If you are installing an air conditioner in your home or outside you, want to ensure that the condenser is installed on flat ground. This is when you need one of the top condenser pads to ensure that everything is flat, especially if you are working on grass or gravel. This would help keep the condenser on level ground and protect it from insects, pests, and moisture from the ground.
Here is our comprehensive guide to some of the top AC condenser pads that you can buy, so keep reading on to find out more.
Top 5 Best AC Condenser Pads Reviewed
There are numerous options that you would pick and choose from when it comes to AC condenser pads, so you want to know what the options are.
1. DiversiTech EL1838-3 Pad for HVAC systems
The best of the best will be this model that is 18” x 38” x 3” in size, and it comes in gray. This will be the perfect base for mounting the outdoor HVAC unit that you would need, along with much more. This is made using injection molded polypropylene, which makes it extremely lightweight and easy to move.
This is also rugged so it will last a long time even under the most extreme weather and you can drill into the pad to secure it. Also, there is a subtle texture on the top that keeps all equipment from slipping after installation.
For those who are looking for the best of all models, then make sure to have this model on your list.
2. DiversiTech UC3636-3 Ultralite Concrete Equipment Pad
If you want to purchase from the best brand, but don’t need the top model, then go ahead and look at this option. This one is compatible with cement and it measures 36” x 36” x 3” and is great for all outdoor elements and weather. This will also be great if you want something that doesn’t look out of place when it is used and that can hold heavy equipment.
If you don’t mind spending a bit of extra money, then these would be great if you are going to be working with cement.
3. Ecopad Equipment Pad for Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioner
For those who don’t have a large budget, this model would be ideal; this is 18” x 38” x 3” in size, and it can hold around 205 pounds. It is lightweight and durable for all of the industry’s standard applications, and it has the optimum amount of ground support due to self-leveling.
This won’t be affected by weather or UV rays and it is drillable if you want to secure the unit more.
If you don’t want to spend a lot, but want a high-quality product, then this one needs to be on the top of your list.
4. DiversiTech UC3030-3 30″ x 30″ x 3″ Ultralite Pad
Another great option from the top brand in the industry is this 30” x 30” x 3” model that weights 24.1 pounds. This is going to be great for using outdoors to help with leveling the ground for your AC condenser and it will protect it from all types of water, moisture, and other elements. It is made of ultralite concrete and it can hold heavy items without any problems.
If you want something that will look great and will be able to hold your HVAC ac condenser, then this model might be something to look at.
5. Diversitech E Lite EL2424-3 Plastic HVAC Pad
Another great option that would be smaller is this model and it is 24” x 24” x 3” in size. This means it will fit any of the normal size AC condenser machines that you would need for the outdoors. This is one of the top models and it is very lightweight and it will be great for withstanding all of the outdoor elements that you might have to deal with.
This is a great option if you don’t want to spend a lot of money and if you need something smaller for your AC condenser.
AC Condenser Pads Buying Guide
You always want to ensure that you are purchasing the right AC condenser pad for your machine. You would need to consider plenty, including whether or not using one would be required, factors to help you choose, and much more. Keep reading our buying guide to help you with making the right choice.
Do You Really Need an AC Unit Pad?
You might think that you can get away without using a pad for your AC condenser, but you would be wrong. You should ensure that you have one of these installed since they will help ensure that the ground is going to be level where you are placing it. These would also help keep all pests, insect,s and even moisture and water from the ground from getting into your machine. If you don’t protect your condenser, then you are going to have more problems later on. This will make everything easier, and they are affordable, so why not have one installed under your condenser?
Things to Consider When Buying an AC Unit Pad
It would help if you also considered the wide variety of factors that would help you make the ideal choice. The more you know about the factors, then the easier it will be when you are trying to make the final decision. A few of the top factors to think about and look at includes:
- Durability – You want to find the right pad that would be extremely durable, which means you need the right material. Think about getting a heavy-duty plastic that would be able to withstand all of the weather elements and that you can mount if required.
- UV resistant and waterproof – Another thing to consider is whether or not the model you are looking at would be waterproof and UV resistant. This would help keep it in good shape for longer and look good at the same time. You don’t want something that will break down or suffer water damage or be in the sun for a long time.
- Size and zoning – You also need to consider the pad’s size and the condenser that you would need to mount. This is important since you don’t want to purchase and have to deal with returning a smaller one. Ensure that you are measuring or getting the measurements of the condenser that you are looking to buy. You want to have a few inches on each side to ensure that there will be plenty of room.
- Non-slip – Also, you want to find one that would have a textured top so that the condenser would be firmly planted. You don’t want something that will allow the machine to move its water gets under it, so double-check that the one you are getting would be non-slip before you purchase it.
- Warranty – You would also need to look at the warranty, and you want to know just how long it would be. It would also help if you thought about what it would cover and how you will access the help. If you have any questions about this, make sure that you ask about it before you start the process to complete the purchase.
- Easy installation – The installation and how easy it is would also be something you want to look at. These should be relatively simple to install when purchased, but make sure that they can be drilled down. This would allow you to set it up and drill it without worrying about having any special tools.
- Price – The final thing that you will want to look at is the price, so make sure that you know how much you can afford. You should check out the wide variety of options and only check them out within your budget. This will help you avoid looking at and finding ones that you don’t afford.
- Recommendations – If you will have these installed by the experts, you want to get their recommendations. Ask them which ones they believe would be the right ones to have installed, and then ask for a few other options. The more recommendations you get and the more reviews and feedback you check out, the more certain you can be about your purchase.
These are only a few of the top factors that you will want to consider when it comes to picking the ideal AC condenser pad for your needs. Make sure that you are using them to cut down the list if they don’t fit these criteria or the needs you have.
How to Set Up AC Condenser Pads
Before you purchase the AC condenser pad, you would want to know how to set it up since it can save you some money rather than hiring the experts. This can be a straightforward job that is easy to do, and there are a few steps to follow. Here are some of the steps to make sure that you are doing, such as:
- Start by measuring the area you are planning on placing the pad and marking out the model’s parameters roughly on the ground. This will give you an idea of where you would want to remove any excess dirt from. You want to pick an area that is not only going to be close to your home but that will also be close to all necessary connections.
- Take a shovel and level the area by digging up or moving some of the dirt until the area you have measured is completely flat. This will allow the pad to be placed on top of this area without any problems or areas that aren’t smooth. If there are areas where the dirt is lower, take the dirt that you have removed and use that to smooth the rest of the area.
- Next, place your pad in the area where the ground has been leveled and ensure it has been properly secured. This can be done using nails or even screws into wood, cement, or other materials that you are using to outline the area. If you don’t secure the pad, it might end up moving due to God’s vibrations and other acts that can cause damage to the air conditioner.
- Before you place the condenser machine on the pad, you should make sure that you are taking your measuring tape and double-checking the pad’s levelness. You also want to measure the pad parameters, so everything is equal, including the area surrounding the machine.
You might not understand how to do this the first time, but you can complete the job if you follow these steps. Ensure that you are double checking everything before it is moved, and you want to make sure you have everything flat.
What exactly is an AC condenser pad?
If you don’t know what the condenser pad is, you might not understand why it is vital to have one installed. This is going to give your air conditioner unit a bit more stability than it might have otherwise, and it keeps it secure. You want to have the pad be non-slip so that the vibrations that the machine makes doesn’t move it off the pad.
How do I know what the right size pad is?
Another thing that you need to know is how to pick the right size of any condenser pad. You want to ensure that it will support the entire machine without any problems. You don’t want it to be too small, and it should be large enough that there will be space around it so that you can clean it easily.
Why should I secure the condenser pad?
If you wonder why you want to strap or secure the condenser pad down, you need to know that this will help keep it in place. This is important since the machine can create plenty of vibrations that can cause it to move if it isn’t. Also, other acts like earthquakes might encourage it to move or shift without it being properly secured.
Why does my condenser need to be leveled?
You want your condenser to be level, which is because if it isn’t, then oil levels can be affected. This would then lead to the compressor’s motor not being properly lubricated, which means it might not work efficiently or it can overheat.
Where should I place the pad?
If you don’t know where the pad should be placed, you want to close your home. This is vital since the necessary hookups should be within reach, and this is definitely something to consider for convenience reasons.
What is the best way to level my condenser pad?
If the condenser pad for your AC isn’t level, you can have problems with the compressor oil or the fan blades. If the area isn’t completely leveled, then you need to remove a bit of dirt from the area where it isn’t flat. This dirt can then be used in the areas where the level might be lower. Ensure that you are using a leveling device to double-check if it is completely level.
You always need to make sure that you choose the right AC condenser pad for your requirements, which means knowing what is. You would need to look at the various factors to consider, including the price, recommendations, size, durability, and much more. If you aren’t sure about the product, then make sure to check out the feedback before you make a decision.
If you don’t know what model will suit your needs the best, you need to make a list and narrow it down. The more you do this, the easier it would be for you to decide which one to go for. These are just 5 of the top models that would fit anyone’s needs, so go ahead and buy the one that you think is the best.