Coway Airmega 400 HEPA Air Purifier Review
Finding the right dehumidifier is essential for your home, and you need to make sure that you are thinking about what your options are. If you are looking for something that is going to claim to get rid of any smells, dirt, and pollution in the air, then you need to make sure you are checking out the reviews. We are going to be reviewing the Coway AirMega 400 HEPA Air Purifier for you today, so you can keep on reading to learn more about this product.
- Easy to set up since you just have to plug it in after you get it
- Can clean an entire 28 by 28-foot room around four times per hour
- Washable Max2 filter and prefilter, which is a single filter that has both activated carbon and True HEPA components
- STAR energy certified and uses 66 watts of power
- Can set the timer to turn the machine off after 1, 4 or 8 hours of usage
- Attractive design
- Energy efficient
- Heavy, so not easy to carry or shift around very often
- Larger in size, which takes up a good amount of space
- Filters need to be replaced every year, and they are expensive
Design, Size, and Placement
The Coway AirMega 400 HEPA Air Purifier comes in a few different colors that you can pick from, including both silver/graphite and white. This unit is just 23 inches tall and 15 inches in depth and width, which means it will need a bit of space, but it won’t take over the entire area. This weighs some 25 pounds, which isn’t something you want to carry around, so make sure you have the right space for it.
How it Works and Sources of Indoor Pollution it Destroys
This machine has three different automatic operation settings that you can choose from that would let the machine decide what it should do. These include:
- Automatic speed of fans – The machine does regular monitoring of the air quality, and based on the results, it can change the speed that the fans are running for the conditions that are in the room.
- Sleep mode – If the room is dark and if there has been no change in the quality of the air for some 3 minutes, then the machine will automatically go into sleep mode.
- Eco mode – This mode is based on the quality of the air, and if it stays at a good level for around 10 minutes, then the machine will automatically turn itself off. When it notices that the air level changes, then it will turn itself back on and automatically start cleaning the air again.
These are just a few of the main ways that this specific machine cleans the air. It makes sure that the air quality is the best for a certain amount of time before it shuts itself off to save electricity. This one is perfect for removing a few different indoor types of pollution, including:
This one is ideal for those who are suffering from asthma or any other types of allergies as it cleans the air to keep one healthy.
There are so many features that you are going to want to know about when it comes to this machine. These include:
- Real-time monitoring for the air quality, which is color-coded and easily visible
- Automatic operation with three settings, such as eco mode, sleep mode and automatic fan speed
- Dual-sided filtration system with a pre-filter, combined filtration and notifications for the life of the filters
- Touch control panel
- A timer that can turn the machine off based on hourly increments
- Handles on both side of the machine for easier moving
- Plastic, durable covers to protect the filter from damage
- Outlet cover to protect the fan
- Five years (limited) warranty for electric parts and motor
These are only some of the main features that come with this machine, so make sure that you are aware of them so you can make the right choice for your needs.
This machine is one of the noisier ones that are on the market with a sound of 55dB when the fan is on, but not so much otherwise. However, if you don’t have the fans on it is around 39 dB, and the lowest level it has is 22dB, which is quieter than any normal fan or even a computer. The only way that you would be able to determine that the system is running at this point is to feel the breeze as it comes from the device itself. For those who want something quiet, then this is the machine to purchase, especially if you are going to keep it in your room while you are sleeping.
CADR and CFM
One of the main things that you are going to want to consider when it comes to the machines is just how fast it can remove all of the dust, smells, and much more from the air. It has a CFM of 410 along with a 350 for the CADR levels for dust, smoke, and pollen. It has four speeds on the fans, which means you can change how quickly this one can run, and it depends on what you are interested in. This is a great option if you are searching for something that will clean the air promptly, and that keeps the air quality at the highest levels possible.
Maintenance and Upkeep
This can be an expensive machine when it comes to maintenance due to the filters that should be replaced every year. There are two filters, and they will cost you around $200, and you need to ensure that they are being replaced to keep their activated carbon and HEPA components working to the best of their ability.
It has a Green-True HEPA filter to contain all of the dust and other particles that might be in the air. Within the year time frame that the filters are being used, they can be rinsed off and then placed back in the machine, which is perfect if you don’t want something time-consuming. The machine also has lights and notifications that will let you know when the lifespan of the filters goes down, which starts with 100% and goes down by 80%, 60%, 40%, and 20% so you can order them promptly.
Finding the right machine to clean the air in your home, especially if you have a larger one, can be a daunting task. However, you should make sure that you are thinking about what features you are going to want to have in the device and how much air it moves around. Another thing that you need to make sure it does is to monitor the quality of the air in the home and then automatically adjust the fan speed to clean the air. This is perfect for those who are sensitive to chemicals or other allergic pollens and dust that might be in the air and want something that will clear it out for them.
Air Purifiers are great devices, this is because they serve a lot of useful purposes. One of such purposes is in treating Allergies. In this buying guide, you will find the best air purifiers for allergies and other useful information you need to know concerning air purifiers. Top 5 Air Purifier for Allergies 1. LEVOIT […]
IQAir HealthPro Plus air purifier is called the world’s most advanced air purifier. It has many #1 product reviews and it is one of the best for allergies and asthma. This model is for spaces up to 1125 square feet (105m2). It cost more than $750. Is it worth the money? Read below to get […]
The Oransi V-HEPA Finn is an extended life tower air purifier for rooms up to 400 square feet (37m2). An air purifier is effective, easy to use, safe, and great value. It costs around $300. Pluses: Minuses: Design, size, placement The Oransi Finn air purifier is designed to save space. Oransi says: “We invested heavily […]