Ultra-Aire 70H Dehumidifier eliminates up to 70 pints of damp air per day, can manage up to 2,200 square feet, and even provides whole-house air-conditioning with optional fresh air intake for enhanced indoor air quality.
Traditional installation choices include a basement, crawl space, attic, or manufacturing room. Ultra-Aire 70H dehumidifier is arrogantly made in the USA.
Ultra-Aire is now owned by Santa Fe, combining both dehumidifiers, so Ultra-Air 70H is the same as the Santa Fe Compact 2 dehumidifier.
Table of Contents
Ultra-Aire 70H Design and Size
Ultra-Aire 70H is a compact design. It smoothly connects your HVAC system and doesn’t get out. The dehumidifier is rectangular; from one end comes an air inlet, and from the opposite side comes an air outlet.
You can remake the air outlet to the top. The dehumidifier provides dual-side filter access. This proceeds easier and more manageable installation possible in limited spaces where other dehumidifiers won’t fit.
Ultra-Aire 70H weight is 55 pounds 25 (kg). Yes, a dehumidifier is heavy, but you don’t have to move it. Install it and enjoy how it works.
- Height: 12 inches / 30 cm
- Width: 12 inches / 30 cm
- Depth: 28 inches / 71 cm
Ultra-Aire 70H Features
- A built-in humidistat controls your wanted moisture level.
- Optional Remote humidistat controller also is available. With this controller, you can set wanted humidity, control pure air ventilation, and activate air filtration, all from the ease of your desired space.
There are 2 types of controllers – Ultra-Aire DEH 3000 Digital Controller or DEH 3000R Digital Controller with Remote Sensor. Both controllers have a smooth design and wide, easy-to-read LCD.
The DEH 3000R Digital Controller has a separate sensor installed in an out-of-place area, such as a crawl place, while the 3000R Digital Controller can be wall installed in a living space where the Ultra-Aire Dehumidifier purposes can be quickly controlled.
- Another external feature of this dehumidifier is a condensate pump kit. With an external condensate pump, you can remove condensate upward or across longer distances.
- MERV-11 air filter is made to catch dangerous allergens and shreds.
- For more powerful air filtration, you can buy a separate MERV-14 filter. This filter is 90-95% effective in eliminating particles within 0.3 and 1-micron sizes. You can use both air filters together; in this case, MERV-11 works as a pre-filter.
- Low-Temperature Control allows the dehumidifier to operate in temperatures as low as 49 degrees F and automatically has an auto defrost function to decrease frost build-up in cold conditions.
- A 9-foot-long power cord supports a more flexible installation.
- Made in the USA
- Energy Star efficient. Read more below under the Maintenance and Upkeep section.
Ultra-Aire 70H Noise level
The Max noise level is 55.3 dB, which is ok for this type of dehumidifier. You will not hear it because it will be installed far from your living room. You don’t have to worry about noise at all.
Ultra-Aire 70H Maintenance and upkeep
Let’s start with energy consumption. The maximal energy usage for this dehumidifier is 580 watts.
While a typical 70-pints dehumidifier delivers an Energy Factor (EF) of 1.8 liters of water removed for each kilowatt-hour of electricity used, the Ultra-Aire 70H far exceeds this with an EF of 2.37. This means it will remove about 29% more water for each dollar you spend.
The dehumidifier doesn’t need much maintenance. The filter should be inspected and replaced each three to six months.
The biggest headaches come with the installation. The dehumidifier has many accessories to make installation easier, such as ducting kits, dampers, and a hanging kit, but professionally qualified jobbers should only install the Ultra-Aire dehumidifiers.
Ultra-Aire 70H is one of the most efficient in the 70-pints dehumidifier category. It helps you keep a healthy humidity level indoors and defend your home even if it is 2,200 square feet large.