Koldfront WTC8001W Through-the-Wall Air Conditioner Review
If you are on a lookout for an AC which can effectively cool and heat smaller spaces, Koldfront WTC8001W Through-the-Wall Air Conditioner is the right air-conditioner for your purpose.
The Koldfront brand of Living Direct Inc. is a reputed name in the segment of air-conditioning appliances.
The WTC8001W model of Koldfront offers highly efficient performance to cool room sizes of up to 350 square feet and supplemental heating to up to 100 square feet.
The cost of AC together with the running cost makes it a highly affordable AC for smaller spaces.
- Very efficient for small spaces
- Highly affordable
- Easy to install
- Excellent customer service
- Can only provide supplemental heating
- Not suitable for larger spaces
Design, Size, and Warranty
The unit is constructed mainly with metal and plastic frames. It can withstand long usage with proper care.
The control panel of the AC is located on the left upper corner of the front panel.
The cubical AC has dimensions of 14.5” X 24.25” X 20.375” and weighs 65 lbs.
The manufacturer offers 2 years warranty on parts and labor.
- It runs on 115 volts. It has Amperage ratings of 12/ 7.8 A, and Wattage of 1320/ 890 watts respectively for heating and cooling functions.
- You can easily control temperature settings and fan speed without getting up through highly convenient remote control.
- The unit runs at three different fan speeds.
- The energy saver mode operates in a cycle of 2-10 minutes. The fan switches on for 2 minutes after every 10 minutes and the compressor turns on as soon as the temperature of the room goes beyond the target temperature.
- It has a control panel that also includes a digital display.
- The unit can provide very effective cooling in an area of 350 square feet.
- It can provide supplemental heating of 100 square feet.
- The dehumidification capacity of the unit is around 45 pints per day.
- You can use the digital thermostat and digital display to set the target temperature. In addition, you can also control energy saver mode, timers, and different fan speeds.
- You can use the 24-hour timer to set different timer functions.
- AC has four modes of operation including the dry mode that is used for dehumidification.
- It can maintain the temperature from 62°F to 86°F.
- Sleep Function in the AC is very useful to save energy. The sleep mode keeps adjusting the temperature regularly to a comfortable level and finally returns to the target temperature.
- The digital thermostat helps in effectively controlling the heating and cooling of the room.
- You do not need to sit at a fixed place in a room. The four-way louvers can effectively cover the entire area of your room.
- The AC uses R-410A refrigerant agent. It is an eco-friendly refrigerant recognized by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
The WTC8001W model of Koldfront AC generates a noise of around 56.5dB.
Energy Efficient Ratio & BTU Cooling
It has an Energy Efficient Ratio (EER) of 9.6
BTU Cooling & Heating
The unit has a BTU cooling rating of 8000 BTUs and a BTU heating rating of 4200 BTUs.
Though it is not very difficult to install WTC8001W AC, yet taking professional installers is always better than doing it on your own.
Even if you do not want to take professionals’ help, handling 65 lbs weight would require two people to install it through-the-wall.
The unit is equipped with all hardware and fittings required to install the AC including the weather seals.
Before installing you should ensure that:
- The pipes and conduits are safe from damage while you are making holes in the wall.
- The hole size is in accordance with the unit size including the wall sleeve dimensions.
- The place of installation of AC provides enough ventilation.
- The AC is suitable for standard 115V electrical power supply. Therefore, you can use the existing plug type for providing to the unit.
WTC8001W AC is suitable for small to medium spaces. Though it may not be suitable for the large conference rooms, yet they are pretty effective in maintaining comfortable temperatures in large bedrooms, drawing rooms, and office cabins, etc.
The maintenance needs are pretty simple and easy to perform. It only requires cleaning the outer cabinet and air filter of the air conditioner.
While carrying out any maintenance activity ensure to disconnect the power supply of the air conditioner.
Air Filter Cleaning
The air from outside enters the AC through the air filter. The air filter traps the dust particles of the incoming air. With time, this filter accumulates a lot of dust and restricts airflow of the air entering inside the AC thus, reducing its cooling capacity.
That is why air cleaners need regular cleaning. You can follow simple steps to clean the air filter of the unit:
- Open the front cover
- Hold the air filter handle from both the hands firmly. The handle is on the top side of the Front Grille.
- Pull it up and then take the filter out.
- Make a solution of lukewarm water and soft liquid soap.
- Wash the filter gently with the solution.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Allow the filter to dry.
- Fit the filter back in the reverse order.
Cabinet and Front Cleaning
- Take a clean piece of cloth.
- Make a solution of lukewarm water and soft liquid soap.
- Soak the piece of cloth in the mixture and squeeze out the excess water.
- Softly rub the outer surface of the cabinet and the front.
- Take a dry cloth and wipe the damp surfaces with the dry cloth.
- You can also use a vacuum cleaner for drying the damp surface.
If you have a small to medium-sized space, and you want to have an efficient air conditioner at an affordable cost, you can safely go for Koldfront WTC8001W through-the-wall air conditioner.
The AC with its efficient cooling, moderate heating, and dehumidification capacity makes it suitable for multiple usages.
The Koldfront air conditioner with its low running cost gives you good value for your money.
The indoor thermometers are important as they give you an idea of the inside temperatures helping you in adjusting your air conditioner to your comfort level. However, knowing the outdoor temperatures would help you plan your daily activities in a better way. You can dress up to suit the outside ambient temperature or plan to […]
If you enjoy sitting outdoors on your porch or patio during the summers, a good quality outdoor ceiling fan would be your best companion in helping you experience a cool breeze of fresh air. Besides, it would also add to the decoration of your outdoor area. You can select from the many stylish and effective […]
The bedroom ceiling fan has many advantages that many homeowners tend to ignore. Apart from providing a cool breeze independently, it also offers significant savings in energy costs when running along with the AC. Besides, the ceiling fan also enhances the interior decoration of your bedroom. Selecting a ceiling fan for your bedroom among so […]