Air pollution hits everyone. It is impossible to hide from it, even inside your private home. Here are some facts.
- According to the Environmental Protection Agency, indoor air quality is a bigger health hazard than outdoor air pollution with pollutants being up to 100 times higher indoors.
- More than a 50 percent of the homes and offices which had tested have poor quality air.
- Air pollution inside the home can be two to five times higher than outdoor.
- More than a half of the United States population lives in areas which have unhealthy levels of either ozone or particle pollution.
- Environmental tobacco smoke (ETS) also named “secondhand smoke” a significant indoor air pollutant, contains about 4,000 chemicals, including 200 known poisons, such as formaldehyde and carbon monoxide, as well as 43 carcinogens.
- Formaldehyde is a familiar chemical, found primarily in adhesive or bonding agents for many materials found in households and offices, including carpets, upholstery, particle board, and plywood paneling.
- Heating systems and other home devices using gas, fuel, or wood, can produce certain combustion products. The most dangerous are carbon monoxide (CO) and nitrogen dioxide (NO2).
I bet you don’t want to live in the polluted home, right? Healthy air is necessary for a healthy home. How to know if your home is healthy? You may sneeze, cough, wheeze, but you don’t know why? Maybe you don’t have any health problems but you still want to know is your home healthy?
Use a simple do-it-yourself air quality testing kit or get a professional home or office air check kit to answer your questions.
Do-it-yourself air quality testing kit types.
Do-it-yourself (DIY) testing kits let you take control of your own environment on your schedule and at a reasonable cost. There are several types of testing kits available on the market each intended to detect different types of pollutants in your environment. Here are possible types:
- Allergen Test Kits. These kits recognize and identify familiar indoor allergens including pollen, dust mites, mold spores, insect fragments, fibers such as those from fiberglass, and skin cells.
- Mold Test Kits. These kits discover and identify multiple types of airborne mold in unsafe places such as basements, bathrooms, crawl spaces, attics, carpeting, and more.
- Formaldehyde Test Kits. These kits recognize and identify dangerous applications of airborne formaldehyde, which has been reported as a probable human carcinogen by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Organic Vapor Test Kits. These kits detect and identify over 40 organic compounds and over 50 volatile organic composites (VOCs) being in your environment.
- Lead Test Kits. These kits discover and identify toxic lead on your home’s surfaces.
You can also get complete home air testing kit which includes four do-it-yourself test kits. This package includes two allergen test kits, an organic vapor testing kit, and a lead testing kit. All materials and lab fees are included in the price.
Professional home or office air check kit.
An affordable and complete read on the air you breathe you can get from Home Air Check. These air check kits are used in more homes and apartments than any other air test kits. The company offers accurate, easy-to-read results and a simple process in four easy steps.
- Order the test kits you need
- Test air. Use a test kit to collect air samples.
- Return the test kit together with the samples within 14 days using the provided pre-paid shipping label.
- Get results from an e-mail along with guidance for improving your air.
Why Home Air Check?
- A professional-grade air tests without the professionals arriving at your home.
- A world-class laboratory.
- Tests for a wide range of air vapors.
- An affordable price.
- You get a complete report of the findings and suggestions on how to proceed.
- Easy-to-understand explanations.
- Customer care.
Many people worldwide suffer from seasonal allergy. And nowadays not only in fall and spring but also in summer and winter. People search for the most outstanding treatments specially designed to reduce and heal seasonal allergy without any negative side effect. Out of the ordinary ads about treatments of seasonal allergy revealed in some websites […]
Indoor Air Quality at Work Indoor air quality at work is as important as air quality at home because bad conditions can affect the health, well-being, and workers productivity. Despite serious health problems related to indoor air quality are rare, the knowledge of threatened health is increasingly common among building occupants. Indoor air should be […]
We’ve all heard about pollution in school, but perhaps we don’t realize just how much air pollution is harming us every single day. Everyone knows that it’s a negative term, but many are not really aware of all its causes and what it can do for the health. Air pollution is basically the existence of […]