Those who don’t have much space in their home want something ideal for middle or smaller-sized rooms; then these electric panel heaters will be ideal.
They are great for placing in areas without much space since they don’t take up much area.
You should think about everything you can to ensure you are picking the right one, so go ahead and keep reading our comprehensive guide to help you.
Table of Contents
Top 5 Best Electric Panel Heaters
You should always know what the top models are that you can pick and choose from when it comes to any heating source for your home. Here are 5 of the best ones to check out, such as:
Best Overall: De’Longhi Convection Panel Heater
For those who want only the best, this model would be ideal since it has a sleek and modern design. You can place it in the corner and forget about it unless you need to change the settings, which can be done using the easy to use interface. This one measures 75” x 82” x 55”, and this uses the forced air method to heat the room, which can be done very quickly.
You can either place this on the floor with sturdy feet to keep it upright,, or it can be mounted on the wall if you don’t have the floor space.
- Sleek and modern design
- Easy to use
- Doesn’t have a remote
- Can take a while to heat up a larger room
Verdict: If you need something for a larger room and you don’t need to worry about the price tag, then this might be the ideal model for you to check out.
Runner Up: De’Longhi Mica Thermic Panel Heater
Another great option from the top brand is this model with a unique design, and it is straightforward to operate. This is Micathermic heating based system, and it measures 27” x 10” x 22,” and has wheels that are easy to roll on. It uses 1500 W of power and can heat a large room quickly, and it can be mounted on the wall or placed on the floor without looking out of place.
You can put this next to your bed without having to worry about anything, and it can be stored away easily until you need it next.
- Rolling feet for easy moving
- 3-year warranty
- Some models can heat up too much to be mounted to the wall
Verdict: This is ideal if you want something that will be compact and very easy to move from room to room.
Best Budget Option: Homeleader Electric Panel Heater
For those with a smaller budget, this will be a great product and it has a very modern design. This looks more like a television than a panel heater, and it has a power output of 1500 W, which can heat up quickly and saves power. This design will allow the heater to be installed anywhere in the home without looking out of place, especially in the bedroom, office, or living room.
The LED display is easy to read, and it has a remote control with a 24 hour timer to make everything easier, especially when it comes to changing the temperature.
- 30 day money back guarantee
- Lifetime support
- Sleek design
Verdict: If you want something that has a unique look and won’t affect the décor of any room while using it, then this model should be on your list of options.
Wall Mica Panel Space Heater
If you want something that you can easily move around from room to room without picking it up, this model with wheels is ideal. This is also extremely easy to use, and it can be put on the ground or even mounted on the wall, depending on your needs. It can handle a room of around 350 square feet with a 1500 W power output, which can heat up within 3 seconds.
Also, you can easily adjust the temperature using the knobs on the side so you can pick the one you want and this uses the Mica panel technology for heating up the air, which warms up the objects rather than any nearby air, which makes it consume little power and it is highly efficient.
- Simple to use
- It might not be ideal for the bathroom.
Verdict: If you don’t mind having something that doesn’t have a sleek design, this model should be great for you, especially since it is portable and easy to use.
Sengoku 150w Under Desk Mini Panel Electric Space Heater
This model would be perfect for those who want something that is compact and can be used on a desk or even underneath it. This has a surface that isn’t going to be hot when you touch it, and it is great for keeping your legs and feet warm. It can heat a space of around 6’ x 6’ easily and quickly with a power cord that is 6’ in length.
If you don’t need something big and if you just need something to help keep your legs warm, this would definitely do the job.
- 1-year warranty
- It doesn’t have a very far air pushing radius
Verdict: If you need something to keep you warmer at your desk or help you to warm up after coming, then this model is one that you might want to have handy.
Electric Panel Heaters Buying Guide
You always need to ensure that you know what comes to electric panel heaters, and this information should be thought about before purchasing anything. You would need to know plenty of things about these devices, including the benefits of using one, features you should be looking for, and much more. Keep reading on to find out more about how to choose the right model for all of your needs.
Overview of an Electric Panel Heater
The electric panel heater is a combination of 2 types of heat transfer, including convection and infrared radiation. The thermal radiation will transfer the heat directly to people and objects while the convection heats the air before circulating it into the room. When these 2 technologies are combined, they provide better thermal comfort and performance than the convection method alone.
These can be used in various locations in your home, including the spare rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, corridors, and other areas. This can be used as part of your heating system to bring in more heat since they are reticent and energy-efficient. You need to know that once these are turned off, the heat will stop being generated, which might not be great for all living areas.
You should also ensure that you know how to set up your electric panel heater and the power rating is directly dependent on the room size. It would help if you also thought about the building’s insulation since you would need to think about that for the room. The majority of these will be straightforward to use since they are basically plugged and start, which means they can be used right away.
Benefits of an Electric Panel Heater
Another thing that you must be aware of before you can make any final decision is the various benefits of using one of these machines. There is plenty to look at when it comes to advantages, such as:
- Easy to use – If you want to add extra heat to your room, you don’t want to deal with something overly complicated. However, you can choose how complicated your device would be depending on changing the thermostat or temperature. These can be very simple to use and get ready to heat the room since you don’t need to do much when it comes out of the box.
- Simple to set up – These will be very simple to set-up once you have gotten it out of the box. Ensure that you are considering how you want to mount it and if you want to have it on the ground to have the right tools. You can easily store these in the corner of the room where you can turn them on or off, or you can even mount them on the wall, so you have plenty of options.
- Affordable – These are also going to save you money, especially if you live in a small apartment or room. The more you use these, the more money you would save on your utility bills since you can use them for a long period. Ensure that you find the right machine that would work well for your needs, which would fit your budget.
- Energy-efficient – These will also be extremely energy efficient, which means that you aren’t be wasting any electricity. The electricity is being transformed into heated air, which means you will get more heated air in the room for a lower cost than if you were to get a larger device or heating system.
- Ideal for small areas – Another benefit to consider is that these will be perfect for small rooms, including bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens, and other areas where it might get cold. Ensure that you are picking the right sized device for the area where it would need to be heated up to be efficient and fast.
These are just some of the top benefits you would enjoy when you have an electric panel heater in your home, so ensure that you know what they are.
Features to Look for in an Electric Panel Heater
You would also need to make sure that you are thinking about the various features you might want in your electric panel heater. Ensure that you are looking at the available features and deciding which ones are crucial before making your list. Here are some of the top features to consider, including:
- Energy efficiency – You want the machine to be energy-efficient, so make sure you pick the best one for the room you want to heat. If you don’t choose the right sized machine, it won’t be as energy-efficient as possible. You would also want to consider what power outage it gives and how much of a room it can handle.
- Safety features – There are numerous safety features that you will want to ensure that any electric panel heater would have before buying it. The main ones include tip-over protection, automatic turning off if it overheats, and even a timer you can set. The more you have safety features, the better to feel secure when you are going to sleep or even leaving your home.
- Smart technology – Another thing you want to consider is what type of smart technology it uses and what it can be connected with. These days, there are so many options that it can be hard to figure out which is which, so make sure to check it out. If you are using smart home-based technology, you should always see if they are compatible before making any purchase.
- Settings – Also, you want to check out the various settings you would be able to use. You want to consider setting the number of hours you want to operate or even the specific temperature you want it to have. You might also need to consider whether or not it has a fan that you can use during the summer and much more.
- Portability – If you aren’t going to use something regularly or move it from one room to another, you want it to be easily portable. This means getting a machine that would have wheels, small and lightweight enough that you can easily carry it as needed.
- User-friendliness – The final feature that you must look at is how easy it will be for you to use and what is required to set it up. If you use this for an elderly individual, you want one that doesn’t require many buttons and uses the knobs. Ensure that you determine the level of user capability before you buy anything.
These are just some of the main features you will need to look at and think about before making a final choice. Ensure that you know what they are before you start to look so you know how you can cut down your list and your choices.
How do these electric panel heater appliances work?
These heaters work by moving the cold and hot air around in a cycle, which starts by bringing in cold air through the panel. The cold air is then run over the heating oil, and then it is pushed out of the vents into the room.
Can these be left on to heat the rooms overnight?
Any of the modern space heaters will be extremely safe to operate for long periods of time unsupervised. However, you should ensure that the device has a few features like a shut-off timer, tip-over protection, automatic shut-off, and much more. These features will help turn the machine off if it overheats or tips while sleeping or away from home.
Would these cause any carbon monoxide poisoning?
You don’t have to worry about keeping these electric panel heaters overnight or even worrying about carbon monoxide poisoning. This is because they aren’t burning any fuel, so they don’t have any toxic emissions that might make someone ill.
Can you sleep with these machines on?
If you are going to use these in the bedrooms, you can be sure you can sleep with them. You might not think that you can, but you should think about setting a timer so it will turn off after a few hours. You also need to ensure that it will turn itself off if it falls over or overheats to prevent serious damage.
You must think about alternative heating methods if you have a home with small rooms requiring something extra. These heaters are a great way to add heat to these rooms, and they can be turned off as well as used for a few hours at a time before getting too hot. Ensure that you are thinking about the features that you need to have in your device and how you can pick the right one from our list.