Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 is one of the best compact air purifiers nowadays.
It has many great features such as automatic smart sensors, changeable panels and filters, and many more.
Alen Breathesmart FIT50 Design, size, placement
Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 air machine has a simple but modern design. The best part is changeable panel colors such as brushed stainless, graphite, gold champagne, espresso, and even pink.
The control panel is on the top of the air purifier and looks elegant and easy to understand buttons. Air input comes from the side and bottom, but the output is at the upper backside with a child-friendly vent guard.
Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 height is 22.25 in (56cm), width 16.75in (42cm) and depth 10in (25cm). Weight is 16lbs (7kg). Not too heavy for this size, easy to move with a built-in handle.
How it works and what sources of indoor pollution destroy
Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 has a 3-stage HEPA-style filter system and is customizable.
For more specific filtration, you can upgrade the HEPA filter.
- Paying an extra $15, you can get HEPA-silver, which is great for germs and bacteria.
- Paying $20, you can get a HEPA-FreshPlus filter, which is perfect for chemicals and VOCs.
- But paying an extra $30 will get HEPA-OdorCell; this will handle smoke and heavy odors.
Ozone-Safe Ionizer. This comes as the last step. It delivers negative ions into the air. That helps the air purifier capture particles more efficiently while purifying your indoors.
Alen Breathesmart FIT50 Features
Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 has numerous magnificent features.
- Filter life indicator. It has 3 lights: green, yellow and red. It will be green regularly. The yellow light will appear quickly before your filter should be replaced. Start finding a new filter because you must change it immediately when it turns red.
- A timer allows you to choose how long the air purifier should work. Available 2, 4, and 12-hour periods.
- Power/Sleep Mode. Auto-off safety feature when the front cover is detached.
- 4 fan speeds and auto-mode with SmartSensor Technology. Auto mode will pick Low, Medium, High, or Turbo speed for optimal performance. SmartSensor Air Quality Light located around the power button (Blue = clean air, Orange = moderate airborne pollution, Red = heavy airborne pollution)
- Built-in carry handle
- Lock/Unlock the control panel button.
Alen Breathesmart FIT50 Noise level
- Speed 1 – 32.4 dB (whisper)
- Speed 2 – 38.5 dB (light rainfall)
- Speed 3 – 44.5 dB (heavy rainfall)
- Speed 4 – 48.7 dB (box fan, medium)
Turbo (Speed 4) setting is pretty loud. It will be noisy if you have bad air quality and are working this air purifier on auto-mode.
Alen Breathesmart FIT50 Coverage, CADR, CFM
CADR – 220
CFM (airflow in cubic feet per minute):
- Speed 1 – 110 CFM
- Speed 2 – 142 CFM
- Speed 3 – 192 CFM
- Turbo (Speed 4) – 231 CFM
Alen Breathesmart FIT50 Maintenance and upkeep
You will have to replace filters but don’t worry – this is an easy process.
I suggest cleaning the pre-filter (the Alen Pre-Filter can be washed or vacuumed) every 2-3 months and replacing the HEPA-style filter at least once per year with normal use and every 12-18 months irregular use.
The Alen BreatheSmart’s Fit50 will show you the exact replacement time with indicator lights. The optimal filter replacement cycle may vary based on your conditions and health concerns.
With Energy Star, an air purifier is 40% more efficient than standard models and can save you up to $25 annually on your operating costs.
Minimum wattage – 36W, maximum 60W.
Alen BreatheSmart FIT50 is an excellent choice for your home. It works great in spaces up to 800 square feet large, and you can even personalize filtration based on your needs.
Unique design panels allow you to select the best for your interior. In addition, SmartSensor technology will automatically adjust itself to the pollutants in your air, turning between 4 fan speeds up or down as needed.