, the fireplace’s flames will appear blue.
- It has an optional draft shield.
- The Superior VRL4543 Ventless Linear Gas Fireplace is available in propane and natural gas configurations.
- The Superior VRL4543 Ventless Linear Gas Fireplace doesn’t have a glass panel.
5. Majestic See Through Gas Direct Vent Fireplace – 48″
My readers get a discount at HVACDirect.com – Use code PBG8F5KHI9RJ at checkout.
You can now give your home an aesthetic look with the Majestic See Through Gas Direct Vent Fireplace. With this unique fireplace, you can relax and fulfill your long-lasting dream of reading a book by the fireplace. The Majestic See Through Gas Direct Vent Fireplace comes with some fantastic features such as:
- The 40,000 BTU produced by this fireplace is ideal for keeping your room cozy during the long chilly nights of winter.
- The intelliFire plus ignition system has an RC300 remote, which allows you to control the fireplace. You can adjust the flames according to your preference.
- The fireplace comes with a bronze fire glass which perfectly reflects the beauty of the flames.
- If you desire a more traditional look, you can switch to the option of gas stone and gas log.
- These fireplaces’ 55% efficiency rating allows you to save money while still getting the warmth you need.
- It comes with clear LED lights and a battery backup to keep you warm if you run out of electricity.
- The Majestic See Through Gas Direct Vent Fireplace comes in three beautiful colors.
- It can either use natural gas or propane as a fuel source.
- The fireplace operates at 55% efficiency.
- The only con of this fireplace is that it is a little costly compared to other options available.
6. Napoleon Ascent Multi-view Gas Direct Vent Fireplace
My readers get a discount at HVACDirect.com – Use code PBG8F5KHI9RJ at checkout.
You can now enjoy the magnificent view of the fire from multiple places at one time. The Napoleon Ascent Multi-View Gas Direct Vent Fireplace can be used as a three-sided peninsula or a two-sided see-thru gas fireplace.
- It offers 30,000 BTUs, which is perfect for keeping you comfortable on a chilly night.
- The Napoleon Ascent Multi-View Gas Direct Vent Fireplace has a backup battery, multiple firebox configurations, and a 2,023 sq. inch viewing area.
- The fireplace has an excellent optional media enhancement kit, including mineral rocks, glass embers, and glass beads. You can easily decorate the fireplace the way you want. Feel free to give it your touch!
- Remote control is available to adjust and control the flames of the fireplace.
- It comes with a gas-saving electronic ignition.
- The Napoleon Ascent Multi-View Gas Direct Vent Fireplace has a unique safety barrier that prevents direct contact with the fire. If you have a child at home, the safety barrier is a must for you.
- The porcelain reflective radiant panels give a cozy look to your home.
- It has the president’s limited lifetime warranty.
- The Napoleon Ascent Multi-View Gas Direct Vent Fireplace includes a safety screen.
- The fireplace is certified by ANSI and CSA.
- The fireplace is only available in natural gas. So you have to get an additional propane kit.
7. Empire Premium Tahoe Peninsula Direct Vent Fireplace – 36″
If you want to experience the luxury of a cozy and relaxed room, then you must buy the Empire Premium Tahoe Peninsula Direct Vent Fireplace. The fireplace comes with unique features such as:
- The Tahoe direct-vent system requires a location that allows venting through the roof or via an exterior wall, as it sucks in outdoor air to sustain combustion and discharges its exhaust directly outdoors.
- It produces an output of 35,000 BTU which is good to keep your room heated. The fireplace can be installed using a 4″ x 6 5/8″ direct-vent pipe.
- The Empire Premium Tahoe Peninsula Direct Vent Fireplace includes a 24-inch rock creek log sheet, a large tempered glass viewing window, a 24-inch built-in Slope Glaze vista burner, dimmer controlled lighting, branded brick liner, glowing embers, and ceramic fiber floor liner.
- The Empire Premium Tahoe Peninsula Direct Vent Fireplace comes with a safety barrier that prevents contact with the fire. It is especially very important for the kids; the safety barrier ensures the protection of your family.
- The remote control and different wall switches allow complete control over the fireplace. You can adjust the flames according to your comfort level.
- The fireplace comes with an optional decorative front of nickel or bronze.
- The Empire Premium Tahoe Peninsula Direct Vent Fireplace comes with intermittent and millivolt pilot ignitors.
- The fireplace can either use natural gas or propane as a fuel source.
- It has a manually variable valve.
- The Empire Premium Tahoe Peninsula Direct Vent fireplace does not come with a reflected background.
See-Through Fireplace Buying Guide
What is a See-Through Fireplace?
A see-thru fireplace is a bit different from traditional fireplaces. Though both see-thru and traditional fireplace serves the same purpose, you can view the see-through fireplace from more than one place of your home. For example, a two-sided see-thru fireplace can be viewed from front and back. A peninsula is a see-through fireplace with three viewing sides, one in front, back, and a third on left or right. At the same time, multi-sided fireplaces are built-in models between two rooms or living spaces in homes.
The best thing about a see-thru fireplace is that it can also be installed on an outside wall. In this way, you will have a magnificent view from both within and outside of your house. See-through fireplaces come in both vented and vent-free options; you can choose according to your preference. The modern see-thru fireplaces give you a lot of options. You are not just kept limited to gas fuel. Although many people prefer natural gas and propane models, some see-through fireplaces even work with ethanol and burning wood. However, the most popular and straightforward option is to get an electric see-through fireplace.
You can install the see-through fireplaces in your bedroom, mobile home, and even in your bathroom. So if you want to give your home a modern touch, these fireplaces are perfect for you.
What You Should Know Before You Buy
Before you plan on buying a see-through fire space, make sure you take care of certain things. These things are essential and will ensure that you face no difficulty with the new see-thru fireplace you have bought.
Take necessary precautions for asthmatic patients.
If you are buying a vent-free see-through fireplace, make sure that you take all the necessary precautions for the asthmatic patient in your home. People having bronchitis or asthma might feel any difficulty. The vent-free fireplaces come with elevation restrictions to protect the air quality and oxygen supply. These gas fireplaces burn so effectively that the smallest amount of waste is vented straight into the room, and the flames are fed by room air.
There are some elevation restrictions that you should take care of. These restrictions apply to elevations greater than 4,500 feet above sea level. The conditions normally apply to places that are less than 50 cubic feet in size. You can calculate the BTU limit for your vent-free fireplace. Just multiply the area of your room by 20; you’ll get the BTU. For instance, if your room’s area is 50 cubic feet, you should get a vent-free fire space for not more than 1000 BTUs.
Check the state’s guidelines.
Before buying a vent-free gas fireplace, make sure that if they are allowed by your local authority or state government.
Get your place adequately inspected.
If you want to install a fireplace, you must first hire a plumber to get your room where you plan to install it properly inspected. Then, hire a plumber to evaluate the ideal site if you want to install a new gas fireplace (either vented or vent-free). If a new gas line is needed, it’s a good idea to get a price for the cost of the new line before buying the new gas fireplace.
Types of See-Through Peninsula Fireplaces
See-Through Peninsula Fireplaces are distributed in two categories: vent systems and different fuels. Other see-through fireplaces work with varying energy options such as gas, wood, ethanol, propane, and electricity.
At the same time, the venting systems are available in direct vent, B-vent, and vent-free models. So you can choose the type of fireplace that suits you best.
These types of fireplaces use vertical vent pipes. As a result, the quantity of flame is excellent. The B-vent type see-through fireplaces are easy to install; however, the only drawback is that they are not efficient in heating compared to direct vent models.
When it comes to versatility, heating efficiency, and popularity, these see-through fireplaces are excellent options. Their efficient design provides a significant amount of heat to keep you warm in cold weather. The Direct-vent units can be routed both vertically and horizontally. You can get these units in different models and style ranges according to your room.
The only problem with these units is that they are expensive compared to other teams.
Vent-Free Gas Models
These are the most accessible models to install. That is why you can install them as you want. The vent-free gas models offer fuel options, including ethanol, natural gas, propane, or electricity. These units burn the fuel so efficiently that it can be safely vented into the room; that is why they provide heat without a vent. This also provides some moisture to the air, which helps to mitigate the impact of dry heat.
These are the most versatile of all the available models. Electric models only require electricity. Therefore, you can install them quickly, but make sure to keep them safe from water. However, some unique outdoor models are waterproof. The electric models come with exciting features, including different heat settings, color, lighting, and flame height. These models also offer artificial flames that appear beautiful for the eyes.
Vent-Free Ethanol Models
These models come in two types: free-standing and wall-mounted. That is why the Vent-Free Ethanol Models are straightforward to install. They burn cleanly without producing any smoke particles or smell. However, the BTU output of these models is low. That is why they are not very heat efficient. They take more time to warm up a room as compared to other models.
Wood Burning Models
These traditional wood-burning fireplaces provide the best flames; however, they have fewer multi-sided options. As a result, they are ideal for homes that use chimneys. You can put these models both inside and outside the area of your home.
Care and Maintenance
Care and maintenance of see-through fireplaces depend on the type of fuel you use for them.
To keep your vent-free unit clean out of the dust, you must dust the fan and surface. Keep checking the outlet and cable to ensure that everything is working safely on your electric vent-free model.
Along with keeping the vented gas units dust-free, don’t forget to look at the vent system and fuel now and then. You can also take help from a professional once a year. Other than that, make sure to examine the termination of the vent pipe to see if it has not been bent or clogged.
When it comes to upkeep, these types of fireplaces require the most extraordinary effort. To begin, check to see if your chimney is correctly drafted. To prevent dirt and water from going down and harming your fireplace, you’ll also need a chimney cap or equivalent protection. To prevent the fireplace from producing toxic odors or generating build-up, only use the authorized fuel.
After each usage, make sure to remove the ash and frequently inspect the chimney for build-up. Before winter, it’s best to hire a professional to inspect the chimney and fireplace.
Do see-through fireplaces work?
Whether you want to create a romantic mood in your dining room or want to have extra heat in your living room, see-through fireplaces are ideal for both. You can enjoy your see-through fireplace from both inside and out. In addition, adding a see-through fireplace in your home can improve the value of your home a lot. With a fireplace, you’re not only enhancing the value of your property, but you’re also giving it a focal point that will set it apart from the rest. Besides providing heat and worth, they are also the central focus of your house and provide the ideal setting for gathering with friends and family.
Can you have a see-through wood-burning fireplace?
See-through fireplaces are primarily utilized as a sophisticated and stylish divider between two rooms or an elegant way to use the space in one large room. The see-through fireplaces are not built into the outside wall of your home. Instead, it can be manufactured as an indoor or outdoor fireplace. You can choose from the variety of available options and then get it installed. However, make sure that you first check all the necessary things so that you don’t face any problems in the future.
Is a double-sided fireplace more expensive?
Many people believe that the see-through double-sided fireplaces are expensive as compared to the traditional fireplaces. However, it’s not. When you examine the entire cost and features by comparing both, you will conclude that double-sided see-through fireplaces are worth it. Not only do these fireplaces keep you warm during winter, but they also provide an elegant look to your home. Not to mention they come with remote control, through which you can adjust the flame according to your preference.
Moreover, it is much cheaper to install a single double-sided fireplace instead of installing two normal ones. Even the maintenance cost would be high for two units.
Now that you have read all the essential aspects of see-through &multisided fireplace and have gone through a detailed list, it must be easy for you to make your decision.