Honeywell has been in the business of making quality air purifiers for many years. Their products are known to be some of the best on the market and with good reason. They are stable, efficient, and easy to use. However, even the best of products need occasional cleaning to work at their peak performance levels.
Like most people, you seemingly didn’t know that you needed to clean your Honeywell air purifier until you started having problems with it. And even then, you may not have learned how to go about cleaning it properly. Cleaning an air purifier is not as difficult as it may seem, but there are a few things that you need to know to do it correctly.
The first thing you need to do is turn off the power supply to your home. Next, remove any filters that may be inside your air purifier. The process of cleaning a Honeywell air purifier is not at all problematic. It’s pretty simple.
All you need to do is go after the steps below, and your air purifier will be clean in no time!
In this guide, we will direct you through the process of cleaning your Honeywell Air Purifier step-by-step. We will also provide information on keeping your air purifier running smoothly for as long as possible.
Easy Steps on How to Clean a Honeywell Air Purifier
Regular cleaning of your Honeywell Air Purifier is essential for keeping it running at peak performance. Here are step-by-step procedures to clean different parts of your unit.
- Cleaning the filters: The filters should be cleaned every month, as needed. To clean them, remove them from the unit and soak them in warm water with a bit of dish soap. Soak them off and let them dry completely before reinstalling.
- Cleaning the housing: Wipe down the outside of the housing with a damp cloth to remove any dust or dirt. Please do not use strong chemicals or solvents, as they may damage the finish.
- Cleaning the fan: The fan blades can be cleaned with a vacuum cleaner. Vacuum the edges to remove any dust and debris from them.
- Cleaning the control buttons: The control buttons should be cleaned with a damp cloth, as needed.
- Cleaning the air intake: A vacuum cleaner can clean the air intake. Vacuum it to remove any dust from it.
- Cleaning the exhaust: The exhaust should be vacuumed periodically to remove dust or lint buildup.
How Often Should You Clean a Honeywell Air Purifier?
It’s essential to clean your Honeywell air purifier regularly. However, how frequently you should clean it depends on how often you use it and the type of filter you have. For example, if you have a HEPA filter, you should clean it every six months.
If your Honeywell air purifier is not cleaning the air as well as it used to, there might be something clogging up the filters or obstructing airflow through the machine.
If you have a Carbon Filter, you should clean it every three months. You can also sanitize your air purifier by using a vinegar solution. Pour a moderate cup of white vinegar into the water tank and run the unit for 30 minutes. Be sure to unplug the equipment before doing this.
What is a HEPA filter?
A HEPA filter is a class of Air Filter designed to remove microscopic particles from the air. These filters are often used in air purifiers because they can capture a high percentage of particles, including allergens and pollutants. HEPA filters can help improve the air quality in your home, and they may also help reduce symptoms of allergies or asthma.
What is a Carbon Filter?
A Carbon filter is the most critical element in an Air purifier. It is the heart of the air purifier used to remove the smell and taste in the air and is also made of activated carbon and an excellent powder made from coconut shell, coal, wood, and other plant residue. It is used to remove the smell and taste in the air. In addition, it is used for adsorption. The carbon filter absorbs the scent and the taste of the bite. It can be used for some time. The period will be different if the intensity of the smell is different. However, it generally has a life span of 6 to 12 months.
Why is it Important to Clean the Air Purifier Regularly?
Cleaning your Air purifier repeatedly can help prolong its life. Therefore, it is essential to clean the air purifier regularly. It is because your air purifier can accumulate dust and other particles over time that can affect the air quality in your home. Regularly cleaning your air purifier is a simple process that will only take you a few minutes.
Benefits of Cleaning your Air Purifier Regularly
Air cleaners are enhancing more and more popular in households. They help improve indoor air quality and avoid dust, pollen, and other allergens that can cause asthma or other respiratory problems. In addition, it helps to remove harmful particles from the air that we breathe in. A properly maintained air purifier can keep the air in your home free from bacteria, viruses, mold, and other harmful pollutants.
People Also Ask
Can the Honeywell HEPA filter be washed?
Cleaning your HEPA filter is an integral part of maintaining your air purifier. By following these tips, you can help ensure that your HEPA filter continues to work effectively and keep the air in your home tidy and healthy. If you have a HEPA filter in your air purifier, it is essential to clean it regularly to ensure that it remains to work effectively.
Steps in Cleaning your HEPA Filter
- Remove the filter from the air purifier and take it outside
- Shake off any excess dirt or debris
- Dip the filter in water for 30 minutes
- Remove the HEPA filter from the water and allow it to dry completely before replacing it in your air purifier.
How do you open a Honeywell Air Purifier?
The Honeywell air purifier has a small opening on the front of it. This opening is where you pour water in to clean the filter. To open the Honeywell air purifier, you need to turn it so that its back is facing you and then push down on the top of it with your thumbs.
Steps in Opening a Honeywell Air Purifier
- Unplug the power fiber from the electrical nozzle.
- Remove the air filter by straightening it out of the purifier housing.
- Lift on the handle to remove the front grille and filter screen assembly.
- Remove any debris that may be clogging the front grille with a vacuum cleaner nozzle and wipe dry with a neat cloth to ensure that there are no dust particles left behind on any of your surfaces.
- Replace the front grille and filter screen assembly by inserting it inside it until it clicks into place, then replace the handle by aligning its keyhole slots with those at either end of the housing.
Why is the red light on my Honeywell Air Purifier?
The red light indicates that the air purifier is in “standby” mode. This mode is activated when the air purifier is not actively running a fan or filtration. In standby mode, the air purifier will still do its job of cleaning the air, but it will not be actively circulating the air in your room. If the air purifier is not in standby mode, the light will be off.
Another factor is it’s time to change the HEPA filter. The red light will be on for a few minutes after removing the old filter. This is a safety feature to let you know that the air purifier operates and the new filter needs to be installed. Your air will be clean and fresh in no time. With the red light still on, you may notice a slight odor from the new filter, which is normal.
One of the most important things you need to clean the Air Purifier regularly. If you don’t clean your air purifier regularly, then the air purifier will not maintain the air quality.
If you want to enjoy the health benefits of a clean air purifier, you need to get it cleaned once in a while. While cleaning it more often is enough to keep your air purifier running smoothly for a long time, it is recommended that you replace the maintenance kit once a year. That’s because the maintenance kit collects a lot of dirt and becomes clogged with particles that you can’t see with the naked eye.
By regularly cleaning the Honeywell Air Purifier, you can keep your home free from the contaminants that can make people sick. The air purifier is made to remove many different pollutants from the air in your home. That’s because it uses various filters and technologies to ensure that it is doing its job. But over time, there is a buildup of these contaminants. That’s why it is essential to clean the machine regularly. Thanks for reading!