Ultra-Aire 70H 70-pint is a whole house ventilating dehumidifier. This machine integrates inside your home’s current HVAC system and ductwork to manage humidity throughout your residence. Ultra-Aire 70H Dehumidifier eliminates up to 70 pints of damp air per day, can manage up to 1,800 square feet and even provides whole-house air-conditioning with optional fresh air intake for enhanced indoor air quality. Traditional installation choices include a basement, crawl space, attic, or manufacturing room. Ultra-Aire 70H dehumidifier is arrogantly made in the USA.
Design and Size
Ultra-Aire 70H is a compact design. It smoothly connects your HVAC system, doesn’t get out. The dehumidifier has a rectangle form and from one end comes air inlet and from the opposite side comes air outlet. You can remake the air outlet to the top. Dehumidifier provides dual-side filter access. This proceeds easier and more manageable installation possible in limited spaces where other dehumidifiers won’t fit.
Ultra-Aire 70H weight is 55 pounds 25 (kg). Yes, a dehumidifier is heavy but you don’t have to move it. Install it and enjoy how it works.
- Height: 12 inches / 30 cm
- Width: 12 inches / 30 cm
- Depth: 28 inches / 71 cm
- Built-In humidistat controls your wanted moisture level.
- Optional Remote humidistat controller also is available. With this controller, you can set wanted humidity, control pure air ventilation, and activate air filtration all from the ease of your desired space. There are 2 types of the controller – Ultra-Aire DEH 3000 Digital Controller or DEH 3000R Digital Controller with Remote Sensor. Both controllers have a smooth design and wide, easy-to-read LCD display. The DEH 3000R Digital Controller has a separate sensor that can be installed in an area that is out of place, such as a crawl place while the 3000R Digital Controller can be wall installed in a living space where the Ultra-Aire Dehumidifier purposes can be quickly controlled.
- Another external feature for this dehumidifier is a condensate pump kit. With an external condensate pump, you can remove condensate upward or across longer distances.
- MERV-11 air filter is made to catch dangerous allergens and shreds.
- For more powerful air filtration you can buy a separate MERV-14 filter. This filter is 90-95% effective in eliminating particles within 0.3 and 1-micron size. You can use both air filters together, in this case, MERV-11 works as a pre-filter.
- Low-Temperature Control allows the dehumidifier to operate in temperatures as low as 49 degrees F and has an auto defrost function to automatically decrease frost build-up in cold conditions.
- A 9-foot long power cord supports a more flexible installation.
- Made in the USA
- Energy Star efficient. Read more below under the Maintenance and Upkeep section.
Max noise level is 55.3 dB which is ok for this type of dehumidifiers. Even more – you will not hear it because it will be installed far from your living room. Don’t have to worry about noise at all.
Maintenance and upkeep
Let’s start with energy consumption. Maximal energy usage for this dehumidifier is 580 watts. While typical 70-pints dehumidifier delivers an Energy Factor (EF) of 1.8 liters of water removed for each kilowatt-hour of electricity used, the Ultra-Aire 70H far exceeds this with an EF of 2.37. This means that it will remove about 29% more water for each dollar you spend.
The dehumidifier doesn’t need much maintenance. The filter should be inspected and replaced each three to six months.
The biggest headaches come with the installation. The dehumidifier has a lot of accessories to make installation easier such as ducting kits, dampers, a hanging kit but the Ultra-Aire dehumidifiers should only be installed by professionally qualified jobbers.
Ultra-Aire 70H is one of the most efficient in the 70-pints dehumidifier category. It helps you keep a healthy humidity level indoors and defend your home even if it is 1800 square feet large.
Low-Temperature Operation (41 degrees F and under)
Practical room size (sq.ft./m2)
1800 / 167
Removable water container
Internal condensate pump
Continuous drain capable
Drain hose included
Drain hose length
Number of fan speeds
Filter cleaning and (or) replace
Check filter every 3 months and replace if needed
Energy usage (max)
Size (inches / centimeters)
Height: 12 / 30
Width: 12 / 30
Depth: 28 / 71
Weight (pounds / kg)
55 / 25
5 years limited
Ultra-Aire 70H Gallery
Other Dehumidifier Reviews:
A new name in dehumidifiers in the USA but a very well established brand in Britain and Europe Meaco has introduced a range of domestic desiccant dehumidifiers for winter 2018. Established in England in 1991 Meaco has a long history of producing award-winning dehumidifiers that offer something a little bit different, so how do their […]
The Santa Fe Compact 2 a very powerful dehumidifier. It provides 70 pints per day of moisture removal at standard grade conditions (80°F and 60% RH). Santa Fe will cover up to 2200 square feet in large areas. This dehumidifier is unique because there is no other such a powerful dehumidifier available in such a […]
Every single home at one point or another is going to have to deal with battling moisture at one point or another, which is why you need to have a dehumidifier. However, one of the things that you should think about is the size of the dehumidifier that you are going to buy when you […]