Of all the air comfort brands out there, Whynter has emerged as one of the most impressive. It has rolled out an innovative eco-friendly, chlorofluorocarbon-free, and very efficient portable air conditioner – the Whynter ARC-14S 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner. Apart from being free from lead, this is one air conditioner that ensures you remain cool while also protecting the environment and making the most responsible energy use.
- Real Eco-Friendly Product: A lot of effort went into designing the Whynter GREEN ARC-14S portable air conditioner. It is environment-friendly, has no CFC (which damages the ozone layer and worsen climate change), and utilizes GREEN Are-410A refrigerant. It is also made with lead-free RoHS-compliant parts; another pointer to preserve the environment is a major goal for this brand.
- Efficiency via Sophisticated Technology: Another major benefit with this air conditioner is that as a result of the advanced auto drain system in it, it can utilize and re-use moisture. This moisture is collected when the cooling unit is working to cool the environment. To speed up cooling, there is a dual hose that comes with the package. Hence, it can provide cooling for an area of up to 500 square feet.
- Competent Unit: This air conditioner can provide lasting cooling for as much as 500 square feet of space. That means you can use it in any of your spaces.
- Durability: One of the ways you will get good value for your money when you buy this portable air conditioner. It is designed to last for as long as possible. It has a cover with a pocket that provides maximum protection for the unit and the other parts like the window kit, exhaust hose (which has a maximum length of 60 inches), user manual, and the remote control. The same cover also protects from dirt, dust, and other particles that might want to gather on the unit wherever it is fixed.
- Speed: As a result of the fact that this air conditioner unit comes with a dual hose, it can provide cooling for a room faster than other similar models in the same niche.
- Excessive Accessories: Some customers have complained that the product has too many accessories that have to be purchased separately. These include the 3M antimicrobial filter, window slide bars, hose extender sets, exhaust hose, etc.
- Air Flow Issues: Some customers also have complaints regarding airflow. For such customers, the complaint is that the airflow is not directional. For some other customers, the problem is that the air conditioning unit produces hot air when it is supposed to be releasing cool air.
Design, Size & Warranty
- The unit dimensions are as follows: 16 X 19 X 35.5 inches, and the net weight is 80 pounds while the gross weight is 100 pounds. The dimensions outlined above are for the width, depth, and height, respectively. With just 80 pounds as its weight, it is portable and not difficult to move around. As for the package dimensions, the measurements are thus: 21’’ for the width X 19’’ for the depth and 46’’ for the height.
- It is available in black and platinum colors. It typically comes with a two-tone design of the exterior casing.
- It is easy to move around and shift from place to place as it comes with casters that have been specifically fitted to allow for maximum maneuverability.
As for portability, this product is straightforward to move around. Apart from the weight, it also comes with casters that make mobility very stress-free.
This air conditioner unit has a one year warranty, and the compressor has a warranty that lasts for up to three years.
- 3-Speed Fan Feature: The air conditioner unit also comes with a fan with three different speed modes. This is also an ability to work as a dehumidifier that clears moisture with incredible efficiency.
- Dehumidifier Function: The dehumidifier can handle as much as 101 pints every 24 hours.
- Efficient Filtration System: The product can swiftly and effectively filter the atmospheric air as it comes with a carbon air filter and a washable pre-filter, fully compatible with a 3M filter.
- Eco-Friendly Refrigerant: The makers of this portable air conditioner also have the environment in mind. For this reason, they are making use of refrigerants and coolants that do not harm the environment. For this particular model, the refrigerant used is the R-410A.
When it comes to the noise level, Whynter’s air conditioner is not the loudest, but it is ideal for use in homes, offices, and other spaces. Its noise level is below 56dBA, and that is within an acceptable range for portable air conditioners.
Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER)
Its maximum power consumption is 1250W/10.8A. It also has an impressive energy efficiency ratio (EER) of 11.2, and that means you do not have to break a bank before you can maintain this airconditioning unit. It is pocket-friendly to maintain, unlike many other similar air comfort products in the market.
Installation and Usage
This air conditioner is one of the easiest to install, and that is because it comes with a comprehensive installation kit. Using it comes without any stress; it is energy efficient and costs relatively little every year to maintain.
Whynter does not just produce any products; it is an industry leader for air quality/comfort products. This particular brand is a good investment in all ramifications. For anyone who wants a cheap portable air conditioner and delivers excellently, this is a perfect option. If there is a list of best portable air conditioner 2020, this will surely feature on the list because of the reasons already outlined above.
When you start looking for air conditioners for your home, the first thing to consider is the BTU level you want. The best one is the 8000 BTU, which is ideal for rooms of around 300 to 350 square feet, so make sure to check them out. If you want to know more about making […]
If you want a bigger room to be cooled down, you need a 6,000 BTU air conditioner, and these can be portable and window units. You should consider a lot when it comes to this, including the pros, cons, and much more. If you want to know more about these models, then keep reading our […]
When it comes to your home, you want to make sure that you have the best air conditioner that can help to cool the area down. This means that you should be looking at both portable and window units that have a 5,000 BTU level. Ensure that you know what models would work the best […]