AlorAir 198PPD 90 Pints Basement Dehumidifier Review
If you are looking for something that will take some of the extra water out of the air in any room, then you need to be looking for the right dehumidifier. There are so many options that you can consider when it comes to the larger models that it can be hard to decide which one to go for. However, here is our review of the AlorAir 198PPD 90 pints basement dehumidifier that you can use to help you to make your decision regarding if this is the one for you or not.
This is an extremely easy machine to use and you can change the settings regarding the humidity that you want to have. This is 90 pints and it can last for at least day before you need to empty the water tank, but you can use the drainpipe to keep it draining continuously if you don’t want to keep emptying it. This might be an expensive machine, but it is worth the money that you are going to spend on it in the long run.
- Extremely quiet
- Ideal for rooms up to 1,300 square feet
- Small in size
- Can be used in homes, museums, bars, restaurants, apartments, shops, factories and much more
- Comes with a remote control that you can use to adjust the settings
- Continuous draining compatible
- Good 5-year warranty (for various parts) and customer service when required
- Replacement parts are sent quickly after contacting customer service
- Website is in Chinese and not English, which can be difficult to understand
- More expensive machine than other available models
- Have to download the user manual from the internet
- The remote control must be purchased separately
You would also want to make sure that you are aware of what the performance levels are of this machine and what you can expect from it.
- Energy Efficiency – The AlorAir 198PPD 90 pints basement dehumidifier is extremely energy efficient since it only uses 3.6A with COP along with 2.4L per Kwh. It would take out a lot of the water in the air without using a lot of electricity, which would save you some money in the long run when it comes to your utility bills.
- Noise level – This isn’t one of the quietest machines that you can get, but it isn’t one of the loudest either. It has a sound of 58 dBa. This means that you aren’t going to want to put it in your bedroom, but instead, you should keep it in an area where a bit of extra noise isn’t going to be missed or even bothersome.
- Moisture Removal – This is a good machine and it would remove around 198 pints of water per day in a room of around 1,300 square feet. This is perfect for a smaller home or even an apartment where you just want to get rid of the extra water. It can be done using the tank that would collect the water or by using a hose for the continuous draining feature to make it easier to use.
These are just some of the main performance factors that you would want to think about and you need to pick the right one for your needs. This is always something that you would want to take into consideration as well as compare with the other models that you are thinking of buying to make the right choice.
Key Features and Functionality
You are going to need to be aware of what are some of the key features of the AlorAir 198PPD 90 pints basement dehumidifier. There is plenty to be aware of, such as:
- Continuous draining – If you don’t want to keep emptying the water tank a few times a day, then you should use the continuous draining feature with the included hose.
- Remote – There is also a feature that would allow you to use this machine with remote control, but the only thing is that you have to purchase it separately.
- Defrosting – Whenever it is cold the air is going to get lower in temperature and that might mean problems with your machine. However, this one has a defrosting capability that works at around 36°F so you don’t have to worry about anything.
- Corrosion protection – The machine is also protected from any corrosion on the inside by the use of epoxy, which prevents anything inside from getting corroded by leaking Freon or even the heat.
- 5-year warranty – The AlorAir 198PPD 90 pints basement dehumidifier also has a 5-year warranty when it comes to the condenser, evaporator, and compressor, but it doesn’t cover the refrigerant or labor.
- High quality – The machine is extremely high quality and it can be used for days and weeks on end without having to worry about a single thing. The machine is small enough it can be moved to a corner and forgotten about until the tank needs to be emptied or you want to change the settings.
- Auto-restart – Also, if the power goes out your machine would turn back on with the settings that you have already pre-set rather than you having to input them in again. This is important since it might happen while you are gone and you wouldn’t be there to change it.
- Energy-efficient – This model is also energy efficient so you don’t need to worry about using it on a daily basis all day. It won’t run up your utility bill, but instead, it is going to save you money over time.
Make sure that you are aware of what the features are so that you can use this information to make the right decision for your needs. Knowing the various features for the AlorAir 198PPD 90 pints basement dehumidifier will make it easier if you need to compare it to other models while making your choice.
Ease of Use and Maintenance
The AlorAir 198PPD 90 pints basement dehumidifier is going to be extremely simple to use, especially if you are using the remote control. You can have it installed and it is protected from all types of corrosion, which means you would just need to take the filter out. The coils are epoxy coated, which means that they aren’t going to erode or warp because of the heat that is created while this machine is being used. The filters just need to be rinsed and it comes with an additional 2 filters so you don’t have to buy anything right away.
This is going to be one of the best machines that are out there if you have nearly $1,300 to spend on it. It is perfect for putting in a basement where you wouldn’t have to listen to the machine and it can get plenty of moisture out of the air on a daily basis using either the water tank or the continuous draining feature. Go ahead and think about this option if you are looking for something that can handle a small home or even an apartment that would fit within your budget. We would recommend this if you can handle the price tag, so put this machine on your list.
Meaco first started in 1991 by Chris and Michelle Michael with their aim was to specialize in control and monitoring equipment for art galleries and museums. Nowadays, they built a range of products which include Thermo hygrometers, thermohygrographs, and other museum oriented measurement instruments. However, they also manufacture a line of reliable domestic units of […]
Friedrich D50BPA 50-Pint Dehumidifier will work easily in spaces up to 1000 square feet large. Friedrich D50BPA has many features such as internal condensate pump, full bucket indicator/Auto shut off, humidistat, electronic controls and more. This dehumidifier has three ways for draining accumulated moisture and it costs around $250-280. Fabulous value! Pluses: Minuses: Design and […]
The Santa Fe Compact 2 a very powerful dehumidifier. It provides 70 pints per day of moisture removal at standard grade conditions (80°F and 60% RH). Santa Fe will cover up to 2200 square feet in large areas. This dehumidifier is unique because there is no other such a powerful dehumidifier available in such a […]