Danby Premiere DDR070BDWDB 70-Pint Dehumidifier Review
Danby Premiere DDR070BDWDB 70-Pint Dehumidifier is portable, highlights a surface that is smooth and compact along with “Smart Dehumidifying” technology for easier-than-ever moisture control. A dehumidifier removes 70 pints of moisture and can handle 1200 square feet large spaces or even more if the room is not very humid.
Design and Size
Danby Premiere DDR070BDWDB has a compact design with a control panel positioned on the top of the unit. The control panel is easily reachable and understandable. The water bucket is installed at the bottom of the unit and it is easily removable from the front. The water bucket has a water level window. The dehumidifier has casters and carrying handles. That makes very easy to carry this 45 pounds heavy unit from space to space. At the back of the unit are air filter, continuous drain hose outlet (unfortunately drain hose isn’t included), and power cord buckle. The air outlet grill is positioned on one side of the dehumidifier.
- Height: 24.5 inches / 62 cm
- Width: 16 inches / 40.5 cm
- Depth: 12 inches / 30.5 cm
Danby Premiere DDR070BDWDB is equipped with a lot of features.
Available 3 draining options – manual, gravity and condensate pump.
- Manual draining is draining using a built-in bucket. The bucket is quite small for such a powerful moisture removal so you will have to empty it quite often.
- Gravity Draining works with an attached drain hose (as mentioned before – not included) or garden hose.
- Condensate Pump. The dehumidifier doesn’t have an internal condensate pump but you can add an external pump which costs around $60. Another option is to buy other Danby models – DDR070BDPWDB 70-Pint Dehumidifier with Pump. It has the same functions as this model but arrives whole with a built-in condensate pump and costs only $30 more. Check the latest price here.
- The control panel has a lot of electronic buttons.
- Continue Button. With this button, you can switch between manual and continuous mode. With continuous mode, a dehumidifier works actively without delay, despite the ambient moisture or temperature. With manual mode, you can set humidity level and fan speed – everything under your own control.
- Filter Button has only one function. Push it only when you need to reset the filter light. Do it after filter cleaning. This light will illuminate after every 250 hours of operation.
- Fan button for fan speed choice. The dehumidifier has 2 fan speeds.
- Power Button to turn on or off the dehumidifier.
- Up and Down Arrow Buttons. These are to set the desired humidity level. You can set it between 30% and 90% with a step of 5%.
- Timer Button. With this button, you can set a start or stop time for the dehumidifier from 0.0 to 24 hours.
- The display gives the actual (± 5% accuracy) place humidity level in a range of 30% RH to 90% RH. Otherwise, shows choice when programming humidity or timer.
- Comfort. Use this button to automatically adjust the humidity level.
- Automatic Restart on Power Failure. This feature allows the dehumidifier to resume working due to a power failure with previous settings.
- Automatic Defrost function.
- Energy Star-qualified
The dehumidifier has a quiet operation. At its highest fan speed, the Danby 70-Pint unit has a sound level of 50 decibels, similar to sounds in a normal home.
Maintenance and upkeep
The dehumidifier doesn’t require much maintenance. If using manual draining you will have to remove water from the bucket. After 250 hours of work clean filter.
Also rarely you will have to clean the grill and case and bucket. That’s it. Not much to do.
Danby Premiere DDR070BDWDB is great for spaces up to 1200 square feet. It has so many features such as a timer, auto mode, filter change indicator and more. It has also 3 draining options so you can pick the best for you. And the price is really appropriate.
Low-Temperature Operation (41 degrees F and under)
Practical room size (sq.ft./m2)
1200 / 111
Removable water container
Internal condensate pump
Continuous drain capable
Drain hose included
Drain hose length
Number of Fan speeds
Filter cleaning and (or) replace
Washable, clean when needed
Noise level Max
Energy usage (max)
Size (inches / centimeters)
Height: 24.5 / 62
Width: 16 / 40.5
Depth: 12 / 30.5
Weight (pounds / kg)
45 / 20
Danby Premiere DDR070BDWDB Gallery
Other Dehumidifier Reviews:
Business owners should offer their employees as well as clients a safe and comfortable environment. Nobody wants to deal with moisture problems. So if your workplace is uncomfortable, for sure, this may result in productivity problems. Further, moisture problems because of bad ventilation make spaces more susceptible to mold development, and you don’t want that […]
Danby Premiere DDR070BDWDB 70-Pint Dehumidifier is portable, highlights a surface that is smooth and compact along with “Smart Dehumidifying” technology for easier-than-ever moisture control. A dehumidifier removes 70 pints of moisture and can handle 1200 square feet large spaces or even more if the room is not very humid. Pluses: Minuses: Design and Size Danby […]
A new name in dehumidifiers in the USA but a very well established brand in Britain and Europe Meaco has introduced a range of domestic desiccant dehumidifiers for winter 2018. Established in England in 1991 Meaco has a long history of producing award-winning dehumidifiers that offer something a little bit different, so how do their […]