You need to consider so much when looking at air purifiers; the entire process can become confusing if you don’t know what you want.
It would help if you considered these air purifiers’ pros, cons, and much more, including the cost, design, placement, and size.
The more you know and are aware of when it comes to picking the best air purifier for your home, the easier the decision will be.
I covered everything you must know about the AirDoctor 5000 air purifier, so you can decide if it can handle the size of your home and much more.
AirDoctor 5000 Air Purifier Review
AirDoctor 5000 Air Purifier Design, Size, and Placement
If you are looking for something you can put somewhere and forget about until it is time for maintenance, you should look at the Air Doctor 5000 air purifier.
It weighs around 33 pounds, measures 16” wide by 16” by 28.75” tall, and has built-in handles and wheels.
This can make it so that you can also move it as required, but it should be ideally placed in a corner near the electrical socket.
Air Doctor 5000 air purifier has a simple design that works well for any décor and room in your home. You will want to put this in a corner with at least 6” of space around the entire device.
The space around it ensures that it can pull in the required air and push it out quickly. However, ensure you can get to it when needed to clean it and replace the filters.
How Do Air Doctor 5000 Work and What Sources of Indoor Pollution Destroy?
AirDoctor 5000 works by having 2 filtrations systems on either side of the machine so that no particles or allergens are missed. The air outlet is on the top of the device while the intakes are on the sides, so it needs open space surrounding it when used.
AirDoctor 5000 have the following filters:
- Permanent Pre-filter which traps larger particles
- Gas trap and VOC filter – It use activated carbon. This filter will help remove a wide variety of allergens and irritants from the room air, such as ozone, smoke, toxic fumes, volatile organic compounds like formaldehyde, and various gases.
- UltraHEPA medical-grade filters – Nearly 100 times more effective than the normal true-HEPA systems. These filters can trap particles as small as 0.003 microns in size. These filters can collect and remove numerous allergens, pollutants, and other irritants from the air. These include – dust and various types of pollen, mold spores, pet hair dander, and much more.
Not only that, but it can eliminate different airborne germ types and bacteria that can cause illnesses.
Plenty of viruses and bacteria can be removed from the air using this air purifier, which helps keep everyone healthy. You should be aware of these and what can be purified from the air so that you will breathe easier these include the following:
- Staphylococcus albus 8032
- Aspergillusniger ATCC 16404
- Staphylococcus Aureus ATCC 6538
- Candida albicans ATCC 10231
- Escherichia Coli 8099
- Klebsiella pneumonia ATCC 4352
- Serratiamarcescens ATCC 14041P
- Aeruginosa ATCC 15442
- E. Coli Phage Phi-X174
- Influenza A virus A/PR8/34 H1N1
AD5000 was also tested to remove the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) virus and other surrogate viruses from the air. Not only that, but it can get rid of the H1N1 or Swine flu, also known as Influenza A Virus A/PR8/34.
This air purifier can be an ideal way to keep your entire family healthy and give them the purest air possible, especially for those with many allergies and health problems.
AirDoctor 5000 Air Purifier Key Features
There are also numerous key features that AirDoctor 5000 has that you must be aware of. If you know these top features, you can compare them to others and decide which one will work the best for you.
Some of the top features include:
- WhisperJet fans – The exclusive WhisperJet fan system that is used is exclusive and very quiet. The system allows the fans to keep the noise level low as possible, which means you don’t have to avoid using the highest levels because they might be overly noisy. This is great for when you are sleeping, so you don’t need to think about if the noise will keep you awake or not.
- Auto mode – This Airdoctor AD5000 purifier also has an auto mode, which you can use to sense the air’s current quality. This mode automatically turns on when the air quality is low and then adjusts the filtration and fan level to clean the air.
- Indicator for filter replacement – You need to change the filters for those who want your air purifier always work the best possible. It can be hard to remember and do if you aren’t keeping track of when the filters have been changed. However, this model has an indicator that would let you know when they should be replaced, so you don’t need to keep a note about it.
- Sealed system – One of the top features you need to know about this device is that it will be fully sealed. This means that allergens, pollutants, germs, irritants, viruses, and bacteria won’t escape. In addition, the sealed system will ensure that the filters keep this inside, and the air being pushed out will be as pure as possible.
When starting the search, consider these features to determine which model would suit your needs. The Air Doctor 5000 has some great features that make it unique from various other models, so don’t be afraid to look and see if it fits your needs.
AirDoctor 5000 Air Purifier Noise level
Air Doctor 5000 is one of the quietest air purifiers, making this perfect for your office or even the bedroom when you sleep.
The lowest fan speed will be 30 dB in noise, which isn’t much higher than a traditional whispered conversation.
However, when you use the highest fan level, the noise is at 50 dB, which is still exceptionally quiet, so you don’t need to worry about anything.
No other air purifier on the market can purify same-size spaces at the max speed of only 50dB.
AirDoctor 5000 Air Purifier Power Consumption
AriDoctor 5000 power consumption depends on the speed setting you use. The lowest one consumes 10 watts, and the highest – is 110 watts.
I made a quick calculation, and here are the results of how much it costs per month to run AD5000 24/7 on each speed setting. (Electricity costs $0.12 per kWh).
I recommend using AirDoctor 5000 in auto mode. It will increase the speed setting when room air is dirtier and automatically goes to a lower speed when the room becomes cleaner.
So on average, you should expect to pay around $3-5 per electricity using AD5000.
AirDoctor 5000 Air Purifier CADR, ACH, Room Coverage
AirDoctor 5000 can clean very large spaces. Depending on air changes per hour (ACH), it can handle from 800 to 4000 square feet.
|1 ACH (1x/hour)||4,002 sq. ft.|
|2 ACH (2x/hour)||2,001 sq. ft.|
|3 ACH (1x/hour)||1,334 sq. ft.|
|4 ACH (4x/hour)||1,001 sq. ft.|
|5 ACH (5x/hour)||800 sq. ft.|
4 air changes per hour are recommended by citing the Harvard Public School of Health to most effectively remove all airborne particles. So it best fits areas up to 1000 sq. ft., which is still an amazingly large space.
AirDoctor 5000 has a CADR of 560 CFM for smoke, which means that it can quickly get rid of the smell that comes along with it. That’s an impressive number compared to other air purifiers.
AirDoctor 5000 Air Purifier Maintenance and Upkeep
AD5000 model will be ideal if you want something that you won’t have to change every filter out 2 times a year or every 6 months.
You have to replace only the VOC and carbon filter 2 times per year, while the UltraHEPA filter can be replaced once a year. This will help cut down on the costs you would be required to pay and lower the number of needed filters.
Also, you would want to do the proper upkeep on this device, which means keeping it clean on the outside.
Ensure that you wipe it down every few weeks or at least once per month to keep all debris and dirt from collecting.
If you don’t do this, the device will be as efficient as it might otherwise be, and this can be done with a damp cloth or even a vacuum to remove the dirt.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does the AirDoctor 5000 require at least a 6” gap on all sides?
AirDoctor 5000 needs a 6” clearance on all sides to ensure the air can be pulled in properly.
Also, this can help keep the sensor for the air quality working correctly, and if it doesn’t have the right amount of space, it won’t work properly.
How often would I need to change out the AirDoctor 5000 filters?
The gas trap and VOC filter must be changed every 6 months.
The UltraHEPA filter doesn’t need to be replaced more than 1 time a year, and there is an indicator that will let you know when the change needs to occur.
Will AirDoctor 5000 be suited for an apartment or small dorm room?
AirDoctor 5000 wouldn’t be ideal for those living in a smaller apartment or even a dorm room. However, this would be ideally suited for larger apartments or homes that need more air purified over time.
However, AirDoctor 5000 can be used for any space where allergy sufferers live, especially in your bedroom or office.
How easy will it be to move AirDoctor 5000 around?
If you are wondering if you can move AirDoctor 5000 from room to room with you, that can be done. It will be easy to shift because it has wheels to roll around and a handle to ensure it is done quickly.
Is AirDoctor 5000 noisy?
No, AirDoctor 5000 isn’t going to be very noisy. You can easily use this air purifier in your home anywhere, and you will forget it is there because it is so quiet.
Even on the highest fan setting, it isn’t overly loud, and you can sleep without waking up with it being in the bedroom.
Final Thoughts about AirDoctor 5000 Air Purifier
You must pick the right air purifier for your home, especially if you are dealing with allergies or breathing problems.
In addition, you should consider the upkeep and maintenance, noise level, design, and much more.
Well, if you need to cover larger spaces, AirDoctor 5000 is no question the best one out there. It is powerful, good-looking, consumes a little electricity, and is quiet.
AirDoctor 5000 Compared To AirDoctor 1000, AD2000, And AD3000
And I have compared AirDoctor 5000 to other brands as well. Take a look at these comparison articles:
- AirDoctor 5000 compared to IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier
- AirDoctor 5000 compared to Molekule Air Pro Air Purifier
- AirDoctor 5000 compared to Rabbit Air A3 Air Purifier
- AirDoctor 5000 compared to Dyson Cool Formaldehyde TP09 Air Purifier
- AirDoctor 5000 compared to BlueAir Protect Air Purifier