Whenever you are thinking about getting a dehumidifier for your home, there will be many options that you can pick and choose from. You want to make sure that you are choosing the right one, and here are 5 of the best ones in the industry and some of the key factors, cons, and pros of each. Please keep reading to read our review about these machines to help you make the right choice for your needs.
How a Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier Works
One might be wondering just how the thermo-electric dehumidifier machines work, and there is plenty that you are going to need to know. These machines are using the thermo-electric effect to convert the electricity into a small or large temperature difference. The temperature difference uses a method called humidification, and it takes the hot air into the machine and then pushes it out at a much lower temperature. This is the best way to get the air around you cooler without paying the high prices for an air conditioner.
Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier Advantages and Disadvantages
There will also be plenty of advantages and disadvantages that you need to be aware of when it comes to the thermo-electric dehumidifier machines. Some of the advantages include:
- Quiet – The thermo-electric dehumidifier machines are often hushed since the only part that might make some noise is the used fan. These don’t have a compressor, which means that it is much quieter than other machines.
- Reliability – These machines are extremely reliable since they would use some of the best parts to remove the room’s extra heat. However, these parts can easily break sometimes, which also makes it unreliable in this area at the same time.
- Affordable – These are also extremely affordable, making this one of the biggest advantages that you can enjoy. You can get the cooler air without having to spend a fortune to buy them.
These are just some of the main advantages of buying the thermo-electric dehumidifier machine, and you need to be aware of some of the disadvantages. A few of the disadvantages include:
- Parts break – Because these are very cheap and affordable, the quality of the parts that are used isn’t always that great. This means that they will often break, and you might need to replace them or the machine entirely.
- Replacement fan – Another disadvantage that comes with these machines is that you will have to replace the fan. This is because it is the weakest part inside the machine, and because of the amount of heat being created, you never know how long it would last and would work.
- Limited capacity – These are also extremely small, which means they will have a much more limited capacity for changing the temperature of the air in a single room. If you need a higher rate of humidity to be removed, this isn’t the best option.
These are the main disadvantages that you should know when it comes to using these thermo-electric dehumidifier machines. If you know what they are, you can be prepared to replace the parts or know the advantages so you can make the right choice for all of your needs.
Top 5 Thermo-Electric dehumidifiers:
One should always be aware of what some of the top thermo-electric dehumidifier machines are that you would be able to purchase. Here are some of the information that we have about 5 of the machines on the market, so keep reading to find out more about them.
1. Ivation IVADM45 Dehumidifier
Here is everything that you will want to know and consider when it comes to the Ivation IVADM45 machine.
- Extremely quiet
- Easy to move from room to room
- Ability to handle a room of 2200 cubic square feet
- Low levels of power and electricity required to operate
- Solid and well-constructed machine
- Extremely easy to use after setting it up
- One of the more expensive options when it comes to thermo-electric dehumidifier machines
- The water tank size of 68 ounces
- More dumping of water required for temperatures under 86°F
- Ability to set the temperature you want
- Portable and can be moved without dealing with a heavy machine
- The water tank should be emptied every 2.5 hours with ideal moisture removal
- Shuts off automatically when the tank is nearly full
- In-built humidistat to help determine the ideal humidity level
This will be a great machine if you are looking for one that can remove moisture at a faster rate than others. However, it is more expensive, so make sure that you are considering this when you are making the final choice.
2. Eva-Dry EDV-2200 Dehumidifier
This is another machine that you can choose from, and the Eva-Dry EDV-2200 is a great option for those who are looking for something a bit more affordable than other options.
- Can see how much water has collected in the tank
- Easy to operate
- Automatic shut off
- Extremely small and can be placed anywhere
- Low levels of energy consumption
- Perfect for boats or RVs where space is limited
- 2-liter reservoir
- Extremely quiet
- Helps with mildew, mold, and scents in the area
- Uses Peltier technology
- Ability to extend the 1-year warranty
- Can only handle smaller areas
- Makes a lot of noise when the bearings start to fail
- Odd power supply unit that can make it harder to move it around
- Weighs only 6.42 pounds
- 1-year warranty
- Perfect for a room of 2200 square feet
- Easy to move around due to the small size
- Automatic shut-off when the tank level is close to empty
- A small size that makes it easy to move around and place anywhere
You should ensure that you are thinking about all of this when deciding which of the many machines you are going to for.
3. Ivation ERSDM18 dehumidifier
You must be considering all of the options that might be available to you, including the Ivation ERSDM18, when looking at what models you are going to purchase, so here is everything you should know.
- The moisture removal rate of around 11.8 ounces every day
- Draws a mere 27 watts of power when running
- Automatic shut-off when the tank is full
- LED light to let you know when the tank is full
- 20-ounce water tank
- More modern design than other machines
- Much lighter and smaller in size, which lets you move it around easily
- Much more affordable than other models
- Very basic in terms of design
- Lower moisture removal rates of more expensive machines
- Automatic shut off for a full tank.
- LED to let you know the tank is full
- Uses lower electricity than other models
- More affordable than some of the other models that are on the market
- Small and stylish in terms of design
- Works for areas up to 200 square feet
- Uses energy recycling to increase the dehumidifying effect
These are just a few things that you are going to need to think about to decide if this machine is the one to go for, so go ahead and compare it to the others that are available.
4. SPT SD-350 dehumidifier
Deciding which of the available machines, including the SPT SD-350, can be a tough decision, but if you know what the pros and cons are along with the features, you can make a choice much easier.
- Good style and build of the machine
- Simple to set up and use
- 2-liter water tank
- Small and easy to move around and even store when not in use
- 1-year limited basis warranty
- Removes around 50% more moisture every day than other models
- Extremely noisy at 58.2 dB
- It takes over 20 minutes to lower the humidity level to around 80%
- Draws around 60 watts of electricity
- Parts are only usable for 1.5 years before new parts are required.
- No user manual is given in the box
- Black and silver design
- Compact design
- Quiet operation
- No vibrations
- Carrying handle for making moving it easier
- Transparent water tank so you can see the current level
- Long power cables
Think about all of this when you are considering if the SPT SD-350 will be the best machine for your needs, and it can help you keep the area cooler without having to spend a lot of money.
5. Gurin DHMD-310 dehumidifier
You always want to think about which of the many features and the pros and cons every machine has, including the Gurin DHMD-310. This is one of the best ways to choose the right one for all of your needs, so keep reading to find out more.
- Extremely heavy-duty over some of the other models
- Removes 20.5 ounces every day
- Standard build for the machine
- Runs until the tank is full
- 50-ounce water tank for collecting water
- Removes less moisture than other similar models
- Draws 60 watts of electricity
- The brand is relatively unknown in the market still
- No automatic modes
- More expensive than other models in the same range
- No automatic settings for the machine
- Easy to use and operate
- Large tank for collection of water
- Removes more moisture than some similar smaller machines
- Lightweight and easy to move around when required
- Relatively noise-free
- Perfect for smaller spaces like apartments
Finding the right machine can be hard, which is why you are going to need to compare all of them to find the perfect one for your needs, so make sure to look at all of the options.
When it comes to locating the right machine, you will need to think about a few different things, such as the price, the amount that the tank can hold, and even the size. Make sure that you are comparing all of this information given, and we think that the more expensive one might be a better investment, but that doesn’t mean you have to purchase that one.
Each of these machines has different pros and cons, which means you will need to consider what is important to you before you can make a choice. Once you have looked at everything that they have to offer, then only can you make the right choice, so go ahead and start looking at what is available. The main point will be where you are living, along with the size of the space that is going to need to be covered and how much you are willing to spend.
Whenever you are searching for the right thermo-electric dehumidifier machine, there is plenty that you are going to want to consider. The price is important, so make sure that you are looking at the options you can afford and the ones that would handle the space you live in. There are so many different options that you can go for that you should ensure that you are comparing all of the features to make sure you are getting what you want, especially if you are going to pay more for the machines.
If you are searching for a dehumidifier to place in your basement or the crawlspace, then the Aprilaire 1820 pro crawlspace dehumidifier will be the best one. This unit can clean around 200 cubic feet of the air in your house per minute, and it can remove around 70 pints of water from the air […]
Hysure is a reliable brand for designing and manufacturing portable home appliances aimed at improving the quality of life. One of such products is the Hysure Portable Mini Dehumidifier 2200 Cubic Feet. It is perfect for bedrooms, bathrooms, home crawl spaces, and even recreational vehicles. Pros Cons Design The product is lightweight and is truly […]
It can be hard to find the right dehumidifier for your home, especially if you need to have a larger space taken care of. If you are aware of some of the available reviews for these machines, it can make a choice easier. If you are interested in the Friedrich D70BP, 70 Pint Dehumidifier, keep […]