Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 70 Pints Dehumidifier Review
Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 70 Pints Dehumidifier is one of the best sellers and called one of the best dehumidifiers on the market. It works very efficiently and quickly, it is quiet, extremely durable, and very flexible. It will work in areas up to 1300 square feet (120 square meters).
Design and Size
The FFAD7033R1 is a modern-looking sleek and slim design dehumidifier made of high-quality materials. A great feature is the tank window ring. The display is placed on the top of the unit. It has a modern feel and design.
A dehumidifier is portable, it is equipped with easy-rolling caster wheels and a top carrying handle. Very easy to move the unit from space to space. Plus, manual and continuous drainage make it more flexible. Just pick the right draining method for the space at hand.
The FFAD7033R1 weighs 47 pounds (21 kg) which are close to competitors’ weight. Height x width x depth is 24 x 15 x 12 inches.
- Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 is equipped with many features.
- Humidity control. You can choose a value between 35% to 85%, so the room is maintained at a comfortable humidity. Humidity can be set in 5% increments. After you set the desired humidity, the display will show actual room humidity.
- The FFAD7033R1 has 3 fan speeds – high, medium, and low. Higher fan speed will result in faster moisture removal.
- The “Compressor” circuit has an automatic 3 minute time delayed start if the unit is turned off and on quickly. This prevents overheating of the compressor and possible circuit breaker tripping.
- The FFAD7033R1 has a clean filter light that will illuminate after 250 hours of use.
- A timer enables you to set start or stop time. You can set any time in the choice from half-hour to 24 hours.
- The full tank alert system will notify you when the tank is full. The FFAD7033R1 has also added an extra bucket full indicator light to the front of the unit, this light will constantly blink when the bucket is full, removed, or not placed accurately.
- The dehumidifier has an auto-shutoff function. The unit shuts off when the water tank is full of saving energy and protecting against spills.
- If the FFAD7033R1 goes out due to unexpected power off, it will restart automatically with the same settings as before.
- Low-temperature operation. The unit is designed to operate between 41 °F (5 °C), and 90 °F (32 °C). The unit will not work well if the temperature is out of this range, or the performance of the dehumidifier will fall greatly. Auto defrost automatically decreases frost buildup so the unit can continue extracting moisture in low temperatures down to 41 degrees F.
- A continuous drain option is available. The drain hose is not included but you will have a drain hose adapter in the package. If you want to drain moisture upward you will have to add an external condensate pump.
At close distance, the Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 produces 61dB of noise on high fan speed and 57 dB on low fan speed. That is less than most competitors in the 70 pints size class.
At long distance, the Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 produces 53 dB of noise on high fan speed and 49 dB of noise on low fan speed. That is very close to the competitors’ noise.
Maintenance and upkeep
Clean the filter every two weeks if you use a dehumidifier every day. Filter removal is an easy process just pull the tabs and then take out the filter. The filter should be washed with clean water and then dry it without using any fans or dryers.
Water bucket for a 70-pint dehumidifier is small and you have to clean bucket regularly with warm water and detergent.
Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 provides budget-friendly and energy-saving operation. This model is energy star qualified. On max fan speed, it uses 745 watts.
Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 70 pints dehumidifier is an excellent moisture eliminator. It has a lot of features, it works quickly and efficiently.
Low-Temperature Operation (41 degrees F and under)
Practical room size (sq.ft./m2)
1300 / 121
13.1 pints / 6.2 liters
Removable water container
Internal condensate pump
Continuous drain capable
Drain hose included
Drain hose length
Number of fan speeds
35% – 85%
Filter cleaning and (or) replace
Washable, clean when needed
49 – 53 dB
Energy usage (max)
Size (inches / centimeters)
Height: 24 / 61
Width: 15 / 38
Depth: 12 / 30
Weight (pounds / kg)
47 / 21.3
1 year limited + 5 years limited on sealed system
Overall Rating (max 5)
10% Noise level
20% Maintenance & Upkeep
Other useful resources
Visit my blog for other dehumidifier reviews!
Read my full dehumidifier buying guide here.
See Indoorbreathing dehumidifier comparison charts. (Dehumidifiers by price and pints).
Other Dehumidifiers Reviews:
If you are having some problems with high levels of humidity in your home, then a dehumidifier is a must-have item that will solve such problems. Haier is a well-established brand that offers some of the best basement dehumidifiers you can find including the DE65EM model. Quick Review Summary Haier is a well-known Chinese manufacturer. […]
General Electric is a household name all over the world and they produce a large number of products with operations in almost every corner of the economy. Furthermore, they are so popular being behind design & engineering operations that produce advanced products available in so many sectors. Commonly, their products offer a great balance of […]
A large basement can offer a great space for multiple usages. However, if not maintained properly, they may become the source of a lot of serious issues. Basements usually have high levels of humidity, and if not checked in time, it may be very detrimental to the health of the people working in the area […]