The gorgeous appeal of an outdoor fireplace is the best method to create an outdoor retreat!
Gas outdoor fireplaces provide the same ambiance and comfort as conventional wood fireplaces, but with improved efficiency, smoke-free burning, and unique features such as multi-colored lighting fixtures, adjustable flames, and easy controls.
To assist you in finding the finest outdoor gas fireplace for your area, we’ve compiled a list of the top five per quality, design, customer happiness, and simplicity of use.
6 Best Outdoor Gas Fireplaces Reviewed
Outdoor gas fireplaces are becoming more and more popular in backyards around the country, and for good reason. They offer a pleasant and distinctive meeting spot for friends and family, help extend the attraction of an outdoor living space well into the dark, and give the convenience of gas rather than wood. With so many options to select from, you’ll be able to choose the ideal outdoor gas fireplace for you.
1. Superior VRE4600 Linear Outdoor Gas Fireplace
The VRE4600 Series linear gas fireplaces can brighten up your outdoor living space. Flames dance over a bed of broken glass, with full-spectrum, LED lights that you can adjust to fit the mood or season. For outdoor settings, weather-resistant stainless steel provides both durability and eye-catching attractiveness. Still, you can install the VRE4600 Series fireplace single-sided or see-through.
It’s a stunning contemporary clean-burning natural gas fireplace and the best linear vent-free outdoor fireplace. This gas fireplace has a see-through conversion kit that allows you to enjoy the beautiful vista beyond your outside wall. The sellers built it to endure the elements outdoors with a stainless-steel frame.
The electrical ignition on this gas fireplace helps you save money or gasoline. There’s no need for lighters since they can be turned on and off with the push of a button.
The superior outdoor natural gas fireplace is designed with a gas connection in mind. They designed it to run on natural gas. Still, with the addition of an optional conversion kit, you can change it to propane.
This contemporary gas fireplace is designed to be used outside. The fireplace is protected from the wind by the glass deflector screen. There’s no need to worry that it will get chilly or cease delivering heat when the wind blows. It also has a waterproof stainless-steel frame. For further protection, a stainless-steel weather cover is offered as an option.
- Includes a single-sided setup and a see-through kit.
- Adjustable full-spectrum indoor LED lighting that enhances mood.
- Includes Diamond Crystal glass media (Optional colors available).
- The wind is deflected away from the flames by a glass deflector screen.
- The use of electronic ignition.
- It is made of stainless steel for long-term outdoor usage.
- Remote control (on/off, high/low, CPI/IPI) is optional.
- An LP gas conversion kit is available for purchase separately.
- Metal studs are required for framing. Wood studs can’t be used.
Outdoor linear gas fireplaces are one of the unique additions to your outdoor living area that will increase its worth.
Not only can upgrading or extending the area outside your house add value to your property, but it also adds value to your lifestyle. You are not just adding an additional area to live by extending your living space into your outside space. Instead, you also contribute to that feeling of worth that you hold essential for yourself and your family.
2. Empire Carol Rose Linear Fireplace – 60″
The Empire Carol Rose Outdoor Linear Gas Fireplace – 60″ will give your outdoor space a sleek, modern feel. The linear burner generates gorgeous golden flames and up to 65,000 BTUs of heat for comfortable outdoor enjoyment even on cold nights. The linear burner is hidden from view by the Clear Frost crushed fire glass, which reflects the flames for a beautiful appearance day or night.
With seven vivid hues, including Cardinal Red, Sea Green, Forest Green, Tranquil Blue, Deep Blue, Royal Violet, and White, integrated LED lighting improves the atmosphere in your outdoor home. Choose a single color and adjust the intensity to suit your mood, or choose one of two automated settings to cycle through each color slowly or rapidly.
The Gas Fireplace – 60″ is available in both LP and Natural Gas configurations and includes a push-button ignition for simple lighting and a manual. It has a three-position gas valve that allows you to control the flames at your preferred height. A flame sensor will turn off the gas to the system if the fire goes out for additional safety.
The control panel, which contains the push-button ignition, flame adjustment, and simple LED lighting settings, is easily hidden under a tilt-up lid. Windy circumstances are protected from the flame display by glass deflector panels, allowing you to get the most out of your fireplace no matter the season. When not in use, cover the fireplace with an easy-to-install stainless steel cover to fully enclose it and protect it from the elements.
- Outdoor installation of a ventless fireplace.
- 65,000 BTU Burner on the 60-Inch Modelmodel.
- LED illumination with pre-programmed colors under the burner.
- AA Battery Powered Manual Electronic Ignition
- Manually Variable Flame Hotbox with 3 Stages.
- Glass Panels with Weather Deflectors (Taller panel available for windy applications).
- Users need a decorative Crushed Glass to enjoy the most out of the product.
- Additional charges to order its accessories
Empire’s Outdoor Linear Fireplace will provide ambiance to any patio gathering. A gas burner is hidden under a massive bed of clear-frost broken glass in this Model. The lighting technology lights the glass from underneath as the flames dance above the bed of glass.
3. Montigo Mahana PL42VO Ventless Outdoor Gas Fireplace – 42″
The Montigo Mahana PL42VO Ventless Outdoor Gas Fireplace – 42″ brings the warmth and comfort of your living room to your patio “!! The elegant, ventless form, along with the flexibility to employ combustible frame and finishing materials, opens us to a world of possibilities for installation. The glass door and screen provide exceptional wind resistance. At the same time, the high-quality 304-grade stainless steel structure withstands everyday exposure to the outdoors and harsh weather conditions. On frigid evenings, two built-in twin blowers generate an eight-foot radius of warmth around the fireplace, keeping you comfortable and snug.
The Montigo Mahana PL42VO Fireplace – 42″ is a 42” Montigo Mahana PL42VO Ventless Outdoor Gas Fireplace “A 28,000 BTU linear burner, an electronic ignition system, a full glass door with Invisimesh screen, and quartz fire beads are included as standard features. Over the firebox frame, rock or tile can be placed to provide a seamless transition from the fireplace to the hearth. To create a stand-alone fireplace focal piece that precisely fits your outdoor décor, add a high-quality, waterproof, powder-coated enclosure in the color of your choosing.
- Linear burner with a BTU rating of 28,000
- Firebirds are made of quartz.
- Blowers to circulate heat effectively.
- Invisimesh screen on the whole glass door.
- Approved for use with wood frames and flammable finishes.
- Electronic ignition with a control system that has been authorized for use outside.
- Needs more accessories, thus additional charges.
Now you may enjoy the warmth and comfort of your living room on your terrace. The stainless steel structure with a glass door and screen creates a full wind and waterproof design. This unit is the most flexible alternative in outdoor areas because of its elegant, ventless design and flexibility to combustible framing and finishes.
4. Majestic Courtyard Outdoor Gas Fireplace – 36″
The Majestic Courtyard Outdoor Gas Fireplace – 36″ creates a beautiful focal point for your outdoor area. ” The unit is the ideal combination of beauty and practicality. Choose the highly realistic wood sets for a more classic appearance, or pick from the 5-fire glass colors for a more modern effect.
Outdoor Gas Fireplace – The Majestic Courtyard – 36″ “is made of rust-resistant stainless steel that will withstand the elements for many years to come. Choose from various interior choices, such as stainless steel to highlight the flames, conventional brick for a classic design, or premium stacked or herringbone brick for a distinctive style. Cozy up close to this magnificent fireplace and bask in the warmth while gazing at the stars.
Majestic is synonymous with exceptional durability, beautiful aesthetics, and long-term performance in wood and gas fireplaces. Making environmentally conscious choices is an important aspect to consider when purchasing and using goods and services.
- Here’s where you can get all the Courtyard 36 accessories.
- Choose between standard definition logs, high definition logs, or contemporary glass media to create a beautiful focal point that complements the dynamic dancing flame.
- Choose from various interior choices, such as stainless steel to highlight the flames, conventional brick for a classic appearance, or premium stacked or herringbone brick for a distinctive look in neutral tones to complement your environment.
- Made of rust-resistant stainless steel.
- The IntelliFire Ignition System, which includes a wall switch, continuously checks ignition and guarantees safe operation.
- Design with a clean face and a flush hearth.
- Outdoor control box and wall switch
- Safety screen made of stainless steel.
- 6′ electrical wire harness
- Shutoff flex connection for gas.
- BTUs (British Thermal Units): 55,000
- This product is not advised for usage over 4,500 feet in elevation.
The Courtyard outdoor gas fireplace is the ideal combination of beauty and functionality, with classic design and ultra-realistic logs or modern glass that light up at the touch of a button. The mesmerizing flames provide an immediate sense of ambiance and calm. Make yourself at home in the Courtyard.
5. Empire Carol Rose Outdoor 36 Inch Stainless Steel Ventless Firebox
My readers get a discount at HVACDirect.com – Use code PBG8F5KHI9RJ at checkout.
The Empire 36 inch stainless steel firebox will add elegance to your outdoor space. This high-quality firebox is ventless, allowing you to get the most out of your heating system. This Empire Outdoor firebox has a heavy-duty brick liner that gives it a masonry look. This stainless steel 36-inch set comes with a stainless-steel hood, mesh curtain, and front surround for long-term protection. With a 50,000 BTU output, you’ll be toasty on those chilly evenings. The Empire 36-inch stainless steel firebox may be used with ventless logs. The style you choose and the warmth you need are combined in one easy-to-use package.
Outdoor goods such as burners, log sets, firepits, and fireplaces are available under the Carol Rose brand.
Consider the outdoor firebox as a blank canvas on which you may draw your dream fireplace. The outdoor firebox is a ventless design approved for use with an outdoor burner and built with the same robust construction as the fireplaces. Any moisture accumulated under the fireplace may be controlled and redirected with the optional stainless-steel drain pan. Weather doors are offered to protect your fireplace. Empire Harmony gas logs and Empire Loft burner kits are compatible.
- Stainless steel construction with a ventless firebox for outdoor use.
- Stainless steel hood and mesh curtain included.
- If the stainless steel comes with a transparent protective coating, remove it before lighting the fireplace.
- Requires the purchase of a contemporary burner kit or an outdoor gas log kit.
Think of an outdoor firebox as a blank canvas on which you may build your dream fireplace. The outdoor firebox is a ventless design approved for use with an outdoor burner and built with the same robust construction as the fireplaces. Depending on your preferences, you may choose with a modern burner or a classic wood set.
6. Firegear Outdoor 36-Inch Kalea Bay Outdoor Gas Fireplace
My readers get a discount at HVACDirect.com – Use code PBG8F5KHI9RJ at checkout.
The Kalea Bay outdoor fireplace is a linear gas fireplace with a sleek modern appearance. It’s made of 304 stainless steel, so it’ll stand up to the elements. The EcoFlow valve system controls the gas system, which does not need to be vented outside (see manual). The control box connects to the fireplace through a 6-foot cable, allowing you to control the fireplace and LED lights. Under the fiberglass, the LED lights may be adjusted to blend the colors. The flame’s height may also be adjusted via the control box. To make your fireplace viewable from both sides, a see-through conversion kit is available.
The focus of your outdoor living area, the “kitchen table,” should include fire pits and outdoor fires. The warm light of the fire may be enjoyed when entertaining visitors or just relaxing and reflecting on the days. Fire pits and outdoor fireplaces allow us to spend more time outside in the evenings or on cold nights. The trouble and mess of a wood fire are eliminated when you use gas. Both modern and classic designs are offered for fire pits, fireplaces, and outdoor burner systems. The majority of them may be powered by a portable propane tank or linked to your home’s natural gas pipes. Many fire pits are sold as kits that include the fire pit body and burner. Most outdoor fireplaces come with everything you need. They have the components you need to make it happen, whether you need a complete solution or simply the “engine.”
- Customers can choose from four different sizes (all options are 16″ height)
- Two vents are included.
- 304 stainless steel burner and firebox ensure it’s weather and corrosion-resistant.
- The Eco-flow Electronic Ignition System has a safety cut-off and auto-relight in a flame loss.
- Built-in RF (Radio Frequency) Receiver for adding up to 3 Skytech Remote Controls.
- It includes on/Off Control options.
- It only uses metal studs for framing.
- Needs more accessories, thus additional charges.
The all-new Kalea Bay LED & Non-LED outdoor linear gas fireplace makes a stylish statement. It is an excellent product for fast and efficient framing and finishing. It is designed with a clean and modern style in mind and requires no chimney or venting.
Do you wish to enjoy the comfort of a beautiful fireplace outside your business? Order the Firegear Kalea Bay 36″ Outdoor Linear Gas Fireplace today!
Outdoor Gas Fireplace Buying Guide
You should ask yourself a few things before installing a ventless gas fireplace in your house.
- Do you have room to place the fireplace? In the living room? Outdoors? Is it in your room? Some places ban ventless gas fireplaces in smaller areas like bedrooms and bathrooms. So, check your local regulations before choosing a site.
- What is your financial plan now? Vented gas fireplaces are a cost-effective choice, although some are more expensive than others. You may still have the fireplace of your dreams while still on your budget.
- Do you want to be able to heat your whole house if you lose power? Determine how much energy you’ll need to heat your place. Look for suggested BTU standards per square foot.
- What is the size of your room? A large fireplace may not be a good choice for you, depending on the size of your rooms and your particular design style. A thin, low-profile fireplace is not a good choice either.
- Will you be putting your fireplace in a new house or remodeling a prefabricated home? The reflections may assist you in deciding on a location.
- What is the architectural style of your home? Are you seeking something contemporary and bright in here appearance? Do you like more common designs with features like mantel to provide visual weight? Considering your style results in a more coherent and appealing house.
- Is there enough room outside for a fireplace? If so, several appealing alternatives exist. Don’t stop if this isn’t the issue. Some ventless gas fireplaces may be inside along with outside in a shared wall.
How Do Gas Fireplaces Work?
Ventless gas fireplaces, unvented or vent-free fireplaces, operate by connecting a gas unit to a natural gas or propane line. Make sure the heating does not exceed the manufacturer’s limits. The installation must be completed by a competent gas or plumbing contractor.
These fireplaces may be placed where a supply line is available. Many modern versions include automated ignition. They remove the need for a standing pilot, allowing you to save energy and money. In a power outage, they may run on battery power. A single ventless gas fireplace may be enough to warm the whole house, depending on the size of your property.
What Types of Gas Fireplaces are Available?
There are several gorgeous ventless gas fireplaces to choose from. Whatever your own style is, you’ll be able to find one that works for you. All ventless gas fireplaces will need a professional; they must be linked to a gas line.
- Contemporary Glass Inserts
- Log Inserts
Why Choose an Outdoor Fireplace?
Outdoor fireplaces will not only give heat (the fire is quite hot), but they will improve the ambiance of homes. They make your room more appealing for a variety of parties, family events, and social get-togethers. An outdoor fireplace may make your house cool for friends and family.
Benefits of Outdoor Fireplaces
- Stay Comfortable, Longer
It gives unmatched heat and a source of environmental light appropriate for late-night parties. You can extend the party and enjoy your patio longer into the sunset. With the outdoor fireplace, you can spend more time outside in the spring and fall months. Plus, – extend patio season with a new outdoor fireplace.
- Create an Outdoor Focal Point
A fireplace may be the best point for a family meeting, a spot to snuggle up and enjoy the soothing heat on a tricky night, or a striking structural element. A fireplace complements a house, whether it’s indoors or out.
- Guaranteed Quality
Outdoor gas fireplaces from Regency Fireplace Products are built to last. Stainless steel is used, which is meant to bear the elements all year. The devil is in the details. So, they work hard every day to provide some of the most durable fireplace products available.
HOW DO I CHOOSE AN OUTDOOR GAS FIRE PIT?
A common choice is a stone fire pit. Pavers and blocks constructed of clay brick or concrete are usual for DIY fire pits. A variety of metals are used in many fire pit designs. The most popular metal fire pits are steel, but other metals like aluminum, cast iron, and copper are available.
WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING A GAS FIREPLACE?
Look for gas fireplaces that provide you to set timers or thermostats and regulate the temperature. Manage the heat output by setting the flame. So, you don’t overheat and waste fuel. A remote or a wall thermostat can be used to change the flame height (and heat).
CAN I LEAVE THE GAS FIREPLACE ON ALL NIGHT?
DON’T forget to turn off the device at night.
Allow extra carbon monoxide to escape by leaving the flue open. With a gas-burning appliance, the primary issue is carbon monoxide emissions. Keeping the device on overnight is dangerous.
CAN YOU RUN A GAS FIREPLACE WHEN POWER IS OUT?
During a power outage, gas and wood fireplaces will continue to operate. These fireplaces don’t need electricity to vent, so they may be used even if the power goes out.
WHICH IS BETTER VENTLESS OR VENTED GAS FIREPLACE?
No heat escapes up the chimney. So, ventless fireplaces are more energy-efficient than vented fireplaces. They, thus, result in lower gas utility costs. Because part of the heat escapes via the flue, a vented gas fireplace needs more gas to provide the same degree of warmth.
Ventless gas fireplaces are an appealing addition to your house because of their low cost and high energy efficiency. Wood-burning fireplaces are terrible at heating your place and emit waste and smoke. Yet, ventless gas fireplaces offer a cleaner, less expensive option.
Modern units have carbon or oxygen sensors turning off your fireplace if oxygen levels fall too low. Or, carbon levels rise beyond the room’s occurring trace quantities. You can trust ventless gas fireplaces to be safe when used since they must meet government standards before marketing.