Bryant Preferred Central Air Conditioner Review
Bryant has come up with its fantastic Preferred Series air conditioners and whether you go for the one or two-stage unit or even the Preferred Compact model, you can be sure of getting the best indoor comfort. These air conditioners are designed to give you steady and quiet performance over time.
- Efficiency: The Bryant Preferred central air conditioner series are some of the most energy-efficient in the industry.
- Dehumidification: It offers excellent humidity management from its two-stage unit when used with the Bryant Housewise Wi-Fi thermostat.
- Ease of Use: You can manage and control the unit from a distance via the Bryant Housewise Wi-Fi thermostat.
- Attractive Design: Its catchy heavy-gauge sheet metal construction, baked-on powder paint, and the louvered steel coil guard contribute to its overall appearance. These are also features of the DuraGuard Plus protection package that comes with each unit.
- Installation Issues: Owing to the efficiency regulations put in place by the Department of Energy, some compact models may not be fit for installation in the southwest and southeast regions of the United States. Once again, you need to consult with your local Bryant HVAC contractor for more details on this.
Design, Size & Warranty
- Two-Stage Design: The Bryant Preferred Series air conditioners with two-stage capabilities are designed to offer you minimal energy consumption, steady indoor temperatures, noiseless function, and efficient humidity management.
- Controls Placement: The units come with high and low-pressure switches fixed on them. This is in addition to the eight-pole fan motor and the two-stage scroll compressor which can be used alongside a regular thermostat.
The product comes with a compressor and parts warranty that lasts for 10 years.
Performance (Compressor options)
With its two-stage scroll type, the compressor offers the highest levels of efficiency. It is so efficient that its capacity ranges from two to five tons. The two-stage operation allows for longer low cycle cooling to reduce fluctuation of temperature.
- Eco-Friendliness: The Bryant Preferred central air conditioners make use of the highly-esteemed Puron refrigerant. This is one refrigerant that is known for not causing any damage to the fragile ozone layer, hence, it is correctly described as being environmentally-friendly. It is the ozone layer that protects our planet from dangerous radiation streaming in from outer space.
- Durability: One thing with the Bryant Preferred central air conditioners is that they last very long. This is because of some unique features that have been integrated into them. A good example is the DuraFlow louvered grille which covers the coils and another is the DuraGuard protection feature.
The latter offers protection to the central air conditioner against the weather and this contributes to making it more durable and reliable when it comes to functioning. But that is not even all that contributes to the durability, there is also the inclusion of galvanized steel, and that makes it even a lot more durable.
- Excellent Post-Purchase Services: A very good example of Bryant taking care of its customers even after purchase, is the warranty deal. For example, if you have any problem with the unit after purchasing it, there is the 10-year compressor and parts warranty that can come to your rescue.
However, for you to fully enjoy this, you must do the registration of your central air conditioner with Bryant within 90 days of installation. This is because failure to do so means you will have just five years of warranty coverage. The deal is good but does not expect a lifetime warranty as with other brands, Bryant does not offer lifetime warranty packages.
Regarding the level of the noise generated, the Bryant models are not the quietest but they are also not the loudest by any means. With average sound output measured at about 71.4 decibels, these models are somewhat manageable. But even at that, they are not going to disturb you or others in the house with noise.
Energy Efficiency / SEER (seasonal energy efficiency ratio)
The Bryant Preferred central air conditioner is one of the most energy-efficient models you are going to find in the market. It surpasses the least minimum seasonal energy efficiency ratio of 13 because its SEER performance is as high as 21. When it comes to the best SEER ratings, Bryant Preferred ranks at the very top of the list.
These models also meet all the requirements needed to get an Energy Star certification, which is a designation from the United States Department of Energy to give recognition to products that maximize energy efficiency. If you are looking for the perfect combination of affordability and energy efficiency in an air conditioner, this is one brand that you can trust and rely on to deliver at any time and for as long as possible.
Installation and Usage
Installation is best handled by a local representative of the brand and this is because some degree of technical skills will be needed to fix it in place. As for the usage, it is as flawless as it gets with this central air conditioner. It has advanced summer dehumidification via two-stage operation and it is as low as a dishwasher as the noise level is just about 72 decibels.
Honestly, if your choice is to go for a noiseless air conditioning unit that saves a lot of energy, any of the Bryant Preferred central air conditioners will be a very cool option for you. Each central air conditioner comes with its own customized louvered coil guard, impressive energy-efficient systems and of course, its environment-friendly refrigerant. This is one investment in an air conditioner that is definitely worth your money.
The indoor thermometers are important as they give you an idea of the inside temperatures helping you in adjusting your air conditioner to your comfort level. However, knowing the outdoor temperatures would help you plan your daily activities in a better way. You can dress up to suit the outside ambient temperature or plan to […]
If you enjoy sitting outdoors on your porch or patio during the summers, a good quality outdoor ceiling fan would be your best companion in helping you experience a cool breeze of fresh air. Besides, it would also add to the decoration of your outdoor area. You can select from the many stylish and effective […]
The bedroom ceiling fan has many advantages that many homeowners tend to ignore. Apart from providing a cool breeze independently, it also offers significant savings in energy costs when running along with the AC. Besides, the ceiling fan also enhances the interior decoration of your bedroom. Selecting a ceiling fan for your bedroom among so […]