You will want to ensure that you are using the right gas fireplace in your home, which means knowing what models are available. There are so many options that you can pick and choose from that it can become confusing and complicated when you are trying to make the final choice. These will be options that you can use inside your home, or even outdoors if you wish, to make sure that you can enjoy fire all year round.
Here is our comprehensive guide regarding 10 of the top best gas fireplaces that you can use for your home, so keep reading on to find out more.
Top 10 Best Gas Fireplaces for Home
These are just a few of the top models that we have checked out, so make sure to look at each of them to determine which one will be the best for your needs.
1. Heater Vent Free Gas Heater
The Mr. Heater vent free gas heater will be a great option for those who want something a bit more mobile. This is small in size, but it can heat a room of around 1,000 square feet easily, and it is made of white painted metal. It uses natural gas, which means it shouldn’t be used in your bedroom or the bathroom, but it is perfect for your office or living room.
This is lightweight, which means that you can easily take it from one room to another as long as you have the necessary connections. Those who purchased this were impressed with the overall effectiveness and heat gave out by the small machine.
- Extremely affordable
- Can be easily put into a corner or small space
- Sometimes can leak gas even if all fittings are properly connected
2. Peterson 24 inch Live Oak Set
Another option for those who want a gas-based live oak set inserted into their current fireplace is the Peterson 24 inch live oak set. This will work for all fireplaces where you are using propane gas, and it has natural-looking logs that would make you relax and enjoy yourself while at home. This will be perfect for any lounge or family room area where you will want to sit back on the couch with a book and some coffee.
Those who bought it loved how natural it looked and how easy it was to install on their own and even faster when done by the experts.
- Easy to install if you know what you are doing
- Very natural looking in terms of logs
- Extremely heavy
3. Dyna-Glo 30,000 BTU Natural Gas Vent Free Wall Heater
This heater is one of the best you may find on the market – it has vent free technology, so you don’t need a chimney. It doesn’t require electricity so perfect for daily use. Very economical, you can adjust the heat setting to your desired one. Safe to use with its built-in emergency shut down.
- Burns with 99.9% efficiency
- Can be mounted on the wall
- Few features such as legs and fan sold separately
4. ProCom Ventless Dual Fuel Fireplace
If you are one of those who want something that can fit into a larger space in any room, then the ProComVentless dual fuel fireplace is definitely something to look at. This one can be operated using a remote control, and it has a 25,000 BTU capability that can heat a room of around 1,100 square feet. There are 5 logs inside that look realistic. Do you think you are outside even if you are inside to relax?
It can use either liquid propane or natural gas. A sensor inside will shut the machine off automatically if it doesn’t detect a low level of oxygen or carbon monoxide. Those who purchased this model said that this feature drew them to it, and they felt safe using it.
- Sensor for shutting off if oxygen is low or if carbon monoxide is present
- 1-year warranty
5. Duluth Forge Ventless Natural Gas Log Set
The Duluth gas log set will be perfect for those who don’t want the traditional fireplace but instead want something different. It can be used by remote control, and you can purchase it as stacked red oak or even split red oak depending on the look and feel you want. It is 18 inches, and it can only use propane while heating a room of 1,300 square feet while looking stylish.
8 logs are part of this that is painted by hand, and those who purchased it said the design made it feel like they were outside.
- Automatic sensor for turning off if carbon monoxide or lower oxygen levels are found
- Can be inserted into your current wall-based fireplace
- No grate is included
6. Pleasant Hearth Gas Vent Free Stove
For those who want to use both natural gas and propane-based on their connection requirements, then the Pleasant Hearth gas vent-free stove is one to look at. This one has a unique style, and it has 4 sturdy legs that have a dial for you to change the setting for the flames. If you use this to heat your room, it can handle a space of up to 700 square feet, which is perfect for a small room or apartment.
2 rows of flames can be adjusted to ensure that it has a full look and gives off more heat, and the ceramic logs can be removed. Those who purchased this said it was great for keeping a medium-sized room warm easily without any issues.
- 2-year warranty
- Heats space quickly
- Paint can come off where the flames hit
7. Duluth Ventless Linear Wall Fireplace
If you are searching for a model that can be seamlessly inserted into the wall, then the Duluth ventless linear wall fireplace should be something to check out. It uses 26,000 BTU to heat a room of 1,400 square feet, which means it is perfect for all of the rooms in your home, no matter what they are. There is thermostat control that allows you to set the desired temperature and change it easily and quickly.
This doesn’t have a huge flame, which means that it can be used in bedrooms or even in your office if you want some extra warmth.
- 1-year warranty
- Gives a lot of heat for a small fireplace
- The log might be broken during shipping
8. Peterson Oak Log Set with Vents
Do you have an actual fireplace in your home but don’t want to deal with cleaning up the burnt wood? If you do, then the Peterson oak log set with vents might be a solution since it can be inserted directly into the wall for easy use. This can use only propane, and the logs have been painted by hand so that they look real, which means you will feel like you are relaxing outdoors rather than in your home.
This comes with a grate, so you don’t have to buy one separately, and you can easily have it installed into your existing fireplace by the experts. This is going to be perfect for your living room when you want to relax with your family or friends while watching television or having a cold drink.
- Has embers under the logs for an authentic feel
- Gives out a good amount of heat
- Different elements of the fireplace have different warranty periods
9. Endless Summer Gas Outdoor Fireplace
If you want something that will be unique for your home, which could be used both outside and indoors, you want to try the Endless summer gas outdoor fireplace. It has electronic ignition, and it employs 30,000 BTU, and has a wicker look to it that has an oil-rubbed bronze finish to it. It is 30 x 30 x 24 inches in size, which means it will fit into any small spot you might have, and it is ideal to be used near the pool.
It would make a great spot for everyone in your family to sit around throughout the year, and everyone who purchased it loved it.
- The Door is easy to open for the control panel and tank access.
- Heavy so it won’t tip over easily
- Ignition is very easy.
- Doesn’t come with a cover for the fire area
10. Camco LP Gas Catalytic Heater
If you search for something that isn’t that powerful or used in a smaller area, then the Camco LP gas catalytic heater will be perfect. This comes in different BTU levels, including 3,000, 6,000, and 8,000, so you can choose the amount of heat you would get. This can be used as a portable unit or even mounted to the wall where your gas connection is, and it is perfect to be used in your RV or small cabin.
Everyone who purchased this model said it was great to have something easy and small to carry with them, especially when camping.
- Great for camping or small RVs
- Works perfectly for longer periods
- Not ideal for larger spaces
Gas Fireplaces Buying Guide
There is a lot that you are going to need to think about when you are considering which of the many gas fireplace models you might buy. Here are some of the factors and criteria that you need to look at, such as:
- Type of gas – Ensure that you know what type of gas connection you have in your home to choose the right option. There will be some dual models that would run on both propane and natural gas, but there are also options that don’t. If you want to save yourself the hassle, make sure you know or go for a dual model.
- Fireplace type – Also, ensure that you check out the various types and then see which one will fit into your home and the existing space. If you have a fireplace already built-in, you will want to insert rather than the other options. Look at the space you want it to be installed in and then decide if you want one that would be freestanding or wall-mounted.
- Room size – The room size that the machine can heat up is another thing that you will need to make sure to check out. Think about how much area is in the room you want to have it installed and how much space the machine is made for. However, some models can heat more recommended areas, so make sure to check that out as well.
- Warranty – You would also want to ensure that you consider the gas fireplace warranty period before you make a choice. Think about how long the main part will be covered and any logs or other parts that might be provided. This is important because some brands give different warranty periods for various items, so make sure to do your research.
- Price – Another thing to consider is the price since you want to stay within your budget. Ensure that you know just how much you will spend when it comes to this machine, and then you can look at options that would fit into that budget.
Go ahead and use these factors to find what fireplace option would work the best for you. The more you know, the easier you can compare the various models and then figure out the one that would fit all of your requirements.
Types of Gas Fireplace Heaters
There are plenty of types of fireplace heaters that you are going to want to consider when you are trying to decide which option would work the best for you. These include:
- Freestanding Stoves – These are freestanding stoves that don’t require you to install them into your current fireplace or anywhere else. You can place these anywhere you want, and they come in a wide variety of sizes and models to heat a wide array of room sizes.
- Wall Mounted – If you want something that you can mount on the wall, then there are those options as well. These are typically smaller and wouldn’t work for larger family rooms or homes, but they can work well for an office, living room, or even a small RV or apartment.
- Fireplace Inserts – If you already have your own fireplace built into the home, you can purchase an insert. This would mean that you can get the system that would allow you to install it into the fireplace and then connect the gas to it without worrying about anything else.
Ensure that you are aware of the types of fireplace heaters you would be able to purchase to decide which one is best for you. The one you would purchase will depend on the room’s size, the budget, and even if you already have an existing fireplace.
Considerations Before Buying a Gas Fireplace
There are also some considerations that you are going to need to know about when you are thinking about purchasing a gas fireplace. You want to know some of the considerations that you need to look at before you can purchase anything, such as
- Venting types – You want to know if the model you are looking at will be vent-free or vented. This would mean that there is space for a vent or if there isn’t, and it would be dependent on the type of machine and location of installation.
- Location of installation – Make sure that you are thinking about where it will be installed, which means if any specific clearances would be needed. You also need to think about the venting configuration that would be required.
- Style and type – The final thing to consider is the type of gas fireplace you will choose and the style. Ensure that you are looking at how much space you have available and then decide on what would fit your current look and feel and the area available.
These are just a few of the main considerations that you must think about when trying to determine which of the many models would fit your needs in the best manner possible.
- Can I run my gas fireplace all the time?
A lot of the current inserts and machines have been made to be run all of the time. However, you will want to make sure that you are turning it off to prevent carbon monoxide from getting into the air if you aren’t home.
- What features should I be looking for?
You will want to look for plenty of features when it comes to a gas fireplace, including the automatic switch off. This is important since the machine would turn itself off when a lack of oxygen or carbon monoxide would be detected. You might also want to consider looking at a built-in thermostat or even using a remote to operate it.
- How do I choose the right gas type?
You need to figure out what type of gas connection you have running to your home before you can do this. You can ask the gas company what they are supplying you with or even go for a model with dual-fuel capability.
- How long can an insert for my fireplace last?
If you are worried about how long they will last in terms of look, it will be around 2 to 3 years. However, if they are well maintained and cleaned regularly, you can get them to look great for around 10 years or even longer.
- Can I take care of the installation myself?
If you have an insert installed into your existing fireplace, then if you know what you are doing, yes, you can handle the installation. However, if you don’t know what you are doing, it is better to hire an expert to ensure that all of the necessary wires and pipes are properly connected, and there are no leaks.
Go ahead and ensure that you are thinking about everything that would come along with buying a fireplace for your home. You must be considering what you already have in your home, which could include a fireplace or if you want a freestanding or wall-mounted one. The more you know about the various available models, the easier it will be for you when you are trying to decide what one to buy.
There are plenty of ways to heat your home, which includes using space heaters. However, you could opt for plenty of models, but not all of them might be as efficient as you hoped for. You will want to think about how much area they can cover along with the size of the space heater […]
You will want to ensure that you are using the right gas fireplace in your home, which means knowing what models are available. There are so many options that you can pick and choose from that it can become confusing and complicated when you are trying to make the final choice. These will be options […]
If you have a small home and don’t want to spend a lot of money heating them using electricity, you can opt for the oil-filled heaters. These can also enhance the current system you have, and they can be used in your bedroom and numerous other spaces in your home. If you feel that the […]