Many of us use thermometers outside the window. Maybe someone also uses them indoors. And how about hygrometers? We always want to know about the temperature and humidity conditions outdoors. These two things lead our clothing selections, dictates whether we take a hat or an umbrella that day, and defines how we use our HVAC systems. For some of us, the concern over temperature and humidity continues indoors too, especially if we have sensitive systems and valuables to protect.
Read further about the advantages of monitoring temperature and humidity conditions in and around your home, office, and other areas with a temperature and humidity monitoring system.
Three Reasons to Monitor Temperature and Humidity
Be Warned To Issues Almost Instantly
Several monitoring systems can inform you via email, text, or an old-fashioned audible alarm whenever there is a problem such as an extraordinarily high temperature, raised humidity, or a water leak from an appliance. This speeds your response time.
Reduce Repair and Maintenance Costs
I bet you would like to know about a mold infestation well before you take that trip to your summer vacation home rather than at the moment you arrive? Monitoring climatic conditions in and around your home helps you minimize your repair and maintenance costs. You’ll find out about issues sooner and have the chance to fix them faster before the damage becomes large and costly.
Protect Everything from Damage
What if you run a wine shop and have a basement that houses your most valued and deliciously aged bottles wine. Keeping the right humidity in your wine cellar (experts say 70 to 80%) is essential to keep each bottle optimally tied and block oxygen from degrading the flavor of the wine and the value of your product. Periodically checking the humidity in this situation is in your best interest as a business owner. You want to protect your inventory. The same goes for technology professionals tasked with protecting office server rooms, warehouse supervisors who need to protect stored inventory, and farmers who need to guarantee quality products for their customers.
7 Types of People Who Should Be Monitoring Temperature and Humidity
You should consider using a monitoring system if you fall into one of these categories:
- The homeowner. Monitoring temperature and humidity conditions inside and around your home help to notice an extreme increase of humidity, gauge raised or falling temperatures and find water leaks.
- You own a business. Monitoring conditions in your workspace will help you safeguard computer servers and sensible data equipment. You’ll get an early warning about issues, so you can prevent costly downtime and business los1ses.
- The gardener. Monitor the temperature and check the humidity level to protect your plants.
- The pool or spa owner. Monitoring will help you safeguard against mold-causing humidity, expensive leaks, and excessive temperatures that can destroy your facility.
- You own a wine studio. It’s in your best interest to place a reliable monitoring system inside your wine cellar or near your wine storage area to protect the quality of your collection.
- The farmer. Guard your livestock and crops by monitoring areas nearby crops, in barns, greenhouses, and other unsafe areas.
- The musician. Low humidity can change the sound and shape of your instruments. A humidity monitoring system will help you keep your instruments sounding their best.
IndoorBreathing Favorite Products for Monitoring Temperature and Humidity
On the market are lots of products that can help you set up your ideal monitoring system. Here are our favorites.
La Crosse Alerts monitors your property and sends you early warning text and e-mail alerts if temperature or humidity levels exceed your pre-set range. La Crosse Remote Monitoring Systems are easy to use – there’s no software or mobile application needed: view your sensor data anytime by logging into your own Lacrossealerts.com account with your smartphone, tablet or computer. Even more, with La Crosse, you can place the sensor on a patio, in the basement, or near a water heater, add an optional wet temperature probe to monitor water temperature in your hot tub or pool, add an optional dry temperature probe to monitor your refrigerator or freezer, add sensors around your property to monitor different areas.
Honeywell water detection alarms specifically monitor for water leaks inside and around your property. At the first signs of leaks, freezes, or excess humidity, the detector can alert your smartphone.
Leaks and frozen pipes can cause serious damage to your home. With Lyric Water Leak and Freeze detectors, you can get an immediate warning. By catching it early, you may be able to avoid costly repairs and loss of treasured items. They can be installed near trouble spots like the sump pump, water heater, washer and under sinks. Each can be personally named and registered in the Lyric App and easily connect to your home Wi-Fi network. If a leak is discovered or pipe begins to freeze, the Lyric App on your phone will alert you wherever you are.
- Works with the Honeywell Lyric App.
- Battery operated – Lasting up to three years.
- Connects to standard Home Wi-Fi directly – no need for an extra hub.
- Status LED lights and an industry-leading 100 dB buzzer helps notify a leak detection.
- Temperature, Humidity and Water Leak measurement
- DIY installation and can be set up in minutes
Acu-Rite thermometers and hygrometers are fundamental monitoring units that keep you notified of temperature and humidity conditions in a remote area. Certain units enable you to add any amount of remote sensors to grow your monitoring system for your needs. Other units function as basic wall units you’ll monitor as needed.
Getting the best cool mist humidifier is important if you want to get the real value of your purchase. Generally, humidifiers are devices that help prevent a lot of unpleasantness that comes with dry air. They do this by adding water or moisture to indoor air to increase the humidity level because during the wintertime […]
A sick building syndrome (SBS) is nothing but a particular medical condition if someone realizing any specific symptoms of feeling unwell or illness for no obvious reason. These symptoms might be increasing in the severity level with the time they spend in the building and develop over time or also disappear when they are out […]
When it comes to buying air purifiers, most people want to save money. Since these devices are becoming more and more popular, buyers are looking for air purifiers that are priced affordably with decent features. Fortunately, there are lots of affordable options out there that are just as powerful as expensive air purifiers. When you […]