Goodman is a brand that is widely respected within the air conditioning niche. It is known for making some of the most reliable central air conditioners known for their outstanding efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and overall superior performance. The focus of this review is the product DSXC18 of this timeless brand.
- Efficiency: As an ENERGY STAR product, this central air conditioner prevents greenhouse gas emissions by meeting the very stringent energy efficiency guidelines as outlined by the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- First-Class Customer Care: Customers are often excited about how fast the Goodman brand responds to all their problems. Issues are swiftly resolved for any owner at any point in time. Unlike some other brands that take forever to respond, Goodman is totally in a class of its own.
- Real Value for Money: The Goodman central air conditioner has an excellent combination of cost expended features. Many other similar central air conditioners cannot match this. If you are looking for massive savings on a high-quality central air conditioner, this is the real deal.
- Quality and Reliability: When it comes to having to trust and rely on a central air conditioner, the Goodman DSXC18 central air conditioner is the real deal.
- Installation Issues: When it comes to the installation, some users have complaints. This is because appropriate sizing and installation of the equipment are important before optimal performance can be achieved. The units also have to be matched with the right coil components that meet the requirements outlined by relevant government agencies.
Design, Size & Warranty
The cooling capacity BTU is 23400 Btu/H, and the tonnage varies from two to five tons. The product shipping weight is 226.000 lbs. The dimension measures 40 inches in height, 35-3/4 inches for the width, and 35-3/4 inches for the dimension of the depth.
The Goodman DSXC18 central air conditioner comes with a comprehensive warranty package covering defects in the materials and artistry that can be encountered under standard use and routine maintenance. If unregistered, the warranty can last for as long as five years after installation.
Performance (Compressor options)
The Goodman DSXC18 central air conditioner comes with a two-stage scroll compressor. The two-stage scroll compressor can operate at either full capacity or even 65% capacity, all depending on heating or cooling demands.
Whichever one the user wants, they will get optimal cooling or heating performance from this central air conditioner. Because of this impressive operational flexibility, the unit can offer a very energy-efficient alternative against conventional, single-stage air conditioners.
Another thing that must be stated about the unit concerning the compressor is that it has a high-pressure switch that stops the system from working when the pressure is too high. This it does by closing off the compressor circuit if the pressure is beyond what it was designed for. When the refrigeration system is working at a lower pressure than the designated point, the low-pressure monitor is activated so that the compressor unit does not freeze.
- High-Level Performance: Because it comes with an electronically-commutated motor (ECM), this air conditioner ensures two modes when it comes to operation. The mode of operation is going to be dependent on the amount of airflow that is needed. This also contributes to its energy efficiency compared with the other similar models and versions in the same range.
- Ease of Control: This unit has been designed to regulate and communicate flawlessly with the ComfortBridge Controls System, which allows you to remotely monitor and coordinate the management of the cooling and heating systems. All this can be done with the click of a button as long as there is Internet access. In other words, it is straightforward to use and manage from practically anywhere.
- Stress-Free Maintenance: This air conditioner unit has a filter drier that allows for proper absorption and filter of all the extra moisture and contaminants. Because these filter driers play such an important role in refrigeration and air conditioning systems, they contribute significantly to the unit’s durability.
This unit is designed to keep noise to the barest minimum, and many features are put in place to ensure this. A good example of this is a high-density foam compressor blanket that ensures that noise is reduced drastically whenever the compressor is at work.
Energy Efficiency / SEER (seasonal energy efficiency ratio)
As far as efficiency is concerned, this is one of the best in its range. Its SEER rating is an impressive 18, and it is energy certified. It is an ENERGY STAR certified product, which means it is recognized by the United States Environmental Protection Agency and has been given certification by an EPA-approved certification agency.
One of the reasons it can achieve this level of energy efficiency is its design. It comes with coil tubes made from copper alongside improved aluminum fins. These dramatically increase the surface area available for heat absorption, leading to an excellent and energy-efficient performance as far as heat transfer is concerned.
Installation and Usage
Many measures have been put in place to ensure that the installation is as easy as possible. For example, the unit comes with enough refrigerants needed for all the tubes while installing. When fixing, wires are typically connected using big screw lugs, which speeds up the overall installation and wiring time. The color-coded strips at the terminals also assist the technicians in making a swift installation.
For central air conditioners, there are several options. However, the Goodman DSXC18 central air conditioner is truly in a class of its own. From superior performance to maximal efficiency, this is a central air conditioner that you will get maximal value for the money spent.
Amana is a very reliable brand when it comes to central air conditioners. Of all their models, the ASXC18 stands out as one of the most efficient, budget-friendly, and easy to maintain. The Amana ASXC18 central air conditioner is going to be the product of this review. Pros Cons Design, Size & Warranty The air […]
Bryant has come up with its fantastic Preferred Series air conditioners, and whether you go for the one or two-stage unit or even the Preferred Compact model, you can be sure of getting the best indoor comfort. These air conditioners are designed to give you steady and quiet performance over time. Pros Cons Design, Size […]
There are several brands out there for air conditioners, but Amana truly stands out. The Amana ASX14 central air conditioner is one of its products that has found favor with many clients. This is one air conditioner that can be truly described as reliable and excellent. It is affordable, efficient, and effortless to maintain. Pros […]