Santa Fe Compact 2 is a very powerful dehumidifier. It provides 70 pints per day of moisture removal at standard grade conditions (80°F and 60% RH).
Santa Fe will cover up to 2,200 square feet in large areas. This dehumidifier is unique because no other such powerful dehumidifier is available in such a small size.
Its small size also hides many features but is about to read further in this review.
Table of Contents
Santa Fe Compact 2 Design and Size
Santa Fe Compact 2, as you may understand from its name, is a compact dehumidifier. It measures only 12 inches tall by 12 inches wide and 21 inches deep, designed for crawlspaces.
Santa Fe has a horizontal arrangement and a flow-through design. A rotatable drain outlet provides for horizontal or vertical discharge.
Santa Fe Compact 2 weighs 55 pounds (25kg), and if you want casters, you must buy them separately.
Santa Fe Compact 2 Features
Like many other dehumidifiers, Santa Fe Compact 2 has many great features.
- Auto Restart feature allows the dehumidifier to restart in the previous setting after a power interruption.
- Auto Defrost. Santa Fe Compact 2 operates strongly in temperatures down to 49 degrees F. In moderate temperatures, an automatic defrost system shuts off running and immediately melts frost so the unit can continue normal operation.
- 2-Stage Air Filtration. The dehumidifier has a foam pre-filter and MERV-13 filter. Filters defend the dehumidifier’s internal parts and capture irritating allergens.
- Santa Fe Compact 2 is a continuous drain capable. The 8ft long drain hose is included.
Santa Fe Compact 2 Noise level
Santa Fe Compact 2 dehumidifier has only one fan speed, making 55.3 dB noise from 6 feet away. That is not very quiet but also not too loud noise.
Pre-Filter. One is included in the package. It is cleanable but not imperishable. So you will need one approximately a year after the dehumidifier purchase.
MERV 13 Filter. One is included in the package. It should be replaced every 6 months.
Pump Kit. You can use it as an alternative drainage method. It is easy to set up and use. The pump Kit includes a 20-foot drain hose, which allows you to use this kit to route water to spaces not easily obtainable from the unit. Includes a 1-year manufacturer warranty.
Risers give Santa Fe 6 inch elevation. Read more information about risers here.
Acu-Rite Remote Hygrometer Not included. It is excellent for controlling remote conditions either inside or outside your home. The remote sensor can be located in a weather-protected area outside or on any level of your home.
Acu-Rite shows you:
- The current outdoor temperature and direction temperature are trending.
- Current Outdoor Humidity
- Day of the Week
- Moon Phase
- Current Indoor Temperature and direction temperature is trending.
- Current Indoor Humidity
- Min/max memory of temperature and humidity in each area
- And more.
Santa Fe Compact 2 Maintenance and upkeep
Energy Star-Qualified. The Compact 2 matches Energy Star guidelines for efficient and money-saving performance. The maximum wattage is 580 W. Competitors AlorAir 198PPD and Aprilaire 1820 70 Pints consume way above 600 watts.
Santa Fe requires cleaning the pre-filter every 6 months and replacing the MERV-13 filter every 6 months.
Overall, the Santa Fe Compact 2 dehumidifier is a fantastic machine, quality made. Its dual filtering makes it an efficient air detergent.
The unit is quite quiet and will hold the humidity level in the crawlspace right where you want it. And it is Made in America.