Come the winters, and everyone starts searching for the most effective heating option to keep their home and office spaces warm and cozy. Infrared heaters offer an excellent alternative for efficient heating of any space without taking a toll on your budget.
We will be sharing here the reviews of the top 10 best-infrared heaters along with the relevant information to help you buy the best infrared-heater for your space.
10 Best Infrared Heaters
1. Dr. Infrared Heater, Portable Space Heater with Humidifier
The Dr. Infrared Portable Space Heater is a portable heater cum humidifier. The dual heating system of the Infrared Quartz tube and PTC has a capacity of 1500W and can work in the temperature range of 50 to 85 degrees F. The in-built humidifier uses cool mist to humidify dry air. It has a rating of around 5200BTU.
Made with Galvanized steel, the appliance has high durability. For safety, the unit is equipped with an auto shut-off timer, tip-over, and overheat protection.
If you are searching for an effective heater cum humidifier that is portable and has good safety features, Dr. Infrared Portable Space heater will be an excellent choice for you.
2. Lifesmart Room Infrared Heater with Remote
The Lifesmart Room Infrared heater comprises three quartz infrared tubes for effective heating. The eco-friendly heater with 1500 watt rating is an extremely efficient appliance for a medium-sized room. The heater is also equipped with three power settings, including the eco-mode, an auto shut-off timer, an LED display, and a remote for convenient operation.
One of the most efficient infrared room heaters for mid-size rooms, Lifesmart offers an eco-friendly solution for all your room-heating needs.
3. Dr. Infrared Heater DR-988 Garage Shop
The Dr. Infrared DR-999 heater is an excellent heater for large-sized garage, basement, and storage rooms. The highly portable heater with thermostat control has a rating of 5600 Watts. The heater’s fan provides consistent heating at the set temperature within the range of 45 and 95 degrees F.
Looking for an efficient heating solution for your large basement or workshop space? Go no beyond the highly effective Dr. Infrared DR988 Garage heater.
4. Heat Storm Deluxe Infrared Wall Heater
The first wall-mounted infrared heater, the Heat Storm Deluxe, uses their patented HMS technology to build one of the most advanced heaters. The heater comes with an adjustable thermostat controllable through an efficient remote control. The highly compact heater is also fitted with a grill that doesn’t cause burns on touching. Besides, the unit also has an auto-tip shut-off system.
If you want a heater but do not have enough floor space to spare, the Heat Storm Deluxe is a wonderful option for you.
5. Versonel Electric Wall Mount Infrared Indoor/Outdoor Heater
The Versonel Electric Wall Mount Infrared heaters are highly versatile. They can be used for indoor and outdoor areas, including garages, patios, roof areas, and so on. The heaters are very efficient and are more cost-effective than propane heaters. Besides, with no emission of any chemical or fumes, these heaters are extremely safe and healthy.
The Versonel Electric Wall Mount Infrared heater is a very cost-effective and safe heater for all your indoor and outdoor areas.
6. Optimus H-5511 Infrared Quartz Radiant Heater
The Optimus H-5511 Infrared Heater is a highly efficient heater that offers a high energy saving of up to 800 watts. The heater has a cool touch grill, auto-tip shut-off, overheating cut-off systems, and more for safety. Besides, the unit produces a very low noise level while running.
If you want a silent heating unit for your small rooms, your search ends at Optimus H-5511 Infrared Quartz Radiant Heater.
7. AmazonBasics Portable Eco-Smart Space Heater – Wood
Classically designed infrared heater, the AmazonBasics is a perfect solution for all your office and home spaces. The portable heater made with wood has high aesthetics, performance, and safety features. The heater with 750W and 1500W and eco-smart power settings can heat 1000 ft2 room sizes to temperatures between 65 to 85 degrees F. The heater includes over-heat protection for enhanced safety.
Want an aesthetic and efficient heater for your mid-size rooms? Well, the AmazonBasics Portable Eco-Smart Space Heater offers you the desired performance with impressive aesthetics.
8. Heat Storm HS-1500-PHX-WIFI Infrared Heater
Here is one more highly effective infrared heater from the house of Heat Storm. The HS-1500-PHX-WIFI Infrared Heater also uses the patented HMS technology for the highly efficient and effective heating of your rooms. The 1500 watt unit has a cool-touch design to protect against burn due to accidental touch. The high-tech unit can be Wi-Fi enabled and controlled through your smart-phone.
If you want a smart and efficient infrared heater that can save your precious floor space, shop for Heat Storm HS-1500-PHX-WIFI Infrared Heater.
9. Beurer IL50 Infrared Light Therapy, Heating Lamp
Extremely portable with adjustable direction, the Beurer IL50 Infrared Light Therapy Heating Lamp offers a straightforward way to treat your soaring cold and relax your muscles. Through its deep penetration ability, it offers quick relief from pain and inflammation by improving blood flow in your circulatory system. The therapy heating lamp comes fitted with a timer and an overheat sensor.
If you want to get relief from acute pain and inflammation, you can choose the IL50 infrared lamp from Beurer for its effective and simple healing process.
10. AirNmore Comfort Deluxe Infrared Space Heater
The AirNmore offers ideal heating for all room sizes. It comprises a PTC heating element to get rid of bulbs and provide the utmost comfort during harsh winters. The smart heater has an auto-reboot memory system to restore all the prior-settings of the unit.
If you want a heater that can cater to different sizes of rooms in a hi-tech style, go all-out with AirNmore Comfort Deluxe.
Infrared Heaters Buying Guide
We hope that our reviews of the top 10 infrared heaters would have helped you shortlist a few suitable ones for your purpose. We recommend you give a thorough read to the following buying guide to select the best heater for your specific purpose.
What is an Infrared Heater?
An infrared heater is a heater that converts electricity into infrared heat radiations. These radiations are a part of the electromagnetic spectrum. These radiations directly heat the objects without heating the air in between. Infrared heaters generate these radiations to heat the objects inside the room, including our bodies.
This is the same heat emitted by the sun. Therefore, it is the most natural form of energy, and the heating effect of an infrared heater is the same as the warmth received from the sun. In fact, our bodies also emit heat in the form of infrared radiation.
Do Infrared Heaters Work Well?
As mentioned above, the infrared heaters directly heat the objects without heating the in-between air. Hence, these radiations heat all the objects inside the room, including the walls, and build the thermal mass.
So, all the objects inside the room become a part of the thermal mass and act as different heat sources. They also start emitting heat in the surroundings. Once the entire room starts acting as the heat source, the main heater only tops the temperature.
So, the heating effect is more consistent, and therefore, infrared heaters offer more comfort than conventional heaters.
Do Infrared Heaters use a lot of Electricity?
- Traditional heaters use air as the medium to absorb and transfer heat. Air does not have very efficient heat absorption and transfer capabilities.
- So, a lot of heat is lost in this process.
- In the infrared heaters, the heat transfer is direct, so there is no heat loss in between.
- So, infrared heaters are more efficient compared to the conventional heaters
- It also means that infrared heating will require smaller heaters than traditional ones to get the same heating effect.
- So, these heaters also save on space and buying costs.
- Typically the heating efficiency of infrared heaters is 35-40% more than convection heaters.
- So, you save on the equivalent amount on purchasing and running costs of the heaters.
Are Infrared Heaters Dangerous?
Many people consider any radiation to be harmful. However, infrared radiations are the most natural type of radiation. They are the same radiations received from the sun minus the harmful UV rays. So, these radiations do not cause any hazard to any living being.
Having said, you need to take similar care while using infrared heaters as you would take while operating conventional heaters.
- So, as these heaters are also a form of heat source, you need to ensure that you do not leave them unattended in your home.
- Besides, it would help if you did not keep any inflammable object too close to the heater. Else, it may cause a fire.
- Like the other heaters, you should keep a safe distance and not sit too close to them in the case of infrared heaters.
- Finally, a common safety measure will be to keep the supply point dedicated to the heater only. Connecting so many electrical appliances to a single outlet can cause overloading and, in turn, tripping of the circuit or sparking, subsequently leading to a fire.
Can Infrared Heaters Heat a House?
Yes, for sure. They can. In fact, this is one of the most important uses of infrared heaters. Infrared radiations directly heat the objects inside the room. These objects then start emitting heat and keep the room warm and cozy.
So, it is quite understandable that the positioning of the objects inside the room influences an infrared heater’s heating effectiveness and efficiency. Small rooms, therefore, can be very easily heated up in a quick time. However, for larger rooms, you may need to connect multiple heaters for faster heating.
Are Infrared Heaters Safe to Leave Unattended?
It is not advisable to keep any heater unattended, and the same is true with infrared heaters. The energy emission rate in the case of infrared heaters is much faster than the convection heaters, and, therefore, they must be taken care of properly.
Having said, as they heat the room quickly, you do not need to keep them switched on when you are not in the room as your room will attain the desired temperature pretty quickly after you come inside the room and switch the heater on.
Things to Consider Before Buying the Best-Infrared Heaters
Many factors can influence your decision to buy an infrared heater. The following are some of those factors to consider before finalizing the heater you want to buy for your home or the office.
This is one of the major factors that determine our selection. Everyone wants the most efficient appliance at the most affordable price. However, it may not always happen that you get the cheapest heater that fulfills all your requirements. So, give due weightage to your requirements and select the most cost-effective option from the available heaters.
While evaluating the most cost-effective option, do not consider only the heater’s price but also consider the running cost and the heater’s durability.
The heater’s running cost will be dependent on the size of the room and the efficiency of the heater.
- The first and foremost requirement is to find out the heater’s size and select the model that can effectively heat that room size.
- An under-capacity heater won’t heat the room to the desired level and eat up a lot of electricity.
- On the other hand, an oversize heater will be underutilized and unnecessarily add to the heater’s initial cost.
More is the efficiency of the heater; less will be the operating cost. Comparing the Energy Efficiency Ratings (EER) of all the reviewed brands will give you a fair idea of the heater with the highest EER. Also, models having settable thermostats and timers help reduce the energy consumption of the heater.
As mentioned above, the appropriate size of the heater vis. A vis. The room size also plays an important role in determining the efficiency of the heater.
Buying an infrared heater from a reputed brand will ensure high durability. Further, refer to the reviews of each brand to understand the material used in making the heater. Select the one that offers optimum durability at a reasonable price range.
- High portability gives you the flexibility to place the heater in the room as per your requirement. You can also use the same heater in multiple rooms at different times.
- Portable heaters are generally small and lightweight.
- You should look for the wheels and handle arrangement to get maximum portability for the heavier portable heaters.
- The fixed units do not have any portability.
- You select these heaters from the safety point of view, particularly when you have kids or pets in your home.
- Some infrared heaters have limited portability.
- Usually, these heaters are kept at a single location; however, you can see them from one place to another if required.
- They are a good option to heat the larger rooms.
With both electricity and heat involved in a heater’s working, safety becomes one of the biggest areas of concern when buying an infrared heater. Some of the safety features that you should look for include,
- Auto Tip Shut Off
- Cool-to-touch Feature
- Auto Shut-off
- Shockproof Heater Body, etc.
Some other features are not essential but add to the convenience or aesthetics of the heater. Some of these features include,
- Design and Color
- Remote Control,
- Portable Generator, etc.
These were the most important and relevant information about the best-infrared heaters and the factors to consider when buying the most suitable heater for your purpose. We hope that this information helped you identify the best infrared-heater for your home or office space.