At one point or another, every home will have to deal with battling moisture, so you need a dehumidifier.
However, it would help if you thought about the dehumidifier’s size that you would buy when choosing.
Here are some of the reviews for some of the top ones in the industry that you can purchase, and these should help you make the right choice.
Table of Contents
Best 50 Pint Dehumidifiers
1. Frigidaire FFAD5033R1 Dehumidifier
- Handles – This makes it easier to move the dehumidifier from one spot to another without having to lift it
- Ready to select controls – There are options are pre-programmed into the machine that let you choose the settings with the click of a button
- Energy STAR certification – This machine has the Energy STAR certification, which means it uses lower energy levels, reduces electricity usage, and cuts down on utility bills
2. Keystone KSTAD50B Dehumidifier
- Space – This machine is perfect for your entire home since it can easily handle a space up to 3000 square feet.
- Auto-restart – In case the power goes off, the machine has an auto-restart setting that would automatically start it using the settings it was last on
- Continuous draining – If you want this to drain continuously, so you don’t have to worry about emptying it, you can hook up a hose and have it drain.
3. Friedrich D50BP Dehumidifier
- Removable bucket – The bucket is removable, allowing you to empty the water collected if you don’t have it set for continuous draining.
- Controls – The controls are mounted on the top of the machine, making it easier for you to access them and change the settings.
4. Delonghi DD50PE Dehumidifier
- Stylish – If you are looking for something that doesn’t look like the normal dehumidifier, this is the best way to go.
- LED screen – This machine has an LED screen that is easy to read, and you can understand all of the information shared.
- Easy to use controls – The controls on this device are also easy to use, which makes choosing your settings a breeze.
5. Ivation 50-Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier
- Small size – If you live in an apartment and look for a dehumidifier, this one is perfect since it is tiny and can fit into any corner of your home.
- LED interface – The interface is the LED style, and it is easy to use, and you can change up your settings quickly and easily.
- Air filter – The air filter used in this machine can be washed off and used again, which means you don’t need to buy a new one.
One should always make sure that they are looking at the reviews for any machine they consider buying. You also want to compare the various options you are looking at purchasing to see the cons and pros of both so that you can choose your home and your budget.
Advantages of 50-pint Dehumidifier
There are so many advantages that you can think about and that you need to be aware of when it comes to the 50-pint dehumidifiers that you are checking out. Not only can these take out more water from the air in the same amount of time than others, but they are also great ways to save money. Some of the top advantages of purchasing this type of machine include:
- Removes more water in the same amount of time from the air than smaller machines
- It doesn’t require you to empty the bucket more than 1 or 2 times in any single day
- Can deal with the entire home with a single machine rather than needing more than 1
- Let’s you pick the right humidity level for your home.
- Can get rid of any lingering smells that you can’t get rid of otherwise
- It makes your home less likely to get mildew, mold, and dust mites
- It helps you to breathe easier by getting rid of any irritants in the air
- Lowers the cost of your utility bills due to lower use of electricity
- Options to allow for continuous draining through various methods depending on the machine
- Built-in pumps that push the water through the hose or into another area when the continuous draining is being used
- Warranty that would cover all of the main problems that you might face with the machine for a specified period of time
- LED or LCD panels that would let you read what the settings are without having to push any more buttons
- Handles and wheels on the device that would make it easy to move around the home
- The small size means it can be put in any corner of the room in your house.
These are only a few of the main advantages that you will want to make sure you are aware of, so go ahead and start thinking about whether this will be the right option for you and your family. If you don’t know what the advantages are, then you can’t make the right decision about if this is going to work for you and which one you should go for.
Factors to Consider When Buying a 50 Pint Dehumidifier
You should always ensure that you know what you would want to be looking for when it comes to choosing the right machine. If you know the factors before you start looking at the machines, you can make the right choice from the start.
Here are just a few of the main factors that you need to check out when you are purchasing one of these, such as:
- Coverage area – You should make sure that you are considering what the coverage area that each machine would use is. You want to ensure that you find one that can take care of the entire space you live in without having to buy another or a larger one. Some options can take care of a 3000 square foot space, so make sure to check this out.
- Water tank capacity – Another thing you need to think about is the water tank’s capacity. These can fit 50 pints, but some options would allow you to use the continuous draining feature, so this is something to think about. This is important because you don’t want to keep draining the bucket numerous times a day.
- Safety features – There will be several safety features that you would want to think about when looking at the devices. One of these should be an alert to let you know when the tank is getting full so that you can empty it. Also, you want to check them out and see if they would have an auto-restart option to keep your settings if the power was to go out.
- Ease of use – Also, think about how easily this will be when it comes to usage and even how you can move it around. You want to pick something that has controls that are not only easy to use but that are also easy to understand. It would help if you also looked at how easy it is to remove the bucket and other draining options that you can choose from. Not only do you want to think about the bucket and how easy it is to use that, but also the controls. Think about the screen and if you would need to push a lot of buttons to get what you need and if the settings would be saved if it turns off because of a power outage.
- Noise level – There are so many options you can pick from, and some will be noisier than others. Think about how much noise this device is going to make, and then consider where you will be placing it and if it is going to distract you or your family while you are sleeping. You also want to think about how the handles are situated and if they are built into the machine or vibrate and make some noise.
- Price – Another factor that you will want to think about is the price and how much it will cost you in the end. Ensure that you have a budget set, decide how much you can spend, and then find the ones that fit this need. You should also ensure that you are considering how much you will be spending on shipping as well.
- Customer service – Ensure that you are checking out what you will need to do if you have any mechanical problems. If you would have to take the machine to a service center, find out how close the nearest one is. However, you want to find one that would have an expert come to your home and look at the machine for you without you having to ship or transport it anywhere.
- Design – The final factor that you will want to think about when it comes to which machine to purchase is the design. Look at a few of the options and then think about which design would work the best with your home, including how it can be moved and the handles to use.
Use all of these factors to help you decide which one will be the best for your home and your budget. You need to know what these factors are and which ones will be important to you before you can choose, and these are perfect for helping you.
Alternatives to 50 Pint Dehumidifier
You should make sure that you are thinking of what you will do regarding the humidifier you want to purchase. If you don’t need a huge machine, then you should think about what other options you can go for.
So many smaller options would work for your needs, but you should think about this. If you don’t want something that is large or that doesn’t make as much noise, then there are 30 and 20-pint options that you can also purchase, so go ahead and consider this as well.
You must be thinking about which 50-pint humidifier will be the best for you, and you need to think about everything.
Not only do you need to think about how much noise each of the machines makes, but also the ways that it can drain and the alerts that would be given.
The factors to make a choice are also important, so consider the design, noise levels, price, ease of use, and so much more.