Every home at one point or another will have to deal with battling moisture one point or another, which is why you need to have a dehumidifier. However, you should think about the size of the dehumidifier that you are going to buy when you are making a choice. Here are some of the reviews for some of the top ones in the industry that you can purchase, and these should help you make the right choice.
Best 50 Pint Dehumidifiers
If you are looking at dehumidifiers, you need to know what the top ones are to make the right choice. Here are just 5 of the best ones in the market and everything you would need to know about them, including the features, pros, and even cons.
1. Frigidaire FFAD5033R1 Dehumidifier
- Key Factors
- Handles – Makes it easier to move the dehumidifier from one spot to another without having to lift it
- Ready to select controls – There are options are pre-programmed into the machine that lets you choose the settings with the click of a button
- Energy STAR certification – This machine has the energy STAR certification, which means it uses lower energy levels, reduces electricity usage, and cuts down on the utility bills
- Operation on low temperature (41°) helps to save electricity and money
- 24 hour on and off timer with control lock
- Electronic controls with an easy digital readout for humidity and other information
- 1-year full warranty
- Turns off automatically when setting and when the tank is nearly full
- Alerts for when the tank is almost empty of water
- The use of caster wheels and handles on the sides and top make it easy to move
- Can only be operated continuously if it is near a low-level drain
- Problems with lights blinking that can’t be fixed
- Shorter lifespan than other dehumidifiers
- Makes a lot of noise at 51 dB
2. Keystone KSTAD50B Dehumidifier
- Key Factors:
- Space – This machine is perfect for your entire home since it can easily handle a space up to 3000 square feet.
- Auto-restart – In case the power goes off, the machine has an auto-restart setting that would automatically start it using the settings it was last on
- Continuous draining – If you want this to drain continuously, so you don’t have to worry about emptying it, you can hook up a hose and have it drain.
- Alert and automatic shut down when the bucket is almost full if not set to drain continuously
- The indicator on the front of the water tank so you can easily see the current water level.
- The filter is easy to remove and clean, and it gives an alert for when it needs to be cleaned.
- LED display with a monitor that is easy to read and use
- A 24-hour timer that you can set
- Easy to move around because of the rolling casters
- Very noisy with a level of 55 dB
- Difficult to get the hose attached to the machine for continuous draining
- Increases the heat levels in the same room
3. Friedrich D50BP Dehumidifier
- Key Factors:
- Removable bucket – The bucket is removable, allowing you to empty the water collected if you don’t have it set for continuous draining.
- Controls – The controls are mounted on the top of the machine, making it easier for you to access them and change the settings.
- Option to set up continuous draining
- Ability to set your desired humidity level ranging from 30% to 90% RH
- Digital controls that allow you to set your own settings
- Drain pump that is built-in that can drain horizontally or vertically
- On/off timer that can be set for a 24 hour period
- 1-year warranty on the machine
- More expensive than other available models
- The power cord is only 6 feet long, and it isn’t recommended to use an extension cord with these machines.
- Must take the machine to the nearest service center to get it looked at
- Works best in small areas and not larger homes
4. Delonghi DD50PE Dehumidifier
- Key Factors:
- Stylish – If you are looking for something that doesn’t look like the normal dehumidifier, this is the best way to go.
- LED screen – This machine has an LED screen that is easy to read, and you can understand all of the information shared.
- Easy to use controls – The controls on this device are also easy to use, which makes choosing your settings a breeze.
- Ability to adjust the humidity level to your desired level easily
- Three ways to drain the water, including through the hose, using the bucket, or into a separate 6-liter tank
- Saves you money due to the low electricity use
- Small size is ideal for smaller homes or apartments
- More expensive than the other options that are available in the market
- Handles are in an odd position to shift the machine around
5. Ivation 50-Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier
- Key Factors:
- Small size – If you live in an apartment and look for a dehumidifier, this one is perfect since it is tiny and can fit into any corner of your home.
- LED interface – The interface is the LED style, and it is easy to use, and you can change up your settings quickly and easily.
- Air filter – The air filter used in this machine can be washed off and used again, which means you don’t need to buy a new one.
- Easy to move due to the wheels that are attached to the bottom
- Helps to remove all of the disgusting smells that build up in the air
- The small size means you can place it in any area of your home
- Simple switch for turning the machine on and off
- Indicator for water level is clear, so you can see it without removing the bucket
- The short cable that can cause problems when placing it in a large home
- Extremely noisy
- Hard to find the right size screw that will attach the hose to the machine
- Difficult to replace the bucket once you have removed it
One should always make sure that they are looking at the reviews for any machine they consider buying. You also want to compare the various options you are looking at purchasing to see the cons and pros of both so that you can choose your home and your budget.
Advantages of 50-pint Dehumidifier
There are so many advantages that you can think about and that you need to be aware of when it comes to the 50-pint dehumidifiers that you are checking out. Not only can these take out more water from the air in the same amount of time than others, but they are also great ways to save money. Some of the top advantages of purchasing this type of machine include:
- Removes more water in the same amount of time from the air than smaller machines
- Doesn’t require you to empty the bucket more than 1 or 2 times in any single day
- Can deal with the entire home with a single machine rather than needing more than 1
- Lets you pick the right humidity level for your home.
- Can get rid of any lingering smells that you can’t get rid of otherwise
- Makes your home less likely to get mildew, mold, and dust mites
- Helps you to breathe easier by getting rid of any irritants in the air
- Lowers the cost of your utility bills due to lower use of electricity
- Options to allow for continuous draining through various methods depending on the machine
- Built-in pumps that push the water through the hose or into another area when the continuous draining is being used
- Warranty that would cover all of the main problems that you might face with the machine for a specified period of time
- LED or LCD panels that would let you read what the settings are without having to push any more buttons
- Handles and wheels on the device that would make it easy to move around the home
- The small size means it can be put in any corner of the room in your house.
These are only a few of the main advantages that you will want to make sure that you are aware of, so go ahead and start thinking about if this will be the right option for you and your family. If you don’t know what the advantages are, then you can’t make the right decision about if this is going to work for you and which one you should go for.
Factors to Consider When Buying a 50 Pint Dehumidifier
You should always make sure that you know what you would want to be looking for when it comes to the factors of choosing the right machine. If you know what the factors are before you start looking at the machines, then you can make the right choice from the start. Here are just a few of the main factors that you need to check out when you are purchasing one of these, such as:
- Coverage area – You should make sure that you are considering what the coverage area that each machine would use is. You want to ensure that you find one that can take care of the entire space that you are living in without having to buy another or a larger one. Some options can take care of a 3000 square foot space, so make sure to check this out.
- Water tank capacity – Another thing that you are going to need to think about is the water tank’s capacity. These can fit 50 pints, but some options would allow you to use the continuous draining feature, so this is something to think about. This is important because you don’t want to keep draining the bucket numerous times a day.
- Safety features – There will be several safety features that you would want to think about when you are looking at the devices. One of these should be an alert to let you know when the tank is getting full so that you can empty it. Also, you want to check them out and see if they would have an auto-restart option to keep your settings if the power was to go out.
- Ease of use – Also, think about how easily this will be when it comes to usage and even how you can move it around. You want to pick something that has controls that are not only easy to use but that are also easy to understand. It would help if you also looked at how easy it is to remove the bucket and other draining options that you can choose from. Not only do you want to think about the bucket and how easy it is to use that, but also the controls. Think about the screen and if you would need to push a lot of buttons to get what you need and if the settings would be saved if it turns off because of a power outage.
- Noise level – There are so many options you can pick from, and some will be noisier than others. Think about how much noise this device is going to make, and then consider where you will be placing it and if it is going to distract you or your family while you are sleeping. You also want to think about how the handles are situated and if they are built into the machine or vibrate and make some noise.
- Price – Another factor that you are going to want to think about is the price and how much it will cost you in the end. Ensure that you have a budget set, decide how much you can spend, and then find the ones that fit this need. You should also ensure that you are considering how much you will be spending on shipping as well.
- Customer service – Also, ensure that you are checking out what you will need to do if you have any problems with the machine. If you would have to take the machine to a service center, find out how close the nearest one is. However, you want to find one that would have an expert come to your home and look at the machine for you without you having to ship or transport it anywhere.
- Design – The final factor that you will want to think about when it comes to which machine to purchase is the design. Look at a few of the options and then think about which design would work the best with your home, including how it can be moved and the handles to use.
Go ahead and use all of these factors to help you decide which one will be the best one for your home and your budget. You need to know what these factors are and which ones will be important to you before you can make a choice, and these are perfect for helping you.
Alternatives to 50 Pint Dehumidifier
You should make sure that you are thinking of what you will do when it comes to the humidifier you want to purchase. If you don’t need a huge machine, then you should think about what other options you can go for. There are so many smaller options that would work for your needs, but you should make sure that you are thinking about this. If you don’t want something that is large or that doesn’t make as much noise, then there are 30 and 20-pint options that you can also purchase, so go ahead and consider this as well.
You must be thinking about which 50-pint humidifier will be the best for you, and you need to think about everything. Not only do you need to think about how much noise each of the machines makes, but also the ways that it can drain and the alerts that would be given. The factors to make a choice are also important, so consider the design, noise levels, price, ease of use, and so much more.
Aprilaire 1850 95-pint is very powerful made in the U.S.A. dehumidifier. It is one of the most powerful in the market and works with your HVAC system. Aprilaire 1850 is ranked to extract 95 pints of moisture per day at AHAM circumstances (80 degrees F, 60% humidity) and can cover spaces from 1,900 to 2,400 […]
Friedrich D50BPA 50-Pint Dehumidifier will work easily in spaces up to 1000 square feet large. Friedrich D50BPA has many features such as an internal condensate pump, full bucket indicator/Auto shut off, humidistat, electronic controls, and more. This dehumidifier has three ways of draining accumulated moisture, and it costs around $250-280. Fabulous value! Pluses: Minuses: Design […]
High or low, improper humidity levels have adverse effects on our bodies as well as our surroundings. And if the humidity levels are high in our bedrooms, it is even more harmful. Firstly, high humidity may cause many diseases like allergies, asthmatic attacks, excessive sneezing, etc. Secondly, you won’t get a good night’s sleep as […]