If you are searching for an air conditioner that would be energy efficient and have cooling and heating functions, you want to get a single-zone mini-split AC. These are the latest models, and you can pick them based on which one fits your budget and even how powerful it is. These have been recommended by the HVAC specialists for years and are ideal for any home.
Keep reading our comprehensive guide to finding out more about these models, including the benefits of using them, what parts they have, and much more.
Top 7 Best Single Zone Mini Split Air Conditioners Reviewed
There will always be new models that are coming out when you are thinking about technology since there are changes happening. Here are just 7 of the top single zone mini ac units that you can check out, such as:
Best Overall: Senville Leto 18,000 BTU Mini Split Air Conditioner
If only the best model would do for your home or business, then Senville 18,000 BTU Mini Split AC will be at the top of your list. This Mini Split Air Conditioner comes in different BTU levels so you can pick the one that fits the best for your home. It has an airflow efficiency rate of 706 cubic feet per watt per minute, and it has a SEER rating of 17.
It comes with a remote control that is easy to use and operate, and the entire system would be easy to install.
Verdict: If you aren’t planning on installing your own air conditioning system and if you want the best model available, then this one should be checked out.
Runner Up: Pioneer Diamante Series 24,000 BTU Mini Split Air Conditioner
When you are looking at air conditioners if you don’t have a large budget and if you want a top model, then you should be looking at this one. Pioneer Diamante Series Mini Split Air Conditioners comes with various BTU options, so you get what you need without compromising on the brand. This has an 18 SEER rating and an HSPF efficiency rating of 10 while being quiet and offering plenty of cooling and heating.
Verdict: Ensure that you are looking at this model if you can’t afford the best, but don’t want to compromise in terms of what you are getting for what you are spending.
Best Budget Option: Pioneer Diamante Series 18,000 BTU Mini Split Air Conditioner
When it comes to needing a budget-friendly machine from a great brand, this would be the best model. Pioneer 18,000 BTU Mini Split AC has a good SEER level of 20 and uses a higher inverter compressor to make the machine more powerful than other models. It also has a heating HSPF level of 10 and up to 383 when it comes to CFM airflow.
Verdict: For those who don’t mind trying a new brand when it comes to air conditioners, then you should put this one on your list, especially if you want to save some money.
Senville Aura 24,000 BTU Mini Split Air Conditioner
This model comes from a famous brand in the industry, and it has a 22.5 SEER rating. It also has a 12 in the HSPF rating so it is nearly 25% better in energy efficiency than any normal split mini-air conditioning unit. Senville Aura 24,000 BTU Mini Split Air Conditioner is also extremely quiet despite the machine is very powerful, and the maximum noise level is 43 dB when on the highest level.
Verdict: If you don’t mind spending a bit of extra money and if you want a powerful machine that can both heat and cools the area down, then this machine would be ideal.
Daikin 17 Series 18,000 BTU Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioner
If you are searching for a brand that offers a longer warranty on their machines, then you want to consider this one. Daikin 17 Series 18,000 BTU Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioner will be perfect for larger rooms or homes up to 1,500 square feet so you can install it in the basement and forget about it. The SEER rating is 17 with an HSPF rating of 9 and it is pretty quiet so you don’t need to worry about it.
Verdict: When you are starting your search for an air conditioning unit, you want to check this one out if you want something powerful and quiet.
LG 18,000 BTU Single Zone Mega Mini Split Air Conditioner
When it comes to cooling down, if you want something that would work faster, LG 18,000 BTU Single Zone Mega Mini Split Air Conditioner might be the solution. For 30 minutes, this model will operate at the maximum power when turned on to ensure that the room cools down faster. The SEER rating is 18 with an HSPF rating of 9 and it would be quiet so you can use it in any room easily.
Verdict: No matter what, if you want to work with a trusted brand, then you might want to look at this option that is quiet and powerful.
Mitsubishi 18,000 BTU 18 SEER Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioner
Another great model that you can look at is this 18,000 BTU model from Mitsubishi. It has a SEER rating of 18 and this will be easy to install so you can handle it or you can call in the experts. Mitsubishi 18,000 BTU 18 SEER Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioner uses a refrigerant that is friendly to the environment, R410A, and it comes with a remote so you can easily adjust the temperature.
There is a hybrid filter that is included that will help to clean out the air and they are simple to clean up and maintain.
Verdict: If money is no object to you and you want an air conditioner from one of the best brands in the world, then make sure to check out this option.
Single Zone Mini Split AC Buying Guide
There is a lot that you should consider when it comes to purchasing your single zone mini ac unit, including exactly what they are and what parts it has. If you want to know more, then go ahead and keep reading to find out everything you should be aware of.
What is a Single Zone Mini Split?
There are larger split air conditioning units, and they can be used for the entire home, but these ones are often used for specific rooms. They are used for cooling or even heating one zone in the entire home, which can often be a bedroom, bathroom, basement, living room and other areas. These aren’t used as often for the whole home, but instead for one or 2 zones in the entire home.
What Does Mini Split System Air Conditioner Consist Of?
The mini-split systems keep all of the fuss and noise outside of your home and they are energy-efficient, comfortable and quiet. These machines have 4 different parts, including:
- Outdoor unit – The compressor would be part of this unit, and it enables the refrigerant to be compressed. It is often attached to the wall on the exterior of the home or building.
- Refrigerant lines – This is what connects both the indoor and outdoor units and allows the refrigerant to be exchanged between the units. You would need to have a hole drilled into the wall in order to install these lines.
- Indoor section – This would be the elegant and quiet part that is mounted inside your home, which could be on the basement wall, bathroom wall or bedroom wall. This has an air filter, a blower, and cooling coils.
- Mobile application and/or remote control – The last part that the machine has is either a mobile-based application or remote control. This would allow you to raise or lower the temperature when you need without having to move.
If you know what the parts are, then you would know what you need to look for after you purchase the machine.
How Does a Mini Split Air Conditioner Work?
These models have an indoor as well as an outdoor part that works and controls different parts. The outdoor machine is where the compressor and the filter are and that pulls in the hot hair and then cools it down before pushing it through the pipes to the indoor section. This then pushes the air out through the fins and it cools down the entire room where it is installed.
Mini-Split vs. Window Unit
If you are considering looking at air conditioner systems, you can be faced with the decision of going for a window unit or a mini-split one. However, if you want one that can be used for heating and that would be more ascetically pleasing, then this is the way to go. These are going to be more energy-efficient, and they will look better in the room, and they don’t need to be uninstalled when you aren’t using them.
What Does “Mini Split” Mean?
The mini spit models are smaller and less powerful models than the traditional split air conditioning units. They are typically used to cool down one zone, which can be chosen depending on where you spend your time. These are also very good at heating up a room and can be used for both your heating and cooling needs for a small home or a single room.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Mini Split Unit
When you are looking at buying a new mini split ac unit you must know some of the top factors to consider before purchasing. Some of these includes:
- Capacity (in BTU) – You should know how powerful the unit is that you are looking at since it would help you to know how big of a room it can handle. You should think about how big your room or home is and then find the perfect BTU setting that can handle it easily.
- Best Ductless AC brands – Another thing to consider is the brand since you would want one that would be reliable and have good customer service. The bigger brands have great track records, but they can charge a lot of money for their machines. Make sure that you are looking at all the brands and the reviews so you can see which one has good customer service, including the lesser-known ones.
- Energy-Efficiency – The final thing to consider is the energy efficiency of the various models you are looking at. This can be determined by the HSPF or heating seasonal performance factor and the SEER or seasonal energy efficiency ratio ratings. The higher these ratings, then the better the machine that you are getting, so don’t be afraid to compare before deciding.
Ensure that you are thinking about these factors when you are starting to narrow down the list of models that you are interested in.
Advantages of a Mini Split Air Conditioner System
Another thing that you must know about are the advantages that you would get with using these mini-split air conditioning systems. Some of the top benefits are:
- No ducts – This is an obvious benefit since you don’t have to install ducts in your home since these models don’t require it. This also means that you don’t have to hire an expert, and the cost would be much more affordable.
- Quiet – These models are also very quiet since the loudest parts are outside, which means that you will be enjoying the cool air without all of the noise. These are much quieter than the models that need to be installed directly in the home or in the windows.
- Zone-based cooling – Also, with these models you would be able to choose which rooms you want to cool down and which ones you don’t. This means that you can easily install them in your bedroom or other areas in the home for localized cooling.
- Heating – Another great advantage is that these machines are also efficient for heating the same area during the winter. This means that you won’t require 2 different systems for cooling as well as heating.
- Energy-efficient – If you are installing the machines in the rooms that you want to cool off, then the machines are more likely to be energy efficient. No more energy wasting in rooms that you aren’t using when you can direct it where it is needed.
These are just a few of the top advantages that one should know about when it comes to the single zone mini air conditioner systems.
How to Install a Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioner
If you have all of the right equipment and the installation kit, then installing these machines can be easy. Here are some of the steps that you would need to take when it comes to installation, including:
- Pick the right unit for your needs and ensure that it has the installation kit that is required.
- Choose the wall that you want the interior part to be installed on and find the studs.
- Screw the braces into place on the studs before placing the indoor unit on top
- Ensure that you are pushing the tubing, wires, and bundled pipes through the hole to the outside of your home
- Pick where you want the outdoor unit to be installed, which could be on the roof, on a wall, or even on the ground.
- Mount your condenser and double-check that all of the tubing and pipes are connected
- Have an expert undertake an inspection to ensure that everything is installed properly
For those who aren’t sure if they know what they are doing, then you can call the experts to handle this job for you. This is a great way to ensure that everything is put together properly, and the experts can do an inspection of the machine as well.
Can I install these machines myself?
These can be installed on your own if you know what you are doing. However, the installation process can be complicated, so if you are unsure you might want to consider hiring the experts to handle it.
What makes up a zone?
There isn’t any set zone that you can choose from, but instead you can install these in an area that would encompass the areas you want to cool down. A zone could be any space in your home that would be cooled or heated by these machines.
How frequently does the filter need to be cleaned?
These machines have heavy-duty filters, and they need to be cleaned after around 400 hours of usage. You should also replace them completely after 6 to 8 years, which is their typical lifespan.
Does the outdoor unit require cleaning?
You can clean the outdoor unit, but you should just wipe it down or talk to the experts about what is required. They can either undertake the cleaning for you or ensure that you know what is required during the process.
Make sure that you are looking at all of the single zoned mini air conditioner units that are available and that you pick the one that fits your needs. There is plenty to consider, including the price, the size of the room, energy efficiency, and so much more. If you are choosing the right model, then you will save money, so don’t be afraid to check these ones out or do your own research.