According to the American Psychological Association (APA), 60% of individuals have sleep difficulties at least once a week.
The air quality in your environment is a common source of sleep difficulties. Yes, the air in your home isn’t as clean as you believe. Besides, indoor air quality can be up to five times worse than outside air quality. Five times!
Finding the finest air purifiers for bedrooms in 2021 must then be the solution.
Finding the finest air purifiers for the bedroom is difficult; they must be compact and silent. However, air purifiers are available in a wide range of sizes and types, which will completely captivate you.
What do you want the ideal air freshener for your room to do for you?
- Is an air purifier’s working deafening? Silence is required for sleeping.
- This air purifier’s dimensions. An air purifier for the bedroom should be light in weight and small in size.
- Additional functions, such as Night Light or Pink Noise, might help you sleep better in your bedroom.
Still undecided? Check out our list of 8 Best Air Purifiers for Bedroom In 2021.
Best Air Purifiers For Bedroom Reviews
1. Best Overall Bedroom Air Purifier: Alen BreatheSmart 45i Air Purifier
If one device were to be named ‘The Best Alen BreatheSmart Air Purifier’ for everyone, it would undoubtedly be the new SmarteBreathe 45i model. The 45i model is also regarded to be the most pleasing overall air purifier for bedrooms.
In one swoop, Alen has improved both the FLEX and FIT 50 by producing the 45i model. They took the excellent features (silent operation, high CADR, low power consumption) and utilized them when developing the 45i model.
All in all, it’s not hard to realize that everyone wants Alen BreatheSmart 45i in 2021. The updated line, incredibly silent, can suit pretty much any area below 800 sq ft, and you can purchase many of them.
It is also one of the top-rated air purifiers in general.
- Alen BreatheSmart device with the highest overall rating.
- BreatheSmart air purifier is very quiet (23-49 dB).
- Has a strong CADR rating of 245
- It is reasonably priced; most individuals purchase 2-3 units for their bedroom, children’s room, and living room.
- The total maximum airflow generated is 215 CFM; nevertheless, this is of little significance.
2. Best Value Air Purifier: Medify MA-25 Air Purifier
The Medify MA-25 Air Purifier will provide clean, fresh air quality to your home or workplace, allowing you to start breathing the cleanest air possible. To capture and eliminate allergies, pet dander, and other contaminants, this petite air purifier utilizes a dual filter on both sides with three stages of filtration.
The device cleans the air in a space up to 1,000 square feet in one hour, 500 square feet in thirty minutes, and 250 square feet in fifteen minutes, making it ideal for your workplace or bedroom. You can be confident that this filtration system has you covered with three fan settings, an 0-8 hour timer, dark mode, and a child lock. The pre-filter of this mobile air purifier is the first line of defense, removing hair, fibers, and big particles such as dander.
The high-efficiency HEPA H13 filter traps pollen, dust mites, and other microscopic airborne particles as small as 0.1 microns. The carbon filter is the last layer, and it eliminates harmful smells, smoking, and formaldehyde from your home’s air.
- Capable of capturing 99.9% of 0.1-micron particles.
- Front air exit and dual air intake on both sides.
- It’s small and light.
- White, black, and silver are the three-color options.
- Has a beveled edge and a stylish design.
- The control panel is made of tempered glass.
- Energy Star labeled.
- A lifetime guarantee is included.
- The expense of replacing the filter is more significant.
- There is no AHAM verification.
3. Best Quiet Air Purifier for Bedroom: Levoit Vista 200 Air Purifier
The Levoit Vista 200 is a compact air purifier designed for use in bedrooms at night.
It is made of a single-cylinder that draws in air from all sides, providing 360-degree ventilation. This allows for more efficacy.
- Fan Speed Button and Indicator: You may adjust the pace at which the air is cleaned by pushing this button. The speed indicator lets you know how fast the air purifier is working.
- Sleep Mode Indicator and Button: You will notice a green light on the button when sleep mode is on. To turn it off, push the button again.
- Timer Button and Indicators: By pressing this button, you program the air purifier to run for a specified amount of time. That is 2 hrs,4hrs, or 8hrs if you like. When the air purifier’s set time runs out, it automatically shuts off. It is easy to tell which timer setting is currently in use, thanks to this indication.
- On/Off Button: The air purifier may be turned on or off by pressing a simple button in the center of the touch panel.
- Night Light Button: To help you relax and sleep better, you may switch on the ambient light by pressing this button. To turn it off, press it one more.
- Check Filter Indicator: When the filters need to be replaced, this indicator will go on.
- Display Off Button: If you are sensitive to light, you can push this button to turn off the touch panel’s LEDs.
- Sleep Mode and Night Light: The air purifier works at the lowest speed and produces only 43.5 dBA.
- It’s a small and light air purifier.
- The cord is long enough to allow you to relocate the product away from the outlet.
- Design that is both cool and elegant.
- The warranty period of one year (2 if you register the purifier)
- The touch screen is responsive and works well.
- If needed, the product’s lights can be turned off.
- The timer is very functional.
- It has the texture of a fragile, plastic-like substance.
4. Best Under $50 Air Purifier for Bedroom: Levoit LV-H128 Air Purifier
Levoit LV-H128 is a small air purifier featuring an H13 HEPA filter and a carbon filter. it is compact and portable
- Including dual H13 True HEPA filters, the LV-H128 True HEPA Air Freshener has a 3-stage filtering mechanism. As a result, it will provide you with more unique encounters than standard experiences.
- Clean Air: The Levoit H13 True HEPA filter catches 99.97 percent of 0.3-micron airborne pollutants.
- Ideal for Bedroom. It works for just 30 mins for one to breathe fresh in the small room (Coverage area 161 sq ft²/15 m²)
- Aromatherapy: Fill the fragrance pad under the cover with 2-3 drops of your chosen essential oils (not included). Following that, the air purifier distributes clean air and pleasant aromas evenly around the space.
- Size. Cigarette smoke, fine dust, pet dander, pollen, culinary aromas, and unpleasant home odors all fall under this category.
- Whisper Quiet: With noise levels as low as 28dB and Light auto-off, the LV-H128 can silently clean your air all night long without disrupting your sleep.
- One-Button Control: One-switch design offers comprehensive but straightforward control over your room True HEPA Air Purifier
- 3-stage filtration
- Activated Carbon Filter
- Whisper-quiet operation
- H13 True HEPA filter
- Aromatherapy support (Citrus, Honeydew Melon, Musk, Vanilla, Orris or Vetiver)
- Polyester Pre-Filter
- 2 fan speeds (low, high) with auto light off sleep mode
- Two years warranty
- The light might be harsh for individuals who like to sleep with the fan on high (fixed by covering the air purifier).
5. Pure Enrichment PureZone Air Purifier
The Pure Enrichment Purezone air cleaner comes with a 3-in-1 Filtering System. Particles are as tiny as 0.3 microns are trapped and destroyed 99.97 percent of the time using PureZone. The superior 3-stage filter securely cleans and sanitizes the air, retaining dust and pollen and reducing allergies, as well as inactivating and converting viruses, bacteria, germs, and fungus.
The air purifier is suitable for every room. With a clean air delivery rate (CADR) of 80 CFM, PureZone filters air efficiently in homes or workplaces up to 200 sq ft. This makes the PureZone 3-in-1 Air Purifier perfect for use in living rooms, bedrooms, nurseries, and workplaces, as well as other locations where clean, germ-free air is required at all hours of the day and night.
Pure Enrichment PureZone air purifier comes with Innovative technology. A filter reset indication is included in PureZone to help you know when it’s time to change the filter. An activated carbon pre-filter and a genuine HEPA filter are included in the pre-installed filter, which may last up to 6 months. With predetermined run times, the optional timer aids in maintaining the filters’ lifespan. Using a genuine Pure Enrichment filter every six months will guarantee that your equipment is in good working order and will last longer.
Besides, it’s portable design. The innovative and contemporary air purifier is lightweight, weighing little under 8 pounds. The handy built-in handle makes moving between rooms a breeze. PureZone works effectively in the living room, bedroom, nursery, basement, workplaces, hotels, dorm rooms, and other settings.
- The air purifier is beautiful. It would blend in well with any house décor and not draw attention to itself, which is a good thing.
- Setup and operation are effortless.
- You’ll have easy access to the filters.
- The device makes some noise on the maximum blower setting, but it’s not overbearing.
- You may reduce the pace and activate the sleep mode.
- The UV filter light can also be switched on and off as needed.
- The timer button may be set for 2, 4, or 8 hours to enable the auto shut down function.
- The replacement air filter can be hard to get.
6. Renpho Air Purifier for Larger Bedrooms
Allergists have consistently advocated RENPHO air purifiers, and with good cause.
This air purifier for big rooms cleans up to 1440 square feet per hour without making a lot of noise. Even at top speed, the technology is twice as silent as its main rivals. In addition, the RENPHO smart features an H13 HEPA filter, which promises to catch 99 percent of airborne pollutants down to 0.3 microns, much like other high-quality air purifiers. This, along with the device’s Laser Smart Import Sensor, which detects airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns, efficiently purifies your air of dust, smoke, allergies, and odor.
The air purifier is also designed with no cost spared. The various color lights on the Air Quality Indicator always represent the real-time purity of the room’s air in an easy-to-read display, saving you time and money on electricity.
Overall, this is a must-have item, mainly when it’s on sale. At this pricing range, air quality monitoring is unheard of, but you don’t get internet. There is no need to manage it with a phone or an app since it monitors air. Please put it on autopilot and leave it running all the time. Fantastic purchase!
- Air monitoring is automatic.
- Colored light flashes at the top to indicate air quality.
- The controls are simple to use and responsive to touch.
- The touch controls include a child lock.
- It seems to be effective in filtering air and odors.
- No Wifi for controls or reporting on air quality.
7. GermGuardian AC4300 5-in-1 Air Purifier
For allergy sufferers, the 5-in-1 Air Purifier with HEPA Filter is ideal. The Pet PureTM antimicrobial ingredient is applied to the filter to prevent mold, mildew, and odor-causing bacteria from growing on the filter’s surface. In addition, the UV-C light destroys bacteria, and the charcoal filter absorbs smells, making it more than a filter.
It is 22 inches tall and is lightweight, making it suitable for spaces up to 153 square feet. UV-C control and a filter replacement indication are among the simple electrical controls. You can set it using three options, including a low speed that is ultra-quiet. The Elite Collection is a great air cleaning system that combines form and function. In every household setting, the primary, elegant design looks fantastic.
- They are very efficient, removing smoke from the air in a short amount of time.
- Low-speed operation is quiet enough to sleep with.
- UV light aids in the elimination of odors associated with cooking.
- A slight whirring sound is produced at high speeds; nevertheless, this is not a deal-breaker.
- UV Led Light is much too bright, and it is also a Blue Light, which is highly sleep-disrupting, making it unsuitable for usage at night.
8. Airthereal ADH50B Air Purifier
Airthereal’s goal is to keep the family happy and healthy. In addition, Airthereal strives to remain on the cutting edge of air filtration technology to enhance the products and your experience.
The Airthereal ADH50B Bedroom air purifier is intended to deliver clean air in tiny areas while being very silent. Ideal for usage in the bedroom or at the workplace desk.
Airthereal’s True HEPA Filter removes pollutants as tiny as 0.3 microns, allowing you to breathe better. The filter can eliminate particles 500 times smaller than human hair, which has a diameter of approximately 50 microns.
Are you tired of hearing your air purifier hum in the middle of the night? No more! In sleep mode, the maximum working noise is just 22 decibels, which is quieter than a murmur or a small book store.
Because the ADH50B is so light, you can unplug it and relocate it to where you devote the most time. Then, when you can have remarkably air wherever you put up the purifier, there’s no need to spend more for a larger unit to filter your whole house. Instead, move the air purifier to where you are right now to clean the air you breathe the most.
- It’s a fantastic design that’s also extremely attractive.
- Small – This air filter/purifier is perfect for a bedroom.
- Quiet, but very effective
- Excellent value for tiny rooms and looks well on the bedroom headboard.
- This is a fantastic small air filter, particularly for a stuffy teen’s room.
- Great value for such clean air and peace at night.
- It’s not simple to travel with, but it’s necessary today. It’s fantastic.
Bedroom Air Purifier Buying Guide
Not all air purifiers are suitable for use in the bedroom. According to the American Psychological Association (APA), 60% of people have sleep problems at least once a week. Therefore, choosing the appropriate model is essential because it’ll be a long-term investment in your health. You’ll get a good night’s sleep and wake up feeling refreshed. Here are the fundamental terms and features you’ll need to know as you go through the purchase process.
- Noise Output
This is critical since fan noise may be a major sleep disruptor. Select a model that produces white noise with a low frequency.
- The Pricing Factor
Do you wish to have a total cost of ownership of $150-300, with an annual filter cost of less than $100? Then, trying to review more items. Besides, some versions are more expensive, but they provide superior features and performance.
- Reputation building
Because the air cleaner will be working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, dependability is essential. Therefore, a model with an extended warranty duration and after-sales reliable service is preferred.
The typical bedroom size in the United States is between 120 and 150 square feet. Therefore, we recommend investing in an air cleaner covering 200 square feet and providing two air changes each hour.
It’s the most common filter found in all air purifiers. This reusable filter is meant to keep dust, hair, and other big particles out of the air while also extending the life of existing filters.
Air Filter Types
Filters are also essential for keeping bigger particles out of your system, which may cause harm. As a result, you should always use the appropriate filter and replace it when it becomes clogged. The many kinds of filters for home HVAC systems are listed below.
- Filters of Fiberglass
Fiberglass air filters are the cheapest kind of filter and are disposable. When pulling in air, they put less pressure on your HVAC system and keep big particles out. They do not, however, filter out dust and other tiny contaminating particles very well.
- Filters with Pleated Pleasure
Cotton or polyester pleats are used in pleated air filters. They are somewhat more costly than fiberglass filters, but they better filter dust and other tiny particles, such as pollen, mold spores, and pet dander.
- HEPA Filters
High-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters should be used if you or your family suffer from allergies or other respiratory issues. While they are more costly than fiberglass and pleated air purifiers, they are the most efficient in removing dust, pollen, mold, animal dander, viruses, germs, and other irritants from the air.
- Filters that block UV light
Air cleaners, which may be integrated into your HVAC system, utilize UV filters. They are less effective at removing dust and other pollutants, but they are useful if indoor air quality problems that an air cleaner can solve.
What is the Best Bedroom Air Purifier?
The Medify MA-25 is the finest air purifier for a bedroom. It has a high-quality HEPA filter, user features, and a 500-square-foot coverage area, making it perfect for any size bedroom.
The tempered glass panel, 3 fan speeds, 8-hour timer, night mode, and child lock are the most noticeable characteristics of strong air filtration.
The Medify MA-25 is the best offer on a decent bedroom air purifier with excellent efficiency and a reasonable price.
Do air purifiers work in bedrooms?
The simple answer is yes, but an air purifier is unlikely to remove or neutralize all of your home’s irritating particles. This is because numerous particles may settle on both soft and hard surfaces, such as furniture, bedding, and carpets, as well as your walls.
Is it wrong to sleep next to an air purifier?
When it comes to air purifiers, using one while sleeping is similar to using one while awake. If you have dry skin sensitivity, make sure the purifier isn’t blowing straight into your face. Otherwise, an air purifier circulates the same air as a fan while users sleep – but cleaner.
Should I better turn off my air purifier at night?
Keep your bedroom air cleaner on all the time to ensure that you are breathing clean, filtered air. When the air purifier is switched off, hazardous airborne pollutants, including dust, pet dander, mold, pollen, germs, and viruses, slowly return over 2 to 4 hours.
What is the Best Location for a Bedroom Air Purifier?
One should place a bedroom air purifier around 6 to 10 feet from the head of your bed. It would help if you also directed the filtered airflow toward your head. This position will ensure that you get the most out of inhaling filtered air.
Do Air Purifiers Help You Sleep Better?
Ideal purifiers can help users sleep better. They do so by eliminating airborne particles that cause congestion and irritate your lungs at night, such as dust, pollen, allergies, mold spores, smoke, and pet dander. As a result, you can have a comfier sleep and wake feeling restored if you use an air purifier in your bedroom.
Is it OK to Leave an Air Purifier on All Night?
That’s perfect. Besides, you’re recommended to leave an air purifier on all night. The longer an air purifier cycles the air at night, the cleaner the air in the room will become. To enhance their efficiency, air purifiers are intended to work 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Do air purifiers purify the whole room?
As the name indicates, Whole-home air-purifiers assist in purifying the air in whole homes rather than just one or two rooms. These systems cast a broader net, which might help your family avoid respiratory irritants by filtering out indoor air pollution.
In contrast to whole-home air cleaners, room air purifiers clean the air in one or two rooms rather than whole residences. Like whole-home air purifiers, room air purifiers are generally programmable. As a result, they may filter out indoor air pollution, preventing asthma, allergies, and respiratory irritants in your household.
Why does my bedroom get so dusty?
The reason for this is because dust has a higher density in a bedroom than everywhere else. Since the bedroom is smaller than the rest of the house, you have a lot of stuff lying around. Hair, clothing/bedding fiber, dust mites, pet dander, and bacteria are typical contributors to bedroom dust.
Another specific cause is blocked central ventilation or an air conditioner filter. When you work for lengthy periods, a filthy filter will wind up distributing additional dust in the room rather than cleaning it.
We hope you found our advice on selecting the finest air purifier for your generous bedroom.
As you’ve learned, there are various air filters for bedrooms that may help you sleep better by removing undesirable particles.
With that, you’re lucky if you picked one of the finest bedroom air purifiers listed here. Instead, you’d be receiving a high-quality HEPA air purifier that will keep the air around you clean enough to breathe at night.
There are several sizes to select from, including a big, medium, and small air purifier for the bedroom that is silent to use.
So, what’s next? First, choose your ideal bedroom air purifier per your needs.