Aprilaire 1820 Pro Crawlspace Dehumidifier Review
If you are searching for a dehumidifier to place in your basement or the crawlspace, then the Aprilaire 1820 pro crawlspace dehumidifier is going to be the best one. This unit can clean around 200 cubic feet of the air in your house per minute and it can remove around 70 pints of water from the air during the day. This is a heavy-duty machine and it can be used for any home that is about 2,200 square feet in size, so make sure to read more to find out what we thought about this machine.
There are so many advantages that you can enjoy if you choose this machine for your home, including:
- Good for a small home
- Can remove 70 pints of water daily
- Can be accessed and the settings changed from your phone or tablet
- Can purchase various accessories to change how it works
- Long hose for drainage included
- Longer power cable than other models
One should always be aware of the disadvantages that come along with any machine that you are considering purchasing, such as:
- More on the expensive side
- Heavy at 68.25 pounds
- Needs to be installed by the experts
You are always going to want to consider the performance of any unit before you purchase it since it can make or break the decision. You need to know how energy efficient the Aprilaire 1820 pro crawlspace dehumidifier is along with how much noise it makes and even how much water it would remove so you can compare it to others. Here is everything that you would need to know, including:
- Energy Efficiency – This is an extremely energy-efficient model when it comes to dehumidifiers that are powerful. It only uses around 5.8 amps of energy, which gives it one of the top stars from Energy Star.
- Noise level – Considering that this unit is normally placed in a crawlspace or even in the basement the noise level isn’t that important. However, it is slightly noisier than other models, which means you aren’t going to want to keep it in your bedroom or any other area where you are going to sleep.
- Moisture Removal – The removal of moisture for this unit is also very good since it can get rid of around 70 pints in a single day. This is great if you have a lot of water in the air and you don’t want to deal with smaller machines that can’t handle the large amount.
Ensure that you are thinking about all of this so that you can compare it to the other models and decide which one has a better performance and that would fit all of your needs.
Key Features and Functionality
There are numerous features that one must know when looking at any dehumidifier, including the Aprilaire 1820 pro crawlspace dehumidifier. Here are some of the top features that one needs to know so they can make the right choice, including:
- Easily installed in your basement, crawlspace or other areas in your home
- 5 feet of draining tube included
- MERV 8 filter that is washable
- The power cord is 8 feet long
- 5-year warranty
- Works for homes up to 2,200 square feet
- 70 pints of moisture removed daily
- Various models that come with a WiFi controller and even a wall mount controller
This model might be a bit more expensive, but if you are looking for something that is going to be highly effective, then this is the best one to go for. Ensure that you are thinking about the features before you make the choice about which one you are going to purchase, so keep reading to find out more. It is vital that you are considering these things since they can make or break the models that you are thinking about and what ones are going to make your list and which ones won’t.
Ease of Use, Maintenance, And Upkeep
Another area that you are going to want to consider is how easy it is to use and if you choose one of the more expensive models, then you can get it with WiFi access. This would make changing the settings easier for you and you can access it directly through your mobile phone or even your tablet. This would allow you to make changes if you aren’t home or you can even turn it off if you are traveling or if you forgot. This is something that a lot of people want as the main feature, so ensure that if this is important for you that you are checking this model out.
Another thing you need to think about is maintenance and this machine is going to be very simple to handle in that area. If you are going to be using the continuous draining feature, then you aren’t going to have to worry about emptying out the tank or even cleaning it. However, you would want to ensure that you are cleaning the filters on a regular basis and that just requires a bit of warm water and maybe a small amount of soap or even some vinegar to help get rid of built-up dust. Ensure that you are doing this every few months to keep it operating smoothly.
There is a lot to consider when it comes to the Aprilaire 1820 pro crawlspace dehumidifier and you need to make sure that you are aware of everything. This is going to be one of the heavier duty machines that are available and you can use this one easily, including through your mobile phone. It is expensive, so if you have the budget, then this is definitely one that we would recommend for your home. Why not get something that is going to be easy to use and that can pull out a large amount of water daily so that you and your family can live in comfort?
Fed up of that stingy & sticky environment that almost gums to your skin to annoy you further? Relax! Here’s something for you. The Vacplus 50-pint dehumidifier is a solution to your problems. It is a powerful moisture sucker, with a whole lot of features up its sleeves. The body design of this marvelous product […]
Every single home at one point or another is going to have to deal with battling moisture at one point or another, which is why you need to have a dehumidifier. However, one of the things that you should think about is the size of the dehumidifier that you are going to buy when you […]
If you have plenty of extra moisture in the air in your home and you want to get rid of it, then a dehumidifier is going to be ideal. However, the question becomes how do you pick the right one and what are the pros and cons of each? You would also want to consider […]