The Haverhill HAP52010E is a true-HEPA air purifier. It has one of the best price/performance ratios. This air purifier costs around $100-$170 and is made for rooms up to 538 square feet. It has 6 fan speeds, and air quality indicator, and many other features.
Haverhill HAP52010E Design, size, placement
The Haverhill HAP52010E looks very stylish. It is white in color. This medium size unit is efficient. You can place it close to the wall because the air outlet is at the unit’s top. The depth is only 9.8 inches (25cm). Height is 17.7 inches (45cm), width is 20.7 inches (52.5cm). You can also put this unit on the desk or shelf. The weight is only 15.4lbs (7kg). The carrying handle makes it easy to move from space to space.
How it works and what sources of indoor pollution destroy
The Haverhill HAP52010E air purifier has a fan, and the air is moved through a 3-stage filtration system.
First is a large particle pre-filter. It removes large particles like pet hair, smoke particles, and larger pollen spores. It is washable. As this filter is the first that meets polluted air, it gets dirty faster. For best results, clean it regularly.
Next is the main filter – the true-HEPA filter. It captures 99.97% of allergens and other pollutants as small as 0.3 microns. This includes pollen, mold spores, dust mites, pet dander, smoke particles.
The last one is an activated carbon filter. And this unit uses one of the best carbon filters in its price category. It is thicker than the filters used in competitors’ air purifiers. It removes more odors from cigarette smoke, pets, and cooking.
Haverhill HAP52010E Features
- The Haverhill HAP52010E has really stylish digital controls. Each button has a name on it and a specific symbol.
- Remote control. With it, you can enable or disable all functions.
- 6 fan speeds.
- Air quality indicator changes color based on your current air quality
- Automatic mode helps you to choose the right speed.
- Smoke removal mode – use it when smoking or if you have smoke odors caused by cooking.
- Odor removal mode – targets common household odors such as those from cooking and pets.
- Filter Check Indicator
- The timer option allows you to select how long the air purifier will run before it automatically shuts off. Choose between 2, 4, 6, or 8 hours.
- Night Mode. When set to Night Mode, the display panel lights will dim, and the unit will not go above low fan speed to help keep the room dark and quiet.
- Energy Star operation means it operates efficiently and saves you money in the long run.
- Carrying handle
Haverhill HAP52010E Noise level
Speeds 1 is very silent. Speed 2 and 3 also is silent. Speed 4 to 6 are louder, especially the last one.
Haverhill HAP52010E CADR
I couldn’t find the CADR for this air purifier. But manufacturers homepage specifications say an amount of air moved (Max CFM): 260.
The recommended max space is 538 square feet. The ceiling height is 8 feet.
538×8=4304. 4304/260=16minutes. That means all air in your room will be filtered through the air purifier 4 times/hour.
Haverhill HAP52010E Maintenance and upkeep
Pre-filter should be cleaned every 2 months. For the best results, you can wash or vacuum it every month.
True-HEPA filter is used for 2000 hours in total. The filter check indicator will show when you need to replace it.
The carbon filter should be changed together with the HEPA filter.
Filter replacement is easy – open the front cover, take out the used filters, and replaces it with new ones.
The Haverhill HAP52010E is energy star qualified. The maximum power consumption is 60 watts, and that’s really nothing.
Haverhill HAP52010E Summary
The Haverhill HAP52010E is a really great purchase. It costs around $100-$170; it covers spaces up to 538 square feet. And it has many features such as 6 fan speeds, air quality indicator, automatic mode, night mode, filter check indicator, carrying handle, and even smoke and odor removal modes—ideal for allergy and asthma sufferers and those with light chemical sensitivities.